Chinese netizens impressed by Thai woman who handed back tourist's purse

webfact

Chinese netizens impressed by Thai woman who handed back tourist's purse

27788069_1798366443517615_3797063346527817757_o.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

Sophon Cable TV reported on Facebook that the world of Chinese social media was heaping praise on a Thai woman who found a purse and managed to return it to its rightful owner.

Heroine of the hour was Arun Matayarit, 46, who works as an employee on the NPE company speedboat service between Pattaya and Koh Larn.

She found a purse on the beach with a passport in the name of Miss Zhang Xue, 21, and with the help of friends returned that and the money contents - 5,000 baht and 3,500 yuan - to the Chinese tourist.

Sophon said that the story was doing the rounds of Chinese social media who were praising Arun.

Source: Sophon Cable

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-13

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

Heroine of the hour was Arun Matayarit

This woman belongs to the very rare, long lost tribe of honest people, that still,

every now and than show up to amaze people with their act of honor and self

respect to others...

• Like 1

I found a wallet dropped in a Bangkok taxi on Saturday.  Using the Bangladeshi ID cards/credit cards/Thai driving licence my son tracked him down via FB.  Telephone numbers were exchanged and put us in touch with the owner.  We waited about till he arrived.  He thanked us and left.  There was a BKK bank receipt showing a 500,000 transfer. He didn't even offer to buy us a drink.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

This woman belongs to the very rare, long lost tribe of honest people, that still,

every now and than show up to amaze people with their act of honor and self

respect to others...

I assume she weighed up the odds preferring to come clean otherwise get caught on camera stealing the contents. Time for TAT to intervene with another Fruit/flower basket and heap on the praise .................:passifier:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

I found a wallet dropped in a Bangkok taxi on Saturday.  Using the Bangladeshi ID cards/credit cards/Thai driving licence my son tracked him down via FB.  Telephone numbers were exchanged and put us in touch with the owner.  We waited about till he arrived.  He thanked us and left.  There was a BKK bank receipt showing a 500,000 transfer. He didn't even offer to buy us a drink.

Perhaps he is a Muslim; being from Bangladesh; and dissapproves of taking alcohol. Then again, he could just be a tight wad.

23 minutes ago, ScotBkk said:

I assume she weighed up the odds preferring to come clean otherwise get caught on camera stealing the contents. Time for TAT to intervene with another Fruit/flower basket and heap on the praise .................:passifier:

Fair point as CCTV cameras are presently being installed on the Beach Road promenade. Some of them might even work ....... but which ones?

• Haha 1