Savannakhet Multi-Non O.

Hi,

I'm in Savannakhet, just got back to my hotel from the Thai consulate. Applied for a multiple entry non O but only received a single entry valid for three months. The reason they told me was because I did not have the original of my marriage certificate, only a copy. Apparrently people have been providing fake documents there. Weird because their website does not detail this and also if I WAS supplying a fake, they shouldn't be issuing me with a visa at all. Hey ho, back to collect my passport tomorrow then back here in three months. Just letting you know guys.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

BTW.. Download the application forms from the Internet, also the application form for the Laos Visa, saves so much time having all the forms filled in with the photos attached. Also get an extra TM 6 ( arrival/departure card ) for your next 90 day board hop, that sames time also :) 

Edited by martin501

On 2/13/2018 at 2:37 PM, ubonjoe said:

Thay do not ask for financial proof to apply for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet. No need for a bank statement..

22 hours ago, Happy enough said:

you have to have the original, you're lucky they even gave you a single

You're right I am lucky upon reflection. Well I haven't got my passport back yet, have to pick it up in a couple of hours so it ain't a done deal until then I suppose. Live and learn.

1 hour ago, Scoobydoo1 said:

You're right I am lucky upon reflection. Well I haven't got my passport back yet, have to pick it up in a couple of hours so it ain't a done deal until then I suppose. Live and learn.

I would think they'll give you the visa otherwise they would have said when you put the docs in. they're a friendly bunch up there

Yeh original cert is all they fussy about, not sure why as you can get them easy enough with any ones name, could be married to yingluck if you wanted lol .

Is apparently a online check service for the cert number but I never see anyone checking that .

Nice of them give you that really, required docs are clearly known for savan .

Just now, BuckBee said:

Yeh original cert is all they fussy about, not sure why as you can get them easy enough with any ones name, could be married to yingluck if you wanted lol .

Is apparently a online check service for the cert number but I never see anyone checking that .

Nice of them give you that really, required docs are clearly known for savan .

sure about that? cert number. i use an english marriage certificate and fairly sure the thais can't check that. although i could be wrong

foreign marriage cert would be issue but ideally they should get them approved via embassy or similar .

With harder visa options more abuse of the marriage option will/is happening and that going give you guys using the non-o marraige more ballache down the road .

Just now, BuckBee said:

foreign marriage cert would be issue but ideally they should get them approved via embassy or similar .

With harder visa options more abuse of the marriage option will/is happening and that going give you guys using the non-o marraige more ballache down the road .

they don't need to be approved. they look at it and issue the visa. us guys using a visa that works for us is no problem. if they change the rules then i'll extend at CW. hate that place so avoid it like the plague ; )

46 minutes ago, BuckBee said:

Where would you be able to get that marriage certificate? I can assure you an Amphoe would not issue it.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2018 at 7:43 AM, BuckBee said:

there are ways through corrupt means to get all sorts of stuff here. i would strongly suggest not going down that route as it will catch with who ever decides to and they'll end up in the slammer, which is not a good place to be. you need to be honest with immo/police here or they will lock you up. that's a fact mate

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Where would you be able to get that marriage certificate? I can assure you an Amphoe would not issue it.

It's only printed on a normal bit of 'quality' paper with an inkjet printer.

About 5 minutes in photoshop to knock one up if you really wanted.

On 2/19/2018 at 1:23 PM, Happy enough said:

you have to have the original, you're lucky they even gave you a single

Last time I went, the guy in front didn't have his original, they bitched and moaned for about a minute, then said don't forget it next year before taking his 5k.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Last time I went, the guy in front didn't have his original, they bitched and moaned for about a minute, then said don't forget it next year before taking his 5k.

they are a friendly bunch. one of the girls is hot too

**don't tell the wife i said that 55

Edited by Happy enough
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

then if checked which they do from time to time. you're looking at prison mate. fck that

As far as I know the Thai consulate staff in Laos have no right of arrest.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

5 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

It's only printed on a normal bit of 'quality' paper with an inkjet printer.

Looking at mine it was certainly not printed on a inkjet printer. Plus it has a 9 digit serial number on it. Plus a couple of large stamps.

Certainly not as easy as you imply.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
7 minutes ago, stoicccc said:

Is there any other consulate that issues ME NON-O based on marriage without financial proof?

The majority of the embassies and consulates in the world will issue one without financial proof.

Nearby the consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam will issue one without financial proof.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at the Ho Chi Minh requirement for Non-O for Thai Spouse...

They need "Certified copy of Thai spouse’s ID card", what does certified in this context mean? I assume just need to take a photo copy and her sign it.

Also, "Guarantee letter wrritten in Thai from Thai spouse", what should be included in this letter? Does it matter if it's hand-written or typed on computer? 

Just wanna make sure I do it 100% correct, I've done too many silly things with these things before.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, stoicccc said:

Looking at the Ho Chi Minh requirement for Non-O for Thai Spouse...

They need "Certified copy of Thai spouse’s ID card", what does certified in this context mean? I assume just need to take a photo copy and her sign it.

Also, "Guarantee letter wrritten in Thai from Thai spouse", what should be included in this letter? Does it matter if it's hand-written or typed on computer? 

Just wanna make sure I do it 100% correct, I've done too many silly things with these things before.

Thanks.

Photocopy of her ID card signed by her and a hand written letter requesting the visa from her and signed 

• Like 1