Nongprue cop, 2 others jailed for rape, kidnapping, extortion

Rimmer

The victim claims she was in her Soi Bongkot apartment when Ratchanon and his two accomplices broke in and planted drugs. She said the Nongprue officer then told her she would be arrested if she did not pay him an unspecified amount of cash.

So they just choose the woman at random, who was unknown and a complete stranger to them, broke into her apartment and decided to extort her?

More to this story I think.

So if I move to Thailand, what's to stop the police from doing this to me because I'm a farang with money? Is anyone really safe in Thailand anymore? How can anyone sink their savings into a condo and risk having it taken away due to offending the wrong person or just because somebody else is greedy?

The only good news here is they did arrest the crooked cop, but if the poor woman hadn't been raped, would there have been any way to disprove the drugs charge and prevent her from being put away for years? I'm assuming the rape left some evidence and that is why the crooked cop wasn't just believed.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jerry921 said:

So if I move to Thailand, what's to stop the police from doing this to me because I'm a farang with money? Is anyone really safe in Thailand anymore? How can anyone sink their savings into a condo and risk having it taken away due to offending the wrong person or just because somebody else is greedy?

The only good news here is they did arrest the crooked cop, but if the poor woman hadn't been raped, would there have been any way to disprove the drugs charge and prevent her from being put away for years? I'm assuming the rape left some evidence and that is why the crooked cop wasn't just believed.

"So if I move to Thailand, what's to stop the police from doing this to me because I'm a farang with money? Is anyone really safe in Thailand anymore? How can anyone sink their savings into a condo and risk having it taken away due to offending the wrong person or just because somebody else is greedy?"

Yup-that just about sums it all up.

On 2/16/2018 at 2:04 PM, Jack Mountain said:

About time that a 'Duterte, Thaksin' style figure takes over to solve the corrupt 'police' 'men' question.

Yup. I hope they announce in advance so farangs get some time to pack bags & leave before forced to do so. Because that'd be one of the first things a bona fide dictator would do, a proper purge. Cops would probably get to stay.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Yup. I hope they announce in advance so farangs get some time to pack bags & leave before forced to do so. Because that'd be one of the first things a bona fide dictator would do, a proper purge. Cops would probably get to stay.

Indeed.

...and the cops would be particularly zealous in doing their loyal duty.

Moreover, half the "farangs" would also be equally busy denouncing the other half to the gov't.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, jerry921 said:

Thailand is probably safe, just keep your nose clean and don`t get involved with the wrong people.

On 2/17/2018 at 12:00 PM, cyberfarang said:

Thailand is probably safe, just keep your nose clean and don`t get involved with the wrong people.

That's more or less the same advice as "Just keep your head down", which is what one turkey said to another at the turkey farm two months before Thanksgiving.

On 2/18/2018 at 4:20 AM, mikebell said:

It is the Thai cop mentality that they think they are above the law.  I will be staggered if true justice is served and the perps do real time.

So far all indications are ,with a few well publicized exceptions, that the Thai police are above the law. They count on it and exploit the fact on a regular basis.