Thailand's roads are the most dangerous in the world - and they're getting worse

40 minutes ago, peperobi said:

Maybe you shut give that movie to the government, is the time that they change somethings otherwise Thailand will have 30,000 or more in one month.

The only response you would get is a defamation charge for tarnishing Thailand's image :cheesy::cheesy:

You can find a compilation video of road accidents for every country in the world. Stats do say Thailand is dangerous. 80% of fatalities are motorbikes. If motorcyclists chose to wear a helmet I am sure the stats would improve. Is it all due to bad driving or the choice to leave your life to fate?

A good place to start improving the abysmal road figures would be harsh mandatory sentences like beach smokers and vapours kill or injure through reckless acts including the old get out of jail card brake failure you are going to jail drive off and its doubled .    

drunks kill themselves on the road.....

idiots kill themselves on the roads and other places.....

ignorants are run over while looking their smartphones by drivers who are

also looking on their smartphone or drive drunk.......

minors are killed on the road ...nobody will stop a 6 y old driving a 150cc motorcycle.....

this is a natural way of keeping the numbers of idiots ,drunks,.......down ?

If you learn a monkey how to drive .....he would drive more safely than most Thais.

8 minutes ago, lucjoker said:

drunks kill themselves on the road.....

idiots kill themselves on the roads and other places.....

ignorants are run over while looking their smartphones by drivers who are

also looking on their smartphone or drive drunk.......

minors are killed on the road ...nobody will stop a 6 y old driving a 150cc motorcycle.....

If you learn a monkey how to drive .....he would drive more safely than most Thais.

yep, 

its called proccess of natural selection ,

the gene pool cleaning its self .

18486164_1420145281357939_2211784416590059816_n.jpg

28 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

You can find a compilation video of road accidents for every country in the world. Stats do say Thailand is dangerous. 80% of fatalities are motorbikes. If motorcyclists chose to wear a helmet I am sure the stats would improve. Is it all due to bad driving or the choice to leave your life to fate?

Sure they would improve but in the first 8 years of being here I had to go to hospital twice after being hit be first a tuk tuk then a Vios in which the drivers thought my side of the road made a change from the normal side . Both times I was wearing a crash hat.  The last one my visor was down on my hat ,if it was up the front of my head would have to of been washed down the drain.

Motorbikes are certainly involved in a huge number of accidents. That said oncoming traffic seems to think its OK to use your lane to get wherever they need to be with absolutely no concern. If I were a cement truck they may think twice but no doubt still give it a shot. How about the bike riders who just absolutely must pass on the left in a congested area of food stalls, 7/11 or Lotus Express where folks figure it's OK to put on the 4 ways and take up part of the through lane. No discussing the planning by your local Mu Ban/Town to the hazards of heavy traffic at roadside markets or big time 7/11 or Express. Bikes/Motorists who insist on jumping the "countdown clock" at traffic lights but they saved 2 seconds on their  jouorney

From a traffic perspective I am a huge Thai Basher. I have been here enough years(14) to see absolutely no change in attitudes re. driving or social skills. Latest example is the speeding Toyota who clocked the nurse at the red light and then claimed "brakes fail". What was that screeching heard on the vid when she realized she was about to cleanup the motorbike? Also the fine response from the police at the site and concern about the damage. Meanwhile the victim is on the pavement and then a slight movement from a leg indicated that she was not dead. No care about life, "Me First"

5 hours ago, siamcrut said:

Of course, every year more cars on the road.
Recently I just did my dl renewal, 2/3 of the people were playing with their phone instead watching the movie...

No wonder, sitting watching that boring movie is just a waste of time, they should stop that nonsense and have real driving and riding tests, and get the police to do their jobs.

Considering Thailand is reasonably flat its roads are relatively safe. The drivers in the country may be the most dangerous but the roads are safe.  Here are some really dangerous roads, the 20 most dangerous roads in the world and not one is in Thailand:

14 hours ago, peperobi said:

Maybe you shut give that movie to the government, is the time that they change somethings otherwise Thailand will have 30,000 or more in one month.

A person shuts a door, or can shut a window do you know the difference between shut and should?

13 hours ago, lucjoker said:

How about TEACHING a monkey to drive, do you think it would LEARN safe driving? 

English lesson finished for the day. :post-4641-1156693976:

13 hours ago, alanrchase said:

I would choose bad driving. 

But not bad roads

15 hours ago, alanrchase said:

M'cyclists like the one in the VDO were my great fear driving to the village. So many just rode onto the road without looking. Seems normal to me to look before riding into the road and potential death from tons of steel moving at 90kph. Perhaps a self preservation gene is lacking in them.

I don't know offhand what the cut off speed for death by collision is, but once over it helmets don't save life, unless thrown along the road, when they stop one's brains being scraped out by the rough surface ( as happened to me- without my helmet I'd be dead ).

1 hour ago, Grumpy Duck said:

Considering Thailand is reasonably flat its roads are relatively safe. The drivers in the country may be the most dangerous but the roads are safe.  Here are some really dangerous roads, the 20 most dangerous roads in the world and not one is in Thailand:

Considering Thailand is reasonably flat

Never driven north of Uttaradit then?

3 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

While I agree it is not Thailand's roads that are dangerous it is the people who use them, a lot of the above video is shot while tilting the camera to make the roads look worse.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Considering Thailand is reasonably flat

Never driven north of Uttaradit then?

I am speaking in relative terms, I am from California where elevations range from Death Valley (-280' sea level) to as high as 14,500' (Mt Whitney) in 84.6 miles.the highest elevation in Thailand is Doi Inthanon El 8465' in Chang Mai which is 695 miles from Bangkok The San Gabriel & San Bernardino Mountain ranges with elevations of between 7000' to 11,000' are an average of 65 miles from the coast. 

No, I have not driven that route but have driven to Nong Kai, which is no big deal to me. 

I have been living retired between Mexico and Thailand for 3 years now. In some parts of Mexico one has to be extra careful for being a victim of crime. In Thailand I really have to be super super careful about being in the roads.. Whether walking (I was hit at slow speed once while walking on the side of the road) or riding a motorbike or driving my car.

I am leaning more and more to more time in Mexico.. Whether I am the victim of a knife attack, gunshot or road accident, dead is dead! I also feel far more welcome in Mexico. I think I missed Thailands HayDays by 10 years or more.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

How about TEACHING a monkey to drive, do you think it would LEARN safe driving? 

English lesson finished for the day. :post-4641-1156693976:

thanks a lot for teaching me , english is my fourth language and still not perfect .

If you want i will correct your French/Dutch/German.....?

Or  are you so smart you speak only  1 language? 

Keep dreaming.....

Archived