Ford unleashes first-ever Ranger ‘Raptor’

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, transam said:

For me in LOS it has always been "reliability" and if a ploblem it can be fixed easy....I think like that cos I ain't in farangland....That is why I bought a Toyota pickup, l was spot on..:stoner:

Me too!

I've driven both a Ranger and Wildtrack (also others) and although nice motors I prefer my Tiger.

My T. Tiger has just passed 200k and the 3L EFI engine is powerful and quiet still.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

The price of "tech", unfortunately if that "tech" goes wrong and it being a Ford in LOS then a Toyota backup should be thought about...

When I priced out the Wildtrack I added a trailer hitch. then just buy a tow bar and attach Nissan behind it for when it does what Fords do the best. 555

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BBJ said:

Many many complaints on the facebook Thai regarding the ranger. 

Here's a link to a real users comments on a high-mileage, high use Ranger.

"I have 182k kms on my 2014 PX XL 3.2L. I replaced the suspension at 100k as it was getting very tired and was going to start doing a few more large 4wd trips whilst towing the camper. Went with a Dobinsons MRR kit.
Had to replace the intercooler hoses around the 100k mark as well as the one that goes to the throttle body split. I got one of the steel pipe replacement kits and that has been going well.

Other than that it just gets serviced at ford every 15k. Comes around every 2-3 months or so. At the recent 180k service they commented that they couldn't find anything wrong with it mechanically.

Has a couple of small squeaks and rattles but I have figured out where to hit things to make them stop for a while haha. Doesn't help that it spends a hell of a lot of time off road so they go back to squeaking again.

Might look at replacing or taking apart the drivers seat at some point. The back rocks slightly back and forth in you move your weight forward and back and has a squeek in the right bolster around shoulder level but it hasn't annoyed me enough to do anything about it yet.

Clutch still going perfect and it does a lot of towing and offroad work so it cops a bit of abuse. I'm pretty surprised by it really. Would have thought I would have had to replace it by now.

Lucky it is white. Don't look at the paint/tray to closely haha. It will break now that I have said it is all going well haha"

Edited by NanLaew

8 hours ago, canopy said:

Yep. Consider at the same time in other countries people can opt for the Shelby Raptor package with 525 horsepower and 610 lb ft of torque. But Ford apparently knows they can put a weak little 2 liter one size fits all engine in the Thai version and people will still like it. Just look at the comments here--many vocal supporters of this decision.

I bet you've got a t-shirt that says, "There's no replacement for displacement!"

Better stop wearing it as it will be the ONLY remembrance of the old 'bigger is better' mantra... apart from the oil stains on the driveway that is.

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I bet you've got a t-shirt that says, "There's no replacement for displacement!"

Better stop wearing it as it will be the ONLY remembrance of the old 'bigger is better' mantra... apart from the oil stains on the driveway that is.

I would question that as you can stick a turbo or two on a V8/12 that would be even more impressive...:stoner:

Three ton turbo Rolls Royce saloon 0-60mph in 4.4 seconds would give many super cars a run for their money whilst having a glass of bubbly...

22 minutes ago, transam said:

I would question that as you can stick a turbo or two on a V8/12 that would be even more impressive...:stoner:

Three ton turbo Rolls Royce saloon 0-60mph in 4.4 seconds would give many super cars a run for their money whilst having a glass of bubbly...

You are talking about limited production. high-end, or modified super cars, no?

Here's my (non Ford Ranger) all-time favorite.

5aa509c9c4f56_bentleyblower.jpg.de4275eb85f5fe70ad3990513d7fc709.jpg

Edited by NanLaew

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I bought a T Tiger 4WD, a few years ago. It has been one great pick-up. I'm not poor but couldn't see myself splashing out on the new Ford at 1-7m Bt. 

200k. and just had the second timing belt replaced. Massively overworked but still going strong. Tiger OK too.

nuts.jpg.d571f958227de266a28dd8c3b5d038b9.jpg

2 hours ago, transam said:

I think you need a refresher course in engineering.

A combustion engine is a way of turning the energy stored in fuel into rotary or mechanical motion.

Displacement is only one factor in many in doing this and in fact large displacement runs into its own inefficiencies especially with turbos and supercharger.

Edited by Airbagwill

12 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

I think you need a refresher course in engineering.

A combustion engine is a way of turning the energy stored in fuel into rotary or mechanical motion.

Displacement is only one factor in many in doing this and in fact large displacement runs into its own inefficiencies especially with turbos and supercharger.

So you put a 2 litre twin turbo in a 3 ton car and it will still do a 4.4 0-60.......?  5150.gif.3eefa3e6451bc36ad27540ed4d162807.gif

21 minutes ago, transam said:

So you put a 2 litre twin turbo in a 3 ton car and it will still do a 4.4 0-60.......?  5150.gif.3eefa3e6451bc36ad27540ed4d162807.gif

A question like that just underlines the shortcomings of your understanding of engineering. You seem to be ignoring even the most elementary concept of power to weight ratios.

Edited by Airbagwill

Just now, Airbagwill said:

A question like that just underlines the shortcomings of your understanding of engineering.

Gawd......Engine power comes from the amount of oxygen you can pull or force into an engine, regardless of size, whether naturally (pull) or forced (turbo, supercharger or N2O)..

All of these methods will increase power to any engine and it is obvious that the bigger the engine the more power can be achieve.Now if you think or know differently then please  explain...

My own 2 ton fun ride stock would run the quarter in the 14's, bigger cam and sorted induction would run 12's, add a bit of N2O/fuel (oxygen) mid 11's...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, transam said:

Gawd......Engine power comes from the amount of oxygen you can pull or force into an engine, regardless of size, whether naturally (pull) or forced (turbo, supercharger or N2O)..

All of these methods will increase power to any engine and it is obvious that the bigger the engine the more power can be achieve.Now if you think or know differently then please  explain...

My own 2 ton fun ride stock would run the quarter in the 14's, bigger cam and sorted induction would run 12's, add a bit of N2O/fuel (oxygen) mid 11's...

oh dear! You're just digging in deeper, you remind me of the auto repair shop hierarchy..... the guy who makes the teat is a "fitter", the guy who changes the oil is a "mechanic" nd the guy who repairs the engine is an "engineer", and the engineer? Doesn't work there.

Edited by Airbagwill

18 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

oh dear! You're just digging in deeper, you remind me of the auto repair shop hierarchy..... the guy who makes the teat is a "fitter", the guy who changes the oil is a "mechanic" nd the guy who repairs the engine is an "engineer", and the engineer? Doesn't work there.

And the airbag Chap blows Air. So if i put my old  Supra twin turbo motor in a 3 ton truck its a winner.BHP per Ton still rules.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

So you cannot explain, just ridicule, oh well......bored.gif.a1c90489991286c31e4c9ed026db956b.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

And the airbag Chap blows Air. So if i put my old  Supra twin turbo motor in a 3 ton truck its a winner.BHP per Ton still rules.

Yes- that's called power to rate ratio and has nothing to do with CC or Cu In.

would explain why F1 and Indycar engines are so enormous!?!?! (not)

Edited by Airbagwill

2 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

Yes- that's called power to rate ratio and has nothing to do with CC or Cu In

You still ain't explained stuff...Should be easy for you, you could even tell me the VE of my 400ci Pontiac cos I forgot..Go for it....:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, transam said:

You still ain't explained stuff...Should be easy for you, you could even tell me the VE of my 400ci Pontiac cos I forgot..Go for it....:thumbsup:

I think the first thing to observe is that if you need explanation you aren't equipped to form an opinion, secondly your comment has nothing to do with the effectiveness of Cu/in from an engineering point of view, finally one might also note that the brand Pontiac is now defunct.........

7 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

finally one might also note that the brand Pontiac is now defunct.........

Your point is ...

Many cars gone away - Aston Martin, Jaguar, Rolls Royce, Bentley. Of course the name remains - like MG - but the cars themselves are history. What is pedaled now is far away from what once was. This just the Brit ones.

As said above - use engineering all you want ... you do not drive a car with your engineering, you drive it with your hands, feet, eyes, and the seat of your pants. This is where the pleasure comes from. And large cubic inches provide more pleasure, instantly, than some 15,000 rpm rice rocket.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

I think the first thing to observe is that if you need explanation you aren't equipped to form an opinion, secondly your comment has nothing to do with the effectiveness of Cu/in from an engineering point of view, finally one might also note that the brand Pontiac is now defunct.........

More waffle and no answer.....Bail out chap.....

There are hundreds of car "names" that have disappeared, that has nothing to do with the VE of a 400ci Pontiac engine or car "names" that are still on the road or track.....

21 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Your point is ...

Many cars gone away - Aston Martin, Jaguar, Rolls Royce, Bentley. Of course the name remains - like MG - but the cars themselves are history. What is pedaled now is far away from what once was. This just the Brit ones.

As said above - use engineering all you want ... you do not drive a car with your engineering, you drive it with your hands, feet, eyes, and the seat of your pants. This is where the pleasure comes from. And large cubic inches provide more pleasure, instantly, than some 15,000 rpm rice rocket.

It seems many have not experienced "big inch" engines under their go pedal foot, and that is why they slag them off...Bit sad really....missing out of fun and smiles..

My old 2 ton Trans trounced Ferrari, Lambo and turbo street cars on the strip, yes top end speed l could not do, but power off the line my dinosaur could do...

Here is a guy having fun, turn the sound up.....:stoner:

• Like 1

It seems many have not experienced "big inch" engines under their go pedal foot, and that is why they slag them off...Bit sad really....missing out of fun and smiles..
My old 2 ton Trans trounced Ferrari, Lambo and turbo street cars on the strip, yes top end speed l could not do, but power off the line my dinosaur could do...
Here is a guy having fun, turn the sound up.....:stoner:

I guess it similar to seeing bands at the height of their careers/creative times. If you weren’t there, you won’t understand.
(I get it Trans).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

I think its a funny topic,back in the World i bet non of You debated about Pikies old Transit,or Bubbas old Farm Truck.1.5Mill for a Mellon Humper and you go on about It..!?emoji609.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

This is the motoring forum....bored.gif.2c57f4f3cfa8c2f7fb28f11e6a96366f.gif