pancho

yes i hold a valid wp. is it necessary to be a share holder in the company to obtain an extension of stay?/ is this something i can do on my own , or is it necessary to go through accts office?.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

yes i hold a valid wp. is it necessary to be a share holder in the company to obtain an extension of stay?/ is this something i can do on my own , or is it necessary to go through accts office?.

A general list of the requirements for an extension of stay based upon working are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_1

Not shown is the minimum salary requirement of 50k baht for those from most western countries.

thanks again, where does one locate a place ( web site/book )where all the immigration laws and associated costs are broken down for self study? if i may, the folks a TV are clearly experts..................

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

12 hours ago, Pancho said:

thanks again, where does one locate a place ( web site/book )where all the immigration laws and associated costs are broken down for self study? if i may, the folks a TV are clearly experts..................

I only wish it was that simple!

For clear-cut situations, there are guides that explain exactly what to do. Mostly, in other than simple cases, there is a mix of official laws, ministerial orders and police orders which interact with local regulations and practices. Knowing what to do relies on a knowledge of all of these. You are in the right place for the best free advice, but should not expect, even here, that you can get definite answers to all your questions. Similarly, a good immigration lawyer or agent can advise you on viable approaches, but may not have all the answers.

When discussing a multiple entry Non B visa, there is an additional wrinkle. It appears the practices in Penang, the consulate where people applied for these in recent years, has just changed. We know you definitely will be unable to get a multiple Non B in Laos or Cambodia. We know you will only be able to do so in Penang under much narrower conditions than was true in the past. It is conceivable you might be able to do something in Vietnam or Hong Kong (two countries that have been friendly to visa applicants over the last few years). My gut instinct says probably not, but we have no data to tell us definitely one way or the other. You could contact the consulates in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Hong Kong to ask, but communication difficulties mean you could not 100% trust the answer you were given even then.

Welcome to the third world!

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

thanks BT, it looks like its a 90 day non b single. my acct is stating he will put me on his co. as shareholder, in your opinion, is this possible?

That would seem feasible, either in Penang or Vientiane. The advice given by ubonjoe is your best guide. See what he says.