Briton, 67, arrested for robbery at luxury Bangkok hotel

webfact

7 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Before it was the quality Brit tourist causing the problems 

now we are reading about the tales of Brit residents who

have no money insurance and now robbing people

what next ?

And you are from which wonderful, gilt edged, perfect country, may I ask? I see criminalelaements on this site from almost every country in the world - including yours no doubt!

• Like 1

So what happened to all the "hang'em high" bluster that usually comes from the drunken Brits in the bar stool chorus? Getting a little too close to home is it? That is not only robbery but assault, breaking and entering, bank fraud and I'm sure the police can come up with a few other offerings.

2 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Nice man hope you get nice time in monkey house and get ban from Thailand and what about his wife do she want he doing or maybe help him?? 

What an accusation to make without any facts or knowledge to back it up. If I were she youl'd be getting a letter from my lawyer.

5 hours ago, OJAS said:

Hmm, would not surprise me in the slightest to learn that the British Embassy were bending over backwards to provide Lane with all the "consular assistance" he may need, while leaving his British victim entirely to his own devices.

I dont see why the British embassy would need to get involved with this .

What would you expect the B.E. to do ?

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

You mean as opposed to the German gentleman arrested for sexual relations with a pimped 15 year old; or the American gentlemen and Ladies done for graffiti and showing their butts off at a temple; or the American gentlemen who beat and stomped an Australian to death; or all those gentlemen Aussie bikers???

Crime, criminals, and scumbags aren't restricted to any nationality(s) but reports here always draw out the bigots, biased and racists.

I give the perspirator high marks for his choice of Brit on Brit crime. But while I am at it, I think the yanks are likely the true villians here. If they'd never left the old country 250 years ago, this would never have happened.

Edited by Whitestarschool

1 hour ago, Argus Tuft said:

Made him drink something?  I'd be kicking a storm up by this stage, no way I am going to be forced to drink something.

Something not quite right about this story.  Was he armed or did he have a weapon?  How exactly did he manage to get the guy's hands tied and a mask put over him so easily without a ruckus alerting anyone in nearby rooms.

Not buying the story as it stands.  Will wait another day to see the updated version!

Tied up kinky sex gone wrong?

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Police believe Lane might also be responsible for robbing several other elderly tourists at luxury hotels in the Lumpini and Thonglor areas.

A 67-year old Brit robbing other elderly Brits at luxury hotels in Bangkok... Those ITV reality shows are not getting any better! (No, seriously, one couldn't invent such stories!) :smile:

5 hours ago, OJAS said:

Hmm, would not surprise me in the slightest to learn that the British Embassy were bending over backwards to provide Lane with all the "consular assistance" he may need, while leaving his British victim entirely to his own devices.

What exactly were you expecting?

Image result for batman and robin trotter

5 hours ago, OJAS said:

The British Consular  "service"  provided for British subjects is totally rotten and involved in any and all manner of organised crime;  all of which I'm aware of being focused against those very subjects' best interests.

That area of BK is where they're based.

I fear that this point is well made,  whilst I'm glad it was made as I'd not've thought to put the two constants together,  i.e.:
1.  thieves don't just do their thing one time then not again  (usually);  and,
2.  to do this under the noses of CCTV would indicate that he knows he'll get away with it,
therefore,  it would seem that this crime's discovery was a catalogue of errors which somehow crept past the complicit beneficiaries without their realization.

5 hours ago, OJAS said:

there is no british embassy!