Suvarnabhumi airport to receive 200,000 air passengers tomorrow

rooster59

4 hours ago, adammike said:

Schipol has  warned of long waits during summer holiday peaks 

allow three hours to get checked in through passport control and security exactly as the thai authorities have done,they are going to train unarmed police to man passport control!!! you might want to have a go at the Chinese it's them leaving that will mess it up,read a story of a Chinese women climbing into a x-ray machine because she did not want to leave her ? for a second.

LHR is a nightmare

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

As far as immigration procedures concerns, Thailand in that regard still stuck in the 19th

century and acting like one of those derided communist countries where a stern looking

official is looking closely at you and your travel documents and permits and than if all

well put that ink chop in your passport, for a country that take in dozens of millions

of tourists and other travelers a year, surly a better system is well overdue,

having said that, and if a new system will be introduced, what will be become of

the many thousand of the immigrations personals?....

Back to the rice fields where they belong.... 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mikebell said:

When, after a two hour wait to clear Immigration, many will be going into Bangkok.  It took me three hours to get from BKK to downtown because of the horrendous traffic jams shortly after leaving the airport which continued right into the city centre.  You are charged three times to use toll roads which should give you trouble-free motoring but crawls (if you're lucky.)  Then you hit the smog!

It will be a long time before I go again; they say it will take 11 years for the air quality to become safe by which time I will be 86!

These days I just use the Airport Rail Link, to avoid exactly this.  Takes at most 60 minutes to my apartment in the Chidlom area and it's more comfortable than sitting in a taxi with too low roof.  Best of all, no traffic jams.

Edited by ChidlomDweller
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Whatever  happens,  glad I  will  not  be  there.

Quite. I have no quarrel with the Chinese, but I do have a problem with a packed-to-the-gills Suvarnabhumi. It's a bloody nightmare if you arrive at the wrong time.

Came through departures at 11, Check in 5 minutes, straight through security and about 50 minutes for passport control. Not good but not as bad as feared but still 4 out of 10 passport control booths empty. Busiest day in the history of this airport and working at only 60% capacity.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, johnsnapo said:

Came through departures at 11, Check in 5 minutes, straight through security and about 50 minutes for passport control. Not good but not as bad as feared but still 4 out of 10 passport control booths empty. Busiest day in the history of this airport and working at only 60% capacity.

50 minutes just to leave is pretty piss poor. So much for Thailand 4.0.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2018 at 1:12 AM, dddave said:

Just more knee-jerk Thai bashing with zero basis in fact.

Returned from Frankfurt 2 days ago, A380 without an empty seat.  All 3 immigration areas were well staffed and despite hoards of passengers coming in from both ends, I was stamped through Immigration in 10 minutes which, BTW, is ten minutes less than I had to wait in queue at Frankfurt Immigration a few days before.

Yes, those Germans cant organise anything.   :biggrin:

• Sad 1