36 year old UK man, considering life's options. How difficult is it to find a genuine Thai woman? Are the woman on these marriage/introduction sites actaully legit?

ExistentialInquiry

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:09 AM, The manic said:

Philippine Girls have less character and seem devoid of any natural culture.

Know a lot of Philippinas do you?

I worked with plenty and the only thing needed to know is that they are friendly, speak excellent English and work hard.

However, they want children too much for me to ever have married one.

18 hours ago, TalayJai said:

How i can find a good farang man not a buffalo farang man. Seriously!

Well, one could ask a receptionist at a language school who the butterflies are and who is married/single.

Find an excuse to speak to farang in Thai and see if they understand you.  A farang who speaks no Thai is probably a buffalo.

Once dating, have a pretty friend try to pick him up while waiting to meet you somewhere and see if he goes for it.

Does he know the song ประตูใจ ?  Does he know who สมรักษ์ คำสิงห์ is? เกศรินทร์ ชัยเฉลิมพล?

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

filipinas or pinay

They also tend to be devout.

Thai or Pinay, a temper may come with the package.  A gift of an iphone loaded with spyware may be a wise precaution before marrying either.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, gunghang said:

filipinas or pinay

They also tend to be devout.

Thai or Pinay, a temper may come with the package.  A gift of an iphone loaded with spyware may be a wise precaution before marrying either.

Actually, I never knew a Philippino, male or female with a temper, bar one that married a friend of mine, and she had a doozey of one.

However, my Thai wife had the worst temper of anyone I ever knew, but only after we got married and too late to back out.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thai wife had the worst temper of anyone I ever knew, but only after we got married and too late to back out.

Yes, after about two months of marriage their true nature is revealed.

• Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:20 AM, Cranky said:

Why do you want a Thai?

Japan, Philippines, Indonesia offer far more likelihood of finding a 'genuine' missis.

Too expensive, want babies, not exactly a "popular" place to find a wife ( far as I know ) and that would be for a reason.

Women wherever they are from all come with the usual confusing genes, and no man will ever understand them.

If I could go back to before I met my ex, I'd still be renting, financial and happy, in LOS.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Mine was very good at hiding hers for the year we lived together. Looking back, the long con plan was to wait till we got married, then move to the village where I would be the sole source of income.

Unfortunately for her, the family were so obnoxious that I wouldn't stay there, so we moved to Chiang Mai where we were happy enough ( far away from the family ), till the evil nephew started college and started dropping in every weekend. That was the beginning of the end, as she would never go against his right to ruin my life. The final straw was when the rest of the family decided to move in permanently. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Too expensive, want babies, not exactly a "popular" place to find a wife ( far as I know ) and that would be for a reason.

Women wherever they are from all come with the usual confusing genes, and no man will ever understand them.

If I could go back to before I met my ex, I'd still be renting, financial and happy, in LOS.

words..

just want to add.

Indonesia

add : you might need to convert if you married to a Moslem woman, having the same tradition as Sin Sod,Food, etc... attached to her family like most of Asian culture, most Indonesian see Farangs/ Bule as Thai woman ( better life and expect to have big reception to your wedding )... i date many Indonesian woman but if i have to choose i would rather marry my Thai GF and happy in LOS too ..i deff loose my appetite on Indonesian woman :(

Philipines- never interested n  Pinay girls as wife, just for sex is Ok ,but not for Long Term relationship,

Japanese: My cousin married a Japanese,  they met in Australia and now living in Japan.No big ceremony, maybe because of Japan minimalism culture..but yes my cousin have to loose his job in Sydney because his wife family asking him to stay in Japan for good.

like most of Asian Culture ,your wife family taking a major part on your life..it's Take it or leave it/ bite the bullet

Edited by NonthaburiBear

4 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Women wherever they are from all come with the usual confusing genes,

Girlfriends , never wives.

I hear lots if men say the glory days of Thailand are past, it's in Vietnam young man!   And some argue that Philippines is better.  my first SEAsia trip for scuba was in Thailand .  I didn't find the quality diving I expected but the women are interesting.   I'm sure there are plenty of women to choose from in Thailand.  To many in fact.  It would be stupid to add in a couple more countries.   

Falling in love is good but there are some practical things to consider.  This may depend on the man's age and financial picture.   A woman's financial debt must be considered.  I have found many women in the 40-50 age range can have considerable debt.  I think this is why many are on dating sites.   In fact their only hope to not have to work till age 65 is to find a foreign man.  So ask about debt very early on in a courtship.   She may not be honest but figuring out this is important.  Thai personal debt is  very high.  

https://asia.nikkei.com/Features/FT-Confidential-Research/Thai-households-still-suffer-debt-hangover?n_cid=NARAN1507

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Very good point..why Thailand? I did marry a Thai girl but having worked in Fils, Indonesia and Vietnam my wife queried me as to why I wanted to marry her and not just hook up with a Girl from where I was working. My answer was pretty simple, I was in love with my wife, it wasn't about her nationality, it was about her. In other words don't come to Thailand looking for a Thai bride, find someone you genuinely love, ethnicity won't determine your success, but genuine feelings will.

At least in Thailand chances are you'll get cheated politely,  in Phils you'll be lucky to not to be mugged at gunpoint.

The plan I've actually settled on:

1. Moving to Hong Kong to do PT.

2. En route to HK, going on holiday to Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand. Will see my Thai friend and play it by ear.

3. Thailand is an easy flight away from HK.

4. Put any hasty thoughts of worrying about marriage etc. on backburner. If there is a special woman out there for me, great... No hurry.

5. Also going to do a TEFL qualification as a backup, so if all else fails, I'll just bum around SE Asia teaching English and have a good time. Sure beats 9-5 in a crappy paper pushing job here in UK.

23 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Try marrying Nong Natt if you are not a German elderly millionaire.

I've seen a couple of her videos.  She's not in the same league of some JAV stars. I also have gotten the idea that she's very very vain.

Good luck to the OP. It can work out, but like every where, not every time. If working in SE asia you need to research visas and work permits, cannot just turn up as a tourist and start looking for a job - well you could, but you need to know what you require to be legal. In Thailand many occupations are reserved (theoretically) for Thais.

Dating websites do work (well they did 10 years ago). I just signed up, loaded a picture and waited for the replies to flow in. Then comes the hard part, filtering. Pick only those with a reasonable level of English, and who write more than 2 lines. But this you are already doing, i guess. Also once in Thailand you are under constant appraisal and will get offers from local girls if you mix with the locals a bit. That's how i met my wife.

Not all retired pensioners are 'buffalos' who marry a bargirl. In fact most i know are not married to bargirls. Once they are over 30 Thai girls are considered as past their best by Thai men and also are more realistic about their options. having a pension at least means a guaranteed income, and farang have a reputation of being more considerate than Thai men. But as they say, never invest in Thailand more than you can afford to loose. But take it slow, you can always wait until you are about 60 and still find a good life and family, I did. But you do need an income and savings, it always costs you more than you expect.

Edited by rickudon
add more info

20 hours ago, Kimber said:

Yep, I've had a number of live-in TG gfs and regretted it every time around.

I came to the conclusion that at my time in life, I'm only good at 3 day relationships.  555

that long?........the relationship is all over for me after I ejaculate

On 26/02/2018 at 12:30 PM, Kimber said:

At least in Thailand chances are you'll get cheated politely,  in Phils you'll be lucky to not to be mugged at gunpoint.

Hahaha funny, but to be honest i never had any dramas there. My brothers are both married and living there. I used to run all over the city at nite when i worked in Manila and i never had anything but kindness thrown my way.

• Like 1

On 27/02/2018 at 3:02 AM, ExistentialInquiry said:

The plan I've actually settled on:

1. Moving to Hong Kong to do PT.

2. En route to HK, going on holiday to Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand. Will see my Thai friend and play it by ear.

3. Thailand is an easy flight away from HK.

4. Put any hasty thoughts of worrying about marriage etc. on backburner. If there is a special woman out there for me, great... No hurry.

5. Also going to do a TEFL qualification as a backup, so if all else fails, I'll just bum around SE Asia teaching English and have a good time. Sure beats 9-5 in a crappy paper pushing job here in UK.

I like HK, but i assume you are cashed up, HK isnt cheap.

24 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Hahaha funny, but to be honest i never had any dramas there. My brothers are both married and living there. I used to run all over the city at nite when i worked in Manila and i never had anything but kindness thrown my way.

#MeToo

Everyone in the Barrio was very polite to me at night as they sit outside drinking beer all night.

"Good Morning Sir, enjoy your stay" .... etc.

36 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

#MeToo

Everyone in the Barrio was very polite to me at night as they sit outside drinking beer all night.

"Good Morning Sir, enjoy your stay" .... etc.

Exactly, pretty chilled place. Paranoid people find trouble wherever they go. I met a lot of people, all relaxed 

• Like 1

On 22/02/2018 at 6:30 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I worked with plenty and the only thing needed to know is that they are friendly, speak excellent English and work hard.

However, they want children too much for me to ever have married one.

I have been working with phillipinos/as. for decades .They seem to have no music, fabrics, rituals, culture, fashion etc which make them different . I am aware some speak american English but they not only have no personal cultural depth or personality they don't have much world awareness.  The have none of the energy, eccentricity or energy of Thai girls. When I worked abroad with them you knew when you we're in Thai house by the style, decor and, artifacts around and the food in the house but the same could not be said of the Philippino households. Basically western. 

• Haha 1