METV, last day of entry

I'm pretty late I know ?

My Metv says enter before 13th Feb, yep Today. It's not a big issue, as my last entry was a week ago. However, I was thinking to have lunch in Lao today, just to remain more flexible. Is the 13th the last day when I receive another 60 days, or does "before 13th" mean yesterday was the deadline?

2 hours ago, elviajero said:

You can enter before midnight on the 13th (today) and still receive a final 60 days.

This is wrong

It says "enter before 13", thus the last day was the 12th, which was yesterday. If you enter Thailand today the Visa has expired and you get a 30 day Visa exemption

20 minutes ago, jackdd said:

This is wrong

It says "enter before 13", thus the last day was the 12th, which was yesterday. If you enter Thailand today the Visa has expired and you get a 30 day Visa exemption

It is not wrong.

The visa is valid for a full 6 months from the day it’s issued. You have until midnight on the ‘enter before’ date to make the final entry. It’s been discussed and confirmed many times on this forum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elviajero said:

It is not wrong.

The visa is valid for a full 6 months from the day it’s issued. You have until midnight on the ‘enter before’ date to make the final entry. It’s been discussed and confirmed many times on this forum.

It's been a while since this has happened to me, but back then i had a triple entry tourist visa, and wanted to make a Visa run on the last day. I didn't pay attention that it said "enter before" and made a Visa run on this date... result was my visa was not valid anymore and i got the 30 days. 5 or 6 years ago at some border to Cambodia. And actually that's what it says "enter before". If they wanted to include this day they could write "enter before end of".

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

It's been a while since this has happened to me, but back then i had a triple entry tourist visa, and wanted to make a Visa run on the last day. I didn't pay attention that it said "enter before" and made a Visa run on this date... result was my visa was not valid anymore and i got the 30 days. 5 or 6 years ago at some border to Cambodia. And actually that's what it says "enter before". If they wanted to include this day they could write "enter before end of".

I think your memory is faulty (or, perhaps, the official made a mistake). It has always been true that Enter before on the visa means 'Enter on or before'. I made use of this fact a couple of times myself in the past. Similarly, Admitted until on your permission to stay means 'admitted until the end of the day specified'.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I think your memory is faulty (or, perhaps, the official made a mistake). It has always been true that Enter before on the visa means 'Enter on or before'. I made use of this fact a couple of times myself in the past. Similarly, Admitted until on your permission to stay means 'admitted until the end of the day specified'.

If i don't forget about it i will check if my memory is faulty or not, i still have my old passport somewhere at home.

That "admitted until" includes the last day makes sense. That "enter before" includes this day is just grammatically wrong.

I did search for it on Google, and it really seems to be possible to enter on the "enter before" date from the reports there.

But here for example a quote from the Thai Consulate in the UK:

The expiry date of the visa shows on the visa as the ENTER BEFORE date. For example, if the visa was issued on 01 JAN 2016 (DATE OF ISSUE) the ENTER BEFORE date would be 31 MAR 2016. This means that entry into Thailand must be no later than 30 Mar 2016

On the other hand for example the Consulate in Switzerland says that it's possible to enter on the "enter before" date.

5 hours ago, jackdd said:

This is wrong

No, not true. It says 'enter before' but with the visa stamps this means 'latest enter date is ...'.