Marriage to foreigners not all it's cracked up to be complains Isaan woman stuck in Farangland!

rooster59

6 minutes ago, MrY said:

YES. Every statement should be taken in it's context. (You just happened to group my remark with someone else's. They were quite dissimilar.)

I'll go along with that claim but I believe you quoted me and at the same time included a post you'd made.

I just wish there could be a complete relaxing of  focus on those whose sexual orientation may not fall within  the mainstream.      I'm sure that'll come to pass but I doubt I'll  ever see it.    

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MrY said:

YES. Every statement should be taken in it's context. (You just happened to group my remark with someone else's. They were quite dissimilar.)

5 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

I'll go along with that claim but I believe you quoted me and at the same time included a post you'd made.

I just wish there could be a complete relaxing of  focus on those whose sexual orientation may not fall within  the mainstream.      I'm sure that'll come to pass but I doubt I'll  ever see it.   

I quoted a chain of comments [including my own]. For context.

The subject of sexual orientation will remain confusing to most, and not the least to those that do not understand their's...

2 minutes ago, nausea said:

Well knock me down with a feather, life in the West isn't all it's cracked up to be - here's a hint, I'm here, in Thailand, I left paradise to cum here. 

And that's the point of the video. She ain't complaining...

15 hours ago, strewth mick said:

They are trying to say that Thailand is more developed than people give it credit for. They talk about the fact that many Asians now partake in tourism to Europe. Whilst demographics are changing I disagree with a few things this person says. The reality is that a huge chunk of the world are living on very small incomes which means they can't afford luxuries such as travel. This includes China and Thailand. They say there are more hookers in Europe than in Thailand....I disagree with this too.

Well done Mick, I got the message too.. certainly better than my Thai attempts here.   BTW I believe hes right about pros in UK,  but as there are legal complications,  its normally  a discreet occupation..with enticing rewards.

On 03/02/2018 at 4:48 AM, JoePai said:

And that attitude to life sums up most Thai girls - and boys  :violin:

i guess your interaction with thai females is confined to girls from a lower class background and of limited education - and to be honest that's a pity because you're missing out on a lot.

my thai female friends are middle class professionals most have studied master degrees in the uk or usa and almost all have travelled abroad on holiday or for business. these thai females are absolutely clear on what life is like in the west which is why very few of them are keen to a) marry a foreigner or B) leave thailand.

this distinction between the lady in the article and thai females from a middle class and/or  educated background is important.

8 minutes ago, Fish Head Soup said:

STD's and the chance of being strangled or beaten to death and left in a motorway layby?

Enticing indeed.

Perhaps you've been visiting the rougher end bargain basement :smile:

Edited by 473geo
  • Thanks 2

Marriage to foreigners not all it's cracked up to be complains Isaan woman stuck in Farangland!

2(5757).jpg.d7fd9585a4723f1346d28374fb16fa7f.jpg
Image: Phenkhao
  An Isaan country girl has gone on Facebook to moan about life with a foreign man abroad.   It is just not the bed of roses that she imagined.   Everything is not laid on for her all day so she can sleep and eat.   She explains in North Eastern dialect as a warning to others:   She has to take responsibility for herself.   She has to look after her own child.   Things are not done for her - there appear to be no maids in Meuang farang ("Farangland")   There are no regular handouts of cash and gifts.   "What's more - things are expensive - and I mean expensive," she says. "What you can find in the markets of Isaan to eat for five or ten baht costs 100 baht.    "There are none of the things that we can find for free growing in the wild.   "A dinner at a restaurant that might cost 100 or 200 in Thailand is 1,000 baht a head. It sets you back 6,000 for the family to eat", said the unnamed woman who was wearing a T-shirt indicating she might be in Germany.   She continued: "It's not "sabai, sabai" like Thailand. In Thailand everyone calls each other auntie or uncle, brother and sister - not here".   Pictures of the woman looking pregnant on a beach probably in Thailand went with the Phenkhao aricle.   Phenkhao chipped in that marrying a farang (white Caucasian) was the dream of many Thai women. They thought it meant an easy and comfortable life that would help to raise the standard of living of those left back home in Thailand.   But, they added, the fact is many Thai women find out it is just a dream. Reality is different.   Source: Phenkhao     tvn_logo.jpg&key=c0462a795211d2ee26e4aec14494dc36e676f591189aadad96b38e269ae09239 -- [emoji767] Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-03

For the 1st 7-Years of our marriage we relocated to the USA (Washington, DC) where my wife worked. The money she earned she used it for miscellaneous expenses for herself and I paid for all other expenses with my salary. In addition to the change of seasons (to include winter) she worked 12+hours a day x 6 day’s a week. We did this for 7-years which taught her the American life style, lots of jobs if your willing to work. All paid off for us as my job allowed me to retire at 56-years old and now we’ve relocated to a Thailand where my US retirement goes a long way (were able to purchase a nice house and live very comfortably).

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, samsensam said:

i guess your interaction with thai females is confined to girls from a lower class background and of limited education - and to be honest that's a pity because you're missing out on a lot.

my thai female friends are middle class professionals most have studied master degrees in the uk or usa and almost all have travelled abroad on holiday or for business. these thai females are absolutely clear on what life is like in the west which is why very few of them are keen to a) marry a foreigner or B) leave thailand.

this distinction between the lady in the article and thai females from a middle class and/or  educated background is important.

Of course "this distinction between the lady in the article and thai females from a middle class and/or  educated background is important"

It all comes down to available options - some have an easier road to travel than others regarding lifestyle choices

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I think after 300+ posts the message is finally getting across :smile:

300 only? I thought I alone posted that many on this thread! I think half of my posts ever  on TV were in the last 24 hours...

15 hours ago, strewth mick said:

I agree with everything you say bkk6060

I cringe when I see the way some guys grovel to their stuck-up girlfriends in Bangkok.

A good test is to give a woman a living plant in a pot and wait.  If it frourishes, she is ok. If it withers and dies.. run.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

A good test is to give a woman a living plant in a pot and wait.  If it frourishes, she is ok. If it withers and dies.. run.  

What about a woman that keeps taking your pots and pulling out the dead plants and planting seeds and getting them to flourish and then picks the plants and cooks them. But she also go to work 6 days a week and buys meat at the market near where she works out of her own money. Is she a good woman to have?

4 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

What about a woman that keeps taking your pots and pulling out the dead plants and planting seeds and getting them to flourish and then picks the plants and cooks them. But she also go to work 6 days a week and buys meat at the market near where she works out of her own money. Is she a good woman to have?

Only if you are happy to spend limited time with her

14 minutes ago, IztwanGurob said:

If she thinks restaurant food is expensive in Germany, she is welcome to Sweden (more expensive) or Norway (very expensive).

Too many problems in Sweden because of an uncontrolled influx of refugees. Security, health, jobs, housing, education and integration all huge problems that look like only getting worse in Sweden. The country is in deep trouble and is sinking fast. It doesn't look like it can be saved, so they can keep their expensive plate of meatballs, I would rather pass.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fish Head Soup said:

Too many problems in Sweden because of an uncontrolled influx of refugees. Security, health, jobs, housing, education and integration all huge problems that look like only getting worse in Sweden. The country is in deep trouble and is sinking fast. It doesn't look like it can be saved, so they can keep their expensive plate of meatballs, I would rather pass.

Enjoy your fish head soup then.....:shock1:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Russell17au said:

She should fire you.

• Like 2

Of course "this distinction between the lady in the article and thai females from a middle class and/or  educated background is important"
It all comes down to available options - some have an easier road to travel than others regarding lifestyle choices

My Thai wife has a BS degree from a Thai Univ but was unable to obtain a white collar job as most of the jobs in the DC area are either Govt, military or a contractor to either. All of our pre-travel discussions went on deaf ears due to culture & weather shock. Maybe middle America would be different.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 hours ago, inThailand said:

Wouldn't many falangs say the same about marrying an Isaan woman? And it's not a free ride?

I dont think any expats are looking for a free ride when marrying a Thai.  Almost all know it's going to cost them money!

A number of years ago, I met a very cute Thai hill tribe gal.  She was 21 but looked 17.  We liked each other, but she wanted to go with me to settle in the US.  I told her I wanted to continue to reside in Thailand.  There was more to it, but she wound up meeting a Canadian fellow, and went there as his wife.  She now has Canadian citizenship.  Her and I are still friends, and I've met her Canadian husband (nice guy).  I'm still attracted to the woman, but I accept the earlier scenario, where I chose to stay in Thailand, and therefore bolloxed my chance to be with the very cute and sexy lady.  

She's not jazzed about residing in Canada.  It's the cold and lack of warm people (and being away from her family in Thailand) which leave her cold.  I think she's got a 'geek' (friend for sex) now - an Indian fellow, closer to her age.  They may be scheming to run off to NYC together.   Life goes on.......

• Like 1