Xbox 360 Q

phazey

Wow

I was thinking of buying a 360 but after seeing the prices for the components........errr no

How do they justify 1900 bht for s video cables, same price for DVD cables and then 8000 bht for a dvd player.................. thats well over the odds surely. I just bought an external dvd drive for my PC, read and writes EVERY media, lightscribe enabled, superfast and it records from the tv and other external sources............. 3000 bht

I know, people will say they sell it cheap and make their money back thru the accessories blah blah

Me..........I'm just not buying it (sic)

JAF

same price for DVD cables and then 8000 bht for a dvd player.................. thats well over the odds surely.

JAF

Wrong. HD-DVD player. It's actually the cheapest HD-DVD player on the market at the moment. Many people are buying it to use with their PC.

Cables are a ripoff though.

Don't even think they sell S-Video cables and as the poster above said the drive is actually a HD-DVD drive that ADDED to the cost of the xbox360 still comes in CHEAPER than any other device that can play high-definition DVD's.

In regards to cost of cables, MS lost nearly $200+ per 360 sold until recently, its a razor/blades scenario.

If anyone wants to know if the HD-DVD drive is worth it, most certainly, I have two now and you can buy HD-DVD's here in Thailand as HD-DVD is completely region free. Originals are 1200 baht or so, not much more than import DVD's.

If anyone wants to know if the HD-DVD drive is worth it, most certainly, I have two now and you can buy HD-DVD's here in Thailand as HD-DVD is completely region free. Originals are 1200 baht or so, not much more than import DVD's.

Hi Ben,

Have you tried using the HD-DVD drive with a PC?. Is USB2 fast enough?

I have not tried the 360 HD-DVD attachment with a PC but have heard that it works flawlessly (have to download drivers).

Here are soem places in Thailand that do HD-DVD's, they do mail-order as well - I have used both with some success. Limited titles at the moment but its worth contacting them to find out what they have in stock - they will also order movies which takes 7-14 days I believe.

Pricing is 1,100-1,600 baht or so.

http://www.amornmovie.com/shop/home/search...p;Submit=Search

http://www.boomerangshop.com/boomweb/produ...xt=%&ft=all