Luvox / Fluvoxamine / SSRI in Thailand ?

Greg125

Hi, Im running out of my Luvox supply, and I cannot find this medicine in Indonesia and Philippines as well. I was reading here that some people managed to find Zooloft in Thailand.

My question is - is it possible to get Luvox ( ingredient: Fluvoxamine) anywhere in Thailand ? It's and SSRI drug. 

I'd be so thankful if anyone can tell me.

Thanks Sheryl, 

Yes, according to MIMS its available, but I just called SOS international clinic, they told me I can't buy it in Indo. Ive tried in Bali too, no luck. 

That's why Im thinking to fly to Thailand just to get this medicine, however I need to make sure I can get it in Pharmacy.

You checked MIMS website ?

I very much doubt the information you received on the phone from hospitals was accurate as I know for a fact that they have a much wider range of anti-depressents than this. It is difficult to get accurate detailed information form hospitals ("international" or otherwise) and almost impossible to get information on what their pharmacy stocks. Prozac and Zoloft were likely the only antidepressant drug names known to whomever you spoke to but they are definitely not the limit of what is available in hospital pharmacies or, for that matter, non-hospital pharmacies.

Fluvoxamine is an over the counter drug in Thailand, you can purchase directly at a pharmacy.

But I do not know how widely available.  The best place to ask is the distributor who can advise what pharmacies they have recently supplied to. It is Zuellig, not sure how easy they are to deal with by phone or email.

If you are buying say a year supply it might be possible to buy direct from Zuellig.

Tel: (+66) 2656 9800

fax.png Fax: (+66) 2656 9801

email.png Email: [email protected]