Wife's New Business

I now live in Thailand upcountry with my wife of two years. She is in the process of renting a property in the provincial capital with the intention of opening a very small mini-mart that will offer farang foods etc aswell as the Thai regular foodstuffs. She has rented the property in her name and has no intention of registering as a company. Is this legal - can she operate a shop as a sole trader as one could in the UK?

I have a sizeable and provable income from property back home and so do not wish to work in her business and sure as ###### do not want to be accused of it if I visit her for a coffee/sandwich etc during business hours - in forum members opinions could / would authorities cause trouble for me in this respect?

I highly doubt that any authorities would bother you. Actually, they cant bother you for going to have some coffee because your not doing anything wrong. They could accuse you I guess but they would be short of that thing called proof. The only reason someone may want to bother you is to try and get money from you. I wouldn't worry. :-))))))