Briton, 67, arrested for robbery at luxury Bangkok hotel

webfact

Well when I am abroad and I meet another Brit, I do tend to take them at face value.  In fact I take most people at face value unless warning lights start to flash.  We don't know how plausible this character was initially but unlike most conmen he didn't bother with any niceties once he got his victim in the hotel room.

3 hours ago, kensisaket said:

You are not going to win a discussion/argument with someone who's online handle is "Just Weird".

Especially that guy. I had a run in with him before and I noticed he's still at it. He knit picks everything people say. Just watch although he is mistaken in this case I bet he still has the last word. Hahahaha

Den

7 hours ago, missoura said:

Sadly, wisdom does not always come with age.

Agree, with so long experience it is expected that he should have managed to perform such a crime without being caught...:coffee1:

13 minutes ago, cgphuket said:

Came to Thailand at 27 and lived here 40 years?  Maybe his parents finally dies and his allowance stopped coming.

There are some indications of that his allowans has already been stopped...:coffee1:

give him an incorrect PIN number.  After a few failed attempts the account/card is blocked.  Of course that may piss off the crook.  It is better to just not keep too much money in that account and just transfer funds into it as needed.  For example I use Etrade.  I have a checking account with a debit card and a savings account that does not have a card.    I can transfer money from the savings account to the checking/debit account online or by phone instantaneously. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nsimmons said:

He means the purpetrator/criminal/drugger!

They say there are very few criminals over 65yo, most have learned 
that crime is uncool/unprofitable/bad karma by then. Slow learner? You are on video almost always here.

NS

Only when they want you to be

• Like 1

Why didn't he just go home and live off the generous welfare Britons are so fond of bragging about? Even in the States after age 66 you get up to $2000-2500 a month in social security (if you've paid into the system long enough) plus full medical care at private hospitals and doc visits for a nominal premium of $180/mo or so. Need to be a petty robber in Thailand?

Edited by Dustdevil

11 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

If old habits die hard, I wonder what other secrets lurk in his past ..... 

40 years in Thailand, Chon Buri area at that, if they dig deep, they will find he was involved in  a lot more than petty theft of a tourist...........or, or, or, he is being set up by the tourist that got ripped off by a bar girl, no matter I am sure he has insurance and will rip off the insurance company wi ath hefty claim...............just sayin.