Looking for Private Thai Teacher

LydiaConners

I'm looking for private lessons from Thai language teacher. I need them to be private because I want it focused on situations that will arise in my business. And because I want it to be intensive. I can already speak some and read some, but I need to know more and fast. I live near Tesco Lotus Hang Dong.

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

Most Thai teachers can't speak business level English to translate for you. The Thai teachers I had even have trouble speaking in intermediate English.

Most people can find better Thai teachers, they are out there.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DonDoRondo said:

We are talking about business level English which means the Thai teacher must be very good in English. I have been to YMCA, AUA, Chiang Mai uni. All the teachers teach in Thai instead of English at higher levels.

These courses are more for beginner levels or lower intermediate non-Business level.

This is the guy who speaks perfect English who would be able to teach at higher levels using English as medium of instruction. But you have to go to Bangkok.

https://www.youtube.com/user/stujaystujay

2 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Teaching Thai with English as the medium of instruction?

Didn't they stop using that method for language instruction long ago?

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect

An immersive teaching approach is fine if you are not in a hurry but some instruction in your native language can speed the whole process up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Teaching Thai with English as the medium of instruction?

Didn't they stop using that method for language instruction long ago?

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect

That's because they aren't good enough to translate into English. I once asked my Thai teacher to translate a Thai sentence with strange grammar into English and she couldn't.

• Confused 2

That's because they aren't good enough to translate into English. I once asked my Thai teacher to translate a Thai sentence with strange grammar into English and she couldn't.

Absurd response making a generalization based on one of your experiences with one language. Teaching a foreign language without using the native language is widely the preferred method for good reasons which you apparently unable to understand.

Keep at it and someday you will reach the point where you no longer translate the Thai step by step into English and have the ability to think and respond in Thai without English interference. Then you are on the bus.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Absurd response making a generalization based on one of your experiences with one language. Teaching a foreign language without using the native language is widely the preferred method for good reasons which you apparently unable to understand.

Keep at it and someday you will reach the point where you no longer translate the Thai step by step into English and have the ability to think and respond in Thai without English interference. Then you are on the bus.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

There's room for both methods - why be so dogmatic? You don't approve of absurd generalisations yet you make them yourself.

Edited by Mark1066