Foreign manager of Koh Phangan hostel faces deportation for cannabis possession

webfact

Slaves calling on the slave-masters [police] to keep the other slaves in line so that they can feel better about being slaves :passifier:

When will people understand that the real mafia is the state ?

Charging someone because he had a plant in his room is just hilarious ... 

"Foreign manager of Koh Phangan hostel faces deportation for cannabis possession"

I wonder If he'd been British if the headline have read the same? Especially as the first line of the article specifies his nationality:-

A Lebanese man who is the manager of a guesthouse on Koh Phangan has been arrested for drug offences.

Edited by sambum

I cannot for the life of me understand how he has a B class visa &work permit to manage an unlicenced hotel. I bet some monies changed hands here

To have or deal in any illegal drug is a bit silly. He should have left that to the Thais & if customers asked just make a phone call

5 hours ago, Get Real said:

Good! Get rid of the junkie or pusher. What ever he might be. He break the law and should be deported or jailed. Gives more room for the real people that wants to do things the right way.

Alcohol is more dangerous than Ganga and kills more than any drug.

Deported for this is ridiculous. Usually takes 10,000 baht or so.

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It seems that someone with the right connections didn't want this Guest House competing with theirs !!

No Search Warrant was offered by the Police who simply circumnavigated the law and called up their Military colleagues to force the search... Surely this is not legal and any evidence found is also not legal/permissible?

Disappointed they found a little bit of Marijuana. In the absence of this damning evidence I wonder how long they would have searched until they found a Pack of Playing Cards or a Dart-board etc... something, anything....  

This does seem somewhat whiffy...  I wonder how many neighbouring Thai run companies openly selling this stuff?

As far as I am concerned ,Good bye to the scum. Go back to Lebanon. Who knows what else he was up too? End of story

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It seems that someone with the right connections didn't want this Guest House competing with theirs !!

No Search Warrant was offered by the Police who simply circumnavigated the law and called up their Military colleagues to force the search... Surely this is not legal and any evidence found is also not legal/permissible?

Disappointed they found a little bit of Marijuana. In the absence of this damning evidence I wonder how long they would have searched until they found a Pack of Playing Cards or a Dart-board etc... something, anything....  

This does seem somewhat whiffy...  I wonder how many neighbouring Thai run companies openly selling this stuff?

This is LEGAL this days!!! The military have now police rights!!!

There was a rule change in 03/2016 under Section 44:

Soldiers from the rank of sub-lieutenant up have been given police powers to summon, arrest and detain suspects by an order under Section 44 of the interimcharter. 

They are also authorised to conduct searches, seize assets, suspend financialtransactions and ban suspects from travelling. 

Soldiers can search any property they believe is linked to suspects or their assets. The searches can be conducted on individuals and vehicles. 

Searches can also be conducted without warrants when there are grounds to believe that suspects could flee before a warrant is obtained. 

All officers from the three armed services with the rank of sub-lieutenant and higher become crime suppression officers with lower ranks acting as assistants.

Edited by snowgard
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

hmmmm .....  seems like he stood on someone's toes ...  !!    :shock1:

You don't have to step on anyone's toes.. just being a farang operating a business is enough to get you moved-on!

Thais just can't stand any competition...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Get Real said:

Good! Get rid of the junkie or pusher. What ever he might be. He break the law and should be deported or jailed. Gives more room for the real people that wants to do things the right way.

fantastic post a man after my own heart.

6 hours ago, Get Real said:

Using junkie is insane. You do not seem to be okay with the fact that he's from Lebanon, right? Since when should "pushers' be deported or jailed? Who are the real people, you?

And that in a time where many countries legislated it because they found out that it's nothing that kills. Exactly the opposite.  Sad that you don't see the trees, standing in the middle of a forest. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, wavemanwww said:

As far as I am concerned ,Good bye to the scum. Go back to Lebanon. Who knows what else he was up too? End of story

Least you don't have any preconceived ideas about people! well done! Good to keep an open mind and always think well of people until they prove different :)

So people that sell legal drugs, are they "scum" also?

2 hours ago, SymS said:

Is that the standard practice for the police to call the military to search for business premises?
Why couldn't they do it themselves?

Good point I wondered also, maybe? the police need a search warrant, the military being the military and the "official rulers" of the Kingdom can do what the hell they want! ?

There's a bottomless pit of Yaba and Ice coming across the border from Myanmar, literally tons of it, and it's either creating or supplying thousands of addicts, yet the police seem more intent on busting someone with a miniscule quantity of a relatively harmless drug. TIT!

• Like 1