Trump says Democratic memo on Russia is 'very political,' needs redactions

rooster59

LOL :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

So let me get this right (again):

1.  Russians leaked the criminal illegal activities of the DNC and Clintons;

2.  Russians influenced social media discussions about Trump and Clinton.

So - all those thousands of mid-west Americans who turned up to all the Trump rallies (crickets at Hillary's) were Russians? Or were influenced by the Russians?  

No wait - I think I know what you mean. 

The russians affected the vote by leaking information about the illegal and corrupt activities of the DNC and the Clintons.  How dare they let the american people know what they are not allowed to know about the corruption in the swamp. LOL !!   

Newsflash liberals - the american people already knew the washington swamp was infested with anti-american unpatriotic self-serving (delete) and that the MSM was biased against the republicans and hated Trump.  Trump resonated with the american people who had had a gutfull of PC globalist crap that was taking their jobs and giving it to cheap overseas labor so the well to do in NW and CA could buy cheaper products and services and the businesses would make more profits.  Perhaps the DNC and HRC would have won if they recognised that fact, instead of calling them deplorable - but unlikely.

Trump is innocent as someone has said. DNC and HRC are the guilty ones. Where is the investigations into what happened with them? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Trump is innocent as someone has said. 

I think I'll just save time and summarize your rebuttal. It encompasses the full breadth and depth of your analysis as well as the source of all factual information that you possess.

I would recommend that you avoid the legal system. I think your ability to provide a credible defense is in question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, riclag said:

Shouldn't the Dem's  be calling for  the FISA court transcripts released ?

Transcripts equal full transparency .  This would clear the memos and restore what little credibility both sides have 

Do you know how long the transcripts are and what intelligence and intelligence sources would be revealed by releasing the full transcripts?  I don't.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, JCauto said:

I think I'll just save time and summarize your rebuttal. It encompasses the full breadth and depth of your analysis as well as the source of all factual information that you possess.

I would recommend that you avoid the legal system. I think your ability to provide a credible defense is in question.

Republicans pushed Rosenstein to explain whether a dossier with unverified allegations against Trump, some of them salacious, was used as the sole justification to open the Russia investigation and obtain surveillance warrants under former FBI Director James Comey, who was fired by Trump in May.

A senior Justice Department official, Bruce Ohr, had connections to Fusion GPS, the opposition-research company that created the dossier, which was largely financed by Clinton’s campaign.

Court papers made public on Tuesday confirmed that Ohr’s wife was paid by Fusion GPS for work tied to Trump. In a federal court affidavit, Glenn Simpson, the firm’s founder, confirmed that he met with Ohr last year, at Ohr’s request, in November after the election. Ohr was demoted last week.

Rosenstein declined to comment on matters involving the dossier.

Jordan told reporters after the hearing that “it’s time for subpoenas from our committee” because “basic facts seemed to elude the deputy attorney general.”

Asked whether a second special counsel is needed, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders told reporters Tuesday, “If we are going to investigate things, let’s look at something where there’s some real evidence.” She said Trump “has great concern about some of the conduct that’s taken place.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-10/trump-blocks-release-of-democratic-rebuttal-to-gop-probe-memo

It has been 'interesting' debating with Liberals about reality, but my time is up - gotta start getting ready for golf.  Cant say when I will next have the time to continue the 'discussion' - but I am sure you will all be here same day same time same views.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Do you know how long the transcripts are and what intelligence and intelligence sources would be revealed by releasing the full transcripts?  I don't.

No, I don't care how long they are . I care about the truth..Its a divided America,with divided opinions.

8 minutes ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Republicans pushed Rosenstein to explain whether a dossier with unverified allegations against Trump, some of them salacious, was used as the sole justification to open the Russia investigation and obtain surveillance warrants under former FBI Director James Comey, who was fired by Trump in May.

A senior Justice Department official, Bruce Ohr, had connections to Fusion GPS, the opposition-research company that created the dossier, which was largely financed by Clinton’s campaign.

Court papers made public on Tuesday confirmed that Ohr’s wife was paid by Fusion GPS for work tied to Trump. In a federal court affidavit, Glenn Simpson, the firm’s founder, confirmed that he met with Ohr last year, at Ohr’s request, in November after the election. Ohr was demoted last week.

Rosenstein declined to comment on matters involving the dossier.

Jordan told reporters after the hearing that “it’s time for subpoenas from our committee” because “basic facts seemed to elude the deputy attorney general.”

Asked whether a second special counsel is needed, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders told reporters Tuesday, “If we are going to investigate things, let’s look at something where there’s some real evidence.” She said Trump “has great concern about some of the conduct that’s taken place.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-10/trump-blocks-release-of-democratic-rebuttal-to-gop-probe-memo

It has been 'interesting' debating with Liberals about reality, but my time is up - gotta start getting ready for golf.  Cant say when I will next have the time to continue the 'discussion' - but I am sure you will all be here same day same time same views.

"Republicans pushed Rosenstein to explain whether a dossier with unverified allegations against Trump, some of them salacious, was used as the sole justification to open the Russia investigation and obtain surveillance warrants under former FBI Director James Comey, who was fired by Trump in May."

I, and many others, can answer that: No.  Are you kidding? The parts of the transcript that were independently verified were used as part of the FISA request for a warrant, and the Russia investigation had been initiated before the FISA court request.

Regarding Sarah Huckabee Sanders, she says what Trump wants her to say, and Trump wants the Russia investigation halted before it learns too much.

11 minutes ago, riclag said:

No, I don't care how long they are . I care about the truth..Its a divided America,with divided opinions.

You also don't care about revealing US intelligence  and intelligence sources.  Ok...Do you work for Putin?  It's nothing to be ashamed of, Trump is doing Putin's bidding and doesn't even know it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You also don't care about revealing US intelligence  and intelligence sources.  Ok...Do you work for Putin?  It's nothing to be ashamed of, Trump is doing Putin's bidding and doesn't even know it.

You know if you were to say that somebody is doing the Russians bidding  back in the communist cold war days,I would be respectful of that.This Putin fear is overrated! They had RT talking bad about Hillary on facebook with Russian bots backing it up . Wikileaks publishing  Podesta emails through a phishing scheme ,committed by Russians. 

Edited by riclag

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

All lines in your post are incorrect. Beyond me why you're posting this nonsense.

Because he doesn't care about right or wrong or old-fashioned notions of intellectual honesty and decency.  It's pure partisanship and deflecting with ridiculous BS is OK, the equivalent of diving or a handball in socker.  It's not "cheating", just being clever.

14 minutes ago, riclag said:

You know if you were to say that somebody is doing the Russians bidding  back in the communist cold war days,I would be respectful of that.This Putin fear is overrated! They had RT talking bad about Hillary on facebook with Russian bots backing it up . Wikileaks publishing  Podesta emails through a phishing scheme ,committed by Russians. 

They did much more than that, and if nothing is done they will do even more next time.  That's why it needs to be investigated, and why the US government should be more concerned with protecting the integrity of elections than protecting Trump from his bad judgment and bad company.

6 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Well, he's absolutely correct. Schiff threw in all kinds of material that is classified intending to make Trump appear less than opaque. 

Then they were cought out. - again. 

you mean 'caught'. Trump isn't at all opaque, everybody can see through him.

I am  thinking  of  the  comedy  of  the  moment... Mr  President, we  advise  you  to   recommend   that the  release  of  this  memo  be  conditional  on  redactions  in  content .

Huh?  What  the .... is  a  redaction?

Mr  President.. in  this   case  it  means  taking  out  the  parts  that  are  true  or  anything   close  to  it.

Oh  !  Ok  !   I  can  go  with  that !

7 hours ago, Jonnapat said:

Quite possibly the worst week yet for the White House inhabitant 

You're thinking in good old reality based world that we've somehow and tragically lost.

In "trump" world things don't work like that.

In fun-house mirrors of Trump White House, disarray can look like victory

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/in-fun-house-mirrors-of-trump-white-house-disarray-can-look-like-victory/2018/02/10/9321cec0-0e6e-11e8-8b0d-891602206fb7_story.html

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Too long means he definitely hasn't even read it! Anything over one page that is peppered with references to "trump" is beyond his attention span.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Whatever you think of Trump, childish remarks like this only tend to tarnish any argument you might make in discourse over his policies like them or not. Whether you like it or not, Trump's success in business, certainly means he can pay attention to detail. 

Edited by Trouble

14 minutes ago, Trouble said:

Whatever you think of Trump, childish remarks like this only tend to tarnish any argument you might make in discourse over his policies like them or not. Whether you like it or not, Trump's success in business, certainly means he can pay attention to detail. 

Trump's success in business, certainly means he can pay attention to detail. 

In business he may pay attention to detail but with 6 corporate bankruptcies he doesn t pay creditors.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Dems - no no no you cant release the memo - classified - security.

WH - parts redacted - memo released

Dems - you must release our memo unredacted - classified and security dont matter this time

WH - yes they do 

Elvis, you are ignoring some important facts.

First, there would not even be a Democratic memo to argue about if the Republicans had not pulled this stunt of releasing their memo in the first place. You're blaming the Democrats of wanting to tell their side of the story in response?

Second, Trump approved release of the memo IN SPITE OF objections from the Justice Department and the FBI. Now he is using their objections as an excuse NOT to release the Democrats version of events. Now THAT'S hypocrisy.

Edited by charmonman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Trouble said:

I have an honest question for you Trouble. Do you find anything about Trump's behaviour at all childish?

12 hours ago, ELVIS123456 said:

LOL :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

So let me get this right (again):

1.  Russians leaked the criminal illegal activities of the DNC and Clintons;

2.  Russians influenced social media discussions about Trump and Clinton.

So - all those thousands of mid-west Americans who turned up to all the Trump rallies (crickets at Hillary's) were Russians? Or were influenced by the Russians?  

No wait - I think I know what you mean. 

The russians affected the vote by leaking information about the illegal and corrupt activities of the DNC and the Clintons.  How dare they let the american people know what they are not allowed to know about the corruption in the swamp. LOL !!   

Newsflash liberals - the american people already knew the washington swamp was infested with anti-american unpatriotic self-serving (delete) and that the MSM was biased against the republicans and hated Trump.  Trump resonated with the american people who had had a gutfull of PC globalist crap that was taking their jobs and giving it to cheap overseas labor so the well to do in NW and CA could buy cheaper products and services and the businesses would make more profits.  Perhaps the DNC and HRC would have won if they recognised that fact, instead of calling them deplorable - but unlikely.

Trump is innocent as someone has said. DNC and HRC are the guilty ones. Where is the investigations into what happened with them? 

Criminal illegal activities? Please explain.

No one has ever claimed that Russians did anything beyond pumping up fake news via social media (primarily Facebook, something Facebook now admits was real), and possibly providing (illegally) hacked information to the Trump campaign. Russians attending rallies? Now you're just making stuff up.

Only people in the "well to do" coastal regions can buy cheap Chinese goods. You mean people in the mid-west can't shop at Walmart? News to me.

And you seriously are saying only the Hillary campaign insulted their opposition. I mean its not like Trump ever called anyone an insulting name.

By the way, I am not a "liberal", just someone still in touch with reality. Also, I probably share some of your anti-globalist views. I just think Trump is just about the worst possible person to take it on as an issue, given his own globalist business dealings, and his sheer incompetence.

Edited by charmonman

17 hours ago, riclag said:

Thats the nub of it , truth , ethics and clear , logical analysis has been replaced by blinkered partisan dogma. Brexit has had a corrosive effect in the UK and Trumps presidency is equally toxic.

More a case of trying to camouflage the swamp rather than draining it.

7 hours ago, Trouble said:

Childish remarks? It's the truth.

• Thanks 1