Buy existing Massage shop in Pattaya

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you would be ill advised to invest in such a venture.  What are your expectations for return of investment?  What legal standing would you have to recoup your investment if it goes sideways.  Does your BIL have property which he could mortgage to raise funds to invest?  If so, and he is not willing to do that, I would steer clear.  If he has no net worth then, well, I guess that speaks for itself.

If you have no expectations for a return, please protect yourself from any possible downsides by keeping your name, signatures, and all connections (even through marriage) as far away as possible. from this transaction.  

Ask yourself this question: " If a bank would not invest in this type of venture, why should I?" 

My guess is that you'll get nothing back, even after the business is sold.  Also, is you're wife a 'working owner?'  If anyone says that a Thai massage shop is 100% legit (as in no 'special massages' being done on premise or other types of questionable activity such as full-service out-calls, and a strict set of accounting books are being kept and taxes are being paid) I can only comment on the naivety of such thinking, i.e., you have no idea how Thai massage businesses function in Thailand.  And the brother-in-law is involved too? - that's a red flag.

Why not a noodle shop or a restaurant or a type of retail business where there is no question that the product/services are completely above board?  Massage shop? 

If you just want to be a nice guy and help your wife set up a business, then fund her business without any other family members or partners involved, do it as a gift, and expect nothing back. 

Of course, with the OP only having 11 posts, maybe a better place for the post is in the In Your Face subforum, and we all can have a good laugh over a post that probably wasn't serious in the first place.

wow are U lucky, that they did not ask U to buy it for them

it is like all investments in thailand

farang buys thai make money because they do not pay U back 1 bht

next scenario U PAY THEM

THE MONEY MONEY IS SPEND ON WHAT EVER BUT NOT FOR BUYING A SHOP

BEEN THERE DONE THAT NEVER AGAIN

It would be best not to do it unless you want to make a gift to the brother-in-law. It is quite possible it is money going down the drain never to be recovered. The same with the bars.

jacko45k and crazykopite are correct. Pattaya and Jomtien are oversaturated with massage shope and few appear to have many customers.

8 minutes ago, geisha said:

How much per cent of the price does  a real masseuse get ? The one i go to always expects a big tip. 

It can range from 25% to 50% depending on how greedy the shop owner is. My wife was employed in one that paid 30% but now she is at a shop that pays 50%.

Tips are voluntary, my wife gets a tip from mainly Thai women with farang husbands for the massage that she gives and many re-book her for themselves and their farang husbands their massage, and she would normally get a 400baht tip from the couple plus 50% of the shop charge.

There are many that do not give tips and that is not only Thai women but many farangs do not give tips.

To the OP stay away from a massage business in Pattaya because there is too much trouble in that area for massage shops being linked to brothels and also most men in Pattaya expect extra from the massage girls even if it is a genuine massage shop.

Also do not trust the BIL

26 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

and she would normally get a 400baht tip from the couple

Curious how much the actual massage is? In Pattaya you can get a reasonable/good Thai (not oil) massage for 100-150 excluding tip so 200 baht tip each seems generous.

On 2/13/2018 at 12:21 PM, elviajero said:

No one can answer that without knowing the income/expenditure of the existing business and how much you’re paying.

I suggest, with a naive question like that, you should only invest money you’re prepared to lose. It’s very possible you’re not going to have a happy ending!

It's very likely..

Well it is a somewhat common old trick to ask the farang to pay "only 50%" of the business also ...when in fact you will be paying 100% or even more!!

They will be sure to pay themselves commission for selling you this business and leave some money out to buy themselves a few extra things, or pay some old debts ...be sure about that!!

The OP cannot own a 50% share in a Thai business. Unless he forms a proper company and is conducted in a legal way according to Thai law, then in-fact he is giving whatever he invests into the massage parlour to his wife and her brother as a gift.

My wife`s brother tried to convince me into becoming a sleeping partner for an Internet cafe. Not interested, but if the OP likes to gamble where the odds are with other people, then go ahead. I mean; what could possible go wrong?

3 hours ago, topt said:

Curious how much the actual massage is? In Pattaya you can get a reasonable/good Thai (not oil) massage for 100-150 excluding tip so 200 baht tip each seems generous.

Where to wife works a 1 hour Thai massage is 200baht so the wife gets 100baht for a 1 hour plus the majority of customers will give a 100baht tip. The couple that give the 400 baht tip both have 2 hour Thai massage so it cost then 800baht for the massage and then they give the wife a 400 baht tip.

The thing is that this massage shop is not in a tourist area where they have to put up with drunken idiots that try to get smart. The shop has a good clientele of mix farang married to Thai's, single Thai women and business men

31 minutes ago, geisha said:

So what is a decent tip for one hour ( real) massage that costs 500 B ?

My personal opinion is that it depends on how good a massage the girl gives because some girls are stronger and more solidly built so they give a deeper massage than others, so it depends on what you think.

There is no set rule in regards to giving a tip, if you like the massage then many people show their appreciation and give a tip, if you do not like the massage then you do not give a tip.

Archived