Buy existing Massage shop in Pattaya

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

Where to wife works a 1 hour Thai massage is 200baht so the wife gets 100baht for a 1 hour plus the majority of customers will give a 100baht tip. The couple that give the 400 baht tip both have 2 hour Thai massage so it cost then 800baht for the massage and then they give the wife a 400 baht tip.

The thing is that this massage shop is not in a tourist area where they have to put up with drunken idiots that try to get smart. The shop has a good clientele of mix farang married to Thai's, single Thai women and business men

I would not feel comfortable with my wife working in a massage parlour no matter how much she was earning an hour or where the shop was located and especially if she were servicing male customers. No, I wouldn`t like that at all.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would not feel comfortable with my wife working in a massage parlour no matter how much she was earning an hour or where the shop was located and especially if she were servicing male customers. No, I wouldn`t like that at all.
Plus if she was doing handys she'll unlikely tell you

10 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

A long times ago I said to my wife (baiting the trap), honey, you know I have money, now what can I invest into in Thailand to make money.

Her reply was; darling, you want to make 1 million baht in 6 months, you can open bar for 1.6 million baht, boom boom girls for 6 months and then sell bar for 1 million baht, only way you can make 1 million baht in Thailand, better you leave your money in your country and just boom boom girls when you want, no overheads, no eeeewectricity, no coluption money.

Smart girl my wife 555

Better chances of making 1 million baht in 6 months on the stock market, depending on how much you have to invest, to add, no partners, wife doesn't get to touch it and you control when to sell or just keep collecting the guaranteed returns.

And then the following morning,  you woke up from that dream..

3 hours ago, Russell17au said:

from the massage shop charges

1 hour Thai massage 200 baht wife gets 100 baht

sorry Russell, I was replying to the OP who said his wife wanted him to invest 50% into a massage shop.she cannot put in 50% of future sales, she must have the 50% upfront

Oh, he old Pee Chai comes out of the woodwork, I'd ask for ID, Birth Certificate and have them translated...........once you verify he is not her boy friend, or ex-husband, then still say NO, how about investing 33% each and share 33% each profit and operating cost................4 out of 10 Fahlung/GF/Family business deals fail, maybe more.

Dont get me wrong but there is only one way to look at it.

If you can afford the total write-off the moment you pay = go ahead. Make sure that you are not involved in anything (accounting etc.) nor that there is more money to follow in case the shop runs financially dry. 

Prepare for never hearing anything anymore; irrespective of how business goes (and it usually goes South as, like any other business, you need to understand the business, have a business plan etc.. As it is not the first enterprise in this category ........... otherwise look up "hair dressing" or "beauty saloon"! 

It will prevent any further attempt for investment proposals coming your way but has a  healing effect. In closing I repeat, you need to be able to write it off immediately without any hard feelings towards your wife and/or her brother. Above said, it has nothing to do with the possible well intended idea behind it but go figure how many massage places there are, how to get staff and how much it takes to cover the costs of the latter as well as the utility costs (forget the depreciation of investment and assets). Put all this against the income of a few hundred Baht per client - if you're lucky. 

On 2/14/2018 at 9:39 AM, hobobo said:

The OP never stated "My wife and her brother in law". If you have problems reading, do it slowly to get it right: it says My wife and brother in law. And there was no mention of partners, their respective shares, etc.

My wife and brother in law sounds like they would both be taking care of special parts of the business. 

The finances. ??

It would be nice to hear the numbers the OP is talking about.  

Can't make a business decision without the math.  

What is rent?

What % are each partner putting in?

How to share profit?

How much reserve?

Who will be manager?

Salary?

I learned that some shops pay gals 40% plus tips .  Yes they can get side work off site.  

I learned if the workers are late or want the day off it's 500 fine .

3000 fine and they can have a month off. 

Each gal get about 4 jobs a day. 500 baht.  Prices here are  300 for oil , 250 reg.   

They have shifts for sitting outside.

But as an owner your looking at 6-10 workers 50 customers a day @  150 there is some potential.

Why need bro in law?

On 14/02/2018 at 7:53 PM, scubascuba3 said:
On 14/02/2018 at 7:40 PM, cyberfarang said:

Plus if she was doing handys she'll unlikely tell you

You might be lucky if handys are all she's doing lol

On 2/14/2018 at 10:07 AM, elgenon said:

Yes, I would copy a winning shop in the building next door to it. Rarely would some one sell a winner. Someone is more likely to sell 49% than 50%. Why would a knowledgeable person sell 50% to a newbie? Asking for trouble.

After my favorite restaurant closed and a massage parlour opened I observed that there are lots of massage and ink parlours. I think you should open an ink joint that gives you a massage as you are getting the tat. Or vice versa. This is amazing idea for free. So what if the tat is a little blurry?

Spot on....no Thai will EVER sell a successful business or even part of it

Archived