Phuket Immigration Chief calls on expats to report ‘wrongful requests for fees’

snoop1130

22 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Supposed to be free but always been 500 Baht in Chiang Mai.    If you live here better to get a Yellow Book, also supposed to be free but 500 Baht for one time only and no more worries.

Who issues the yellow book >

Immigration or Municipality ?

What documents do you need to get it ?

5 hours ago, NeoDinosaw said:

Who issues the yellow book >

Immigration or Municipality ?

What documents do you need to get it ?

Municipality issues the yellow book.

Contact them to ask what is needed but as a minimum a long term visa (extension) and owner of a condominium etc or when married registered at address together with your wife.

On 2/3/2018 at 9:06 AM, sebastion said:

Its 10 usd each. I dont care as i needed a certificate just 3 times over the course of 12 years.
Last thing im going to do is report it to the chief.
I don't have an enemy here and i don't intend on making any for the sake of 20 dollars.

You can get off your high horse now.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Don't get your knickers in a twist.

You do realize that it's people like you that make them think they can get away with it.

"Enemy" a little paranoid don't you think?

If you think it's about 20 dollars then I"m sorry but you're missing the point.:wai:

On 2/3/2018 at 11:36 AM, meinphuket said:

Report that in person I suppose ? You may as well shoot or deport yourself, for the harrassment levels will be intolerable. Why not avail an email address to file complaints ?

Phuket immigration insists that 90 day visits are done in person we were told several times, whereas the Suan Plu head offie website says that anyone can do so on the holder's behalf. How does immigration imagine personal shows at immigration vs filing online 90 day reporting? Or will they sabotage the reporting system ?

"You may as well shoot or deport yourself, for the harassment levels will be intolerable"

A bit over the top don't you think?

If you're there and are asked for money  (take a deep breath :laugh:) then just ask for the immigration chief, or simply tell the officer that the service is free . Alternatively take your gun with you and shoot him instead :cheesy: