Thaksin and Yingluck now in Japan, says Prawit

webfact

10 hours ago, JAG said:

No? Explain why you say that is the case? It rather contradicts a couple of occasions I have known it happen.

Because no one can travel internationally legally, across countries' borders (not including certain European countries) without a valid passport, particularly individuals who are not leaders of countries or royalty or in some kind of emergency situation.

Explain the couple of occasions that you personally have witnessed it happening, then.  This should be interesting!

Edited by Just Weird

10 hours ago, Becker said:

No use Jag, he just writes short statements without backing them up.

You just did that!

Sometimes the answer is so glaringly obvious it doesn't need any explanation...except for a couple of people.

Edited by Just Weird

On 2/13/2018 at 2:51 PM, PhonThong said:

I'm waiting for the pictures from Olympic Village. Can't believe they're not taking in a few Olympic games. Is there a Thai badminton team on the schedule this year?

In the winter Olympics ? The Thais would freeze to death before the first ball been played , it's minus 12 Celsius . 

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Because no one can travel internationally legally, across countries' borders (not including certain European countries) without a valid passport, particularly individuals who are not leaders of countries or royalty or in some kind of emergency situation.

Explain the couple of occasions that you personally have witnessed it happening, then.  This should be interesting!

Former Yugoslavia (Bosnia) in the 1990s and more latterly Sierra Leone in 2002.

People from these countries, unable to obtain passports were able to apply for permits to travel to and via other countries, often for mundane personal reasons. So it's possible, notwithstanding your assertion that is absolutely not. Those were unusual circumstances, as are those in which the Shinawatras' find themselves; elected political leaders deposed by military coups, and now "wanted" by the junta which superceded them. The motivation and intentions of the junta are I suggest well known internationally. The Shinawatras are I would also suggest well enough funded and known to be able to arrange travel.

I'm not sure that it is really that interesting, but make of it what you will.

Edited by JAG
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JAG said:

Former Yugoslavia (Bosnia) in the 1990s and more latterly Sierra Leone in 2002.

People from these countries, unable to obtain passports were able to apply for permits to travel to and via other countries, often for mundane personal reasons. So it's possible, notwithstanding your assertion that is absolutely not. Those were unusual circumstances, as are those in which the Shinawatras' find themselves; elected political leaders deposed by military coups, and now "wanted" by the junta which superceded them. The motivation and intentions of the junta are I suggest well known internationally. The Shinawatras are I would also suggest well enough funded and known to be able to arrange travel.

I'm not sure that it is really that interesting, but make of it what you will.

So I was right, those circumstances were exceptional and those involved, as you said yourself, had to apply for permits to travel!  The circumstances that the Shins are in are not the same in any way!   Being well-funded does not allow anyone to travel across borders without documentation in the vast majority of countries.

By the way, Yingluck was not deposed by a coup.

The longer this goes on the more people might think that the Shinawatras maybe were not so bad and you did have a chance every 4 years to chuck them out and give someone else a chance.

Did they ever come up with the numbers 44 or similar? Did they install stooges to always remain in control no matter what?

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

So I was right, those circumstances were exceptional and those involved, as you said yourself, had to apply for permits to travel!  The circumstances that the Shins are in are not the same in any way!   Being well-funded does not allow anyone to travel across borders without documentation in the vast majority of countries.

By the way, Yingluck was not deposed by a coup.

No, you weren't right. You said that it was"absolutely not possible" to arrange travel without a passport. You then challenged me to explain how it could be possible, I explained.

Yes the circumstances are unusual, but it is not for me or you to decide what is unusual, but for those countries which they wish to travel to.

Of course they may be traveling on a third countries passport, there again the may not.