Wat sawang arom school, English Program.

I know the temple, but not the school.

The quality of the various English Program (EP) often depends of origin of the teachers. It's for example said that St. Joseph in Nathon – widely used by middle-class Thai families – has Philippine English-teaches, and it sounds like the kids are speaking English with Mexican accent. Many of our friends used St. Joseph (think price is quite similar to Wat Sawang), but even we were familiar with the school, and had been many times to various events at St. Joseph, we chose another EP option (now it's called bi-lingual school). It has native English-speaking teachers, and also other subjects (for example science and health) than just the language are taught in English, so pretty close to Year 2-7 in a more expensive International School, but still having all the major Thai tasks. My daughter finish P6 now, and can continue straight into International Year 8 from next semester. In the school we chose, the difference between EP and International, which the school also offer now, is the costly certificate, for example the "Cambridge Certificate", which is not that important after P6 (International Y7), but can be very important after Y10 and higher levels, if the child continue in a school abroad, or University, where a Thai-certificate may not have same value.

It's of course a question of what can be afforded, but I think the investment in first Primary years are extremely important, even when the child continue in Thai-school M1 after P6. The level of English language, and other school subjects taught in English after international school-books, offers the child wider possibilities.

Seem like numerous better off Samui Thai-families chose to let their children continue in Bangkok-area boarding schools from M1 – the right name of school might be a door opener in future domestic career – even from the EP school we used for my daughter.

:smile:

32 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Thanks KhunPer, the teachers names in this program are British. 

They have two teachers in each class, one English and one Thai. 

That sounds right, and like other good reputed EP-schools...:smile: