Rentals in Chiang Rai and Mae Hong Son

myauq

Hello fellow Thaiforumers,

I traveled to northern Thailand for the first time last year - and I absolutely loved it!

I was thinking of going back there to focus on a few writing / editing projects I've had on the back-burner.  My questions are as follows:

- Is it possible to rent out a decent / though not too flashy apartment in Mae Hong Son or Chiang Rai?

- How much would an apartment cost to rent in this neck of the woods?

- Requirements would need to be - clean, electricity, fridge, basic furniture and reliable wifi.

- And, would I be able to buy a decent motorbike - say, 400cc?  I have an open motorbike license from Australia.

Any advice for going digital nomad (outside of CM, that is) would be appreciated.

M

Edited by myauq

If I were you I would rent a big bike in Chiang Mai (Many places on east side of moat)... for a month and then go live in Pai... You can find nice places for a month on AirBnB... Pai is a nice mix of countryside with close proximity to western resources and nomads such as yourself...

I wasn't too keen on Pai..  I enjoy local communities a little more than the expat pub/drug/nightclub thing, though I'm not adverse to mingling with the expats every so often.

I like the idea of the bike rental.  Any idea how much one would cost for a month?