Koh Chang people want a bridge connecting the island with Trat mainland

webfact

Koh Chang people want a bridge connecting the island with Trat mainland

By Thai PBS

ko-chang.jpg

Koh Chang residents and tourism business operators will ask Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha for a bridge linking the island with the Trat mainland when he visits the eastern province today (Feb 5).

Besides the bridge, they will also ask the government to resolve water shortage and land rights conflict on the island.

Gen Prayut and his cabinet ministers will visit Koh Chang in Trat province today before moving on to the neighbouring Chanthaburi province where a mobile cabinet meeting would be held on Wedenesday (Feb 6) at Rambhai Barni Rajabhat University.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/ko-chang-people-want-bridge-connecting-island-trat-mainland/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-02-05

The new Phuket in the making....

I love kho Chang, but I'll never go there again if they build a bridge. Prices will skyrocket, noise pollution due to increased traffic will skyrocket. It will be spoiled in a matter of a few years. 

I'm happy I'm half way my life cycle. Finding unspoiled places has become impossible. I'll move to Cambodia. 

So sad...

Edited by oz457

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Besides the bridge, they will also ask the government to resolve water shortage and land rights conflict on the island.

Bit like putting the cart before the horse if they really want this all to happen AFTER any bridge has been built.

19 hours ago, spermwhale said:

Yeah thanks to the long long queues for the ferry I will never ever go back to Koh Chang. Not to mentioned the wickedly long drive from Bangkok. They should instead invest in another ferry because service is complete S**T

Don't ever go on (or near) a Thai National holiday. Or Friday after 2PM. Otherwise, it's normally pretty good