Obama unveils official portraits, jokes about wife's 'hotness'

webfact

I held of mentioning this, hoping that somebody else would do it, but...

This artist should have been locked up for hate crimes instead of painting presidential portraits. The artist is famous/renowned for painting black people holding decapitated white peoples heads. Even snopes had to admit to it, the evidence is after all painted for all to see. I am truly sickened by this act of the Obamas. Can we just imaging if Trump chooses a painter that is famous for painting white people that decapitate blacks? I can't begin to imagine the frothing that would cause, and now. Crickets....

https://www.snopes.com/kehinde-wiley-painted-black-woman-severed-head/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FreddieRoyle said:

I held of mentioning this, hoping that somebody else would do it, but...

This artist should have been locked up for hate crimes instead of painting presidential portraits. The artist is famous/renowned for painting black people holding decapitated white peoples heads. Even snopes had to admit to it, the evidence is after all painted for all to see. I am truly sickened by this act of the Obamas. Can we just imaging if Trump chooses a painter that is famous for painting white people that decapitate blacks? I can't begin to imagine the frothing that would cause, and now. Crickets....

https://www.snopes.com/kehinde-wiley-painted-black-woman-severed-head/

Wow. Must be the first time you have fact checked anything. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Amazing artist! Perfect choice for the Obama portrait. To suggest this great American artist should be locked up for "hate crimes" is beyond absurd. It's scary to experience the fascist, anti-intellectual, anti-science, anti-diversity, anti-free press, anti-science, anti-artist, white resentment positions of the current American "right wing" movement now in power. We've seen this kind of toxic idiocy in history but some people are incapable of learning from it. 

Sample his work --

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=kehinde+wiley&t=hg&iax=images&iai=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.toledoblade.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F02%2F04%2Fx600_q65_ca5%2C114%2C1994%2C1776%2FPainter-Kehinde-Wiley.jpg&ia=images

Edited by Jingthing

19 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Comfortably the best US presidential couple in the White House since WW II, possibly ever.

Camelot was very popular back in the day,then fast forward it to present day.Sad, how history could erase all of that!

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's not surprising the deplorable set doesn't appreciate fine art that defies boring convention.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Actually, I think both portraits are superb.  Really fine, aspirational art IMO.  If someone is looking at them in 200 years though the portraits won't tell them anything about the actual people whose likenesses are portrayed. A wee bit fanciful but really fine pieces.

I retract my insinuation that cannuckamuck doesn't have a Fine Arts degree. That was uncalled for.

His criticism of the Obama portrait struck me as too politically and perhaps racially biased to pass for sincere art criticism, so his attempt to add validity to his critique by citing academic credentials was not well received.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1

To be honest when i first saw the pictures i thought they were rubbish still do. At the time i had not read the article and did not know who had painted them i still think they are awful and before the usual suspects start calling me racist i think Tracy Emmin is the worst "artist" in the world and she is white.

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

I retract my insinuation that cannuckamuck doesn't have a Fine Arts degree. That was uncalled for.

His criticism of the Obama portrait struck me as too politically and perhaps racially biased to pass for sincere art criticism, so his attempt to add validity to his critique by citing academic credentials was not well received.

I think any personal claims made by anonymous parties on the forum ought to be viewed as suspect particularly claims where the content of what they have posted in no way establishes their knowledgability. It's one thing when people are discussing practical stuff like repairing a motor or retiling a swimming pool. In the give and take that follows, it's usually pretty evident whether or not they know what they're talking about.But a fine arts degree, even if he has one, gives him superior insight into the paintings? Do all or most people with fine arts degrees agree with him? 

17 minutes ago, i claudius said:

To be honest when i first saw the pictures i thought they were rubbish still do. At the time i had not read the article and did not know who had painted them i still think they are awful and before the usual suspects start calling me racist i think Tracy Emmin is the worst "artist" in the world and she is white.

Here's what you wrote before:

"Oh i just read the article its cos they is black. I hate PC why not just pick a good artist.no matter if their black white or orange with red stripes?"

And your first sentence here, which I assume is supposed to imitate what you imagine to be a version of black English, is not a piece of bigoted foulness?

And the ridiculous idea that your dislike of a certain white artist proves you are not a racist? Hitler disliked many white artists so I guess he wasn't a racist either.

Edited by ilostmypassword

42 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

I think any personal claims made by anonymous parties on the forum ought to be viewed as suspect particularly claims where the content of what they have posted in no way establishes their knowledgability. It's one thing when people are discussing practical stuff like repairing a motor or retiling a swimming pool. In the give and take that follows, it's usually pretty evident whether or not they know what they're talking about.But a fine arts degree, even if he has one, gives him superior insight into the paintings? Do all or most people with fine arts degrees agree with him? 

It's like some talking head on Fox News, after making an asinine comment about Michelle Obama's hand having been strategically placed in front of her neck to hide her Adam's apple, proceeds to tell the viewers his opinions deserve respect because half a century ago he happened to take a few art history classes at Pohdunk community college. LOL.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1

Here's what you wrote before:
"Oh i just read the article its cos they is black. I hate PC why not just pick a good artist.no matter if their black white or orange with red stripes?"
And your first sentence here, which I assume is supposed to imitate what you imagine to be a version of black English, is not a piece of bigoted foulness?
And the ridiculous idea that your dislike of a certain white artist proves you are not a racist? Hitler disliked many white artists so I guess he wasn't a racist either.
As usual you twist the truth my FIRSTpost was not that go back and look again then go away and stop trying to make me out a racist .

3 minutes ago, i claudius said:

As usual you twist the truth my FIRSTpost was not that go back and look again then go away and stop trying to make me out a racist .

Nothing at all in your reply that specifically rebuts what I contend.

You're the one who claimed that an article (this one?) said that the artists got chosen because they were black. And then you posted a ridiculous proof that you're not a racist by saying you don't like a white artist.

A disgusting troll post and an answer to it have been removed.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

• Like 1

By the artist who paints black women holding severed heads of white women in one hand and a knife in the other.   Poor choice of artist, unless he was trying to send a message??

That has to be in the "what was he thinking" category.

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 1