Visa Service

9 minutes ago, jackdd said:

It seems you also need the original ID card and a singed copy of the owner to update the Tabian Baan (of course you can also just ask the owner to go together with you)

You need the head of household (aka house master) shown in the tabian bann permission to be registered in it. A person can be head of household without being the owner.

Edit: If I recall correctly there is also a form that has to completed by head of household.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jackdd said:

All you have to do is to ask the owner of the condo to give the Tabian Baan to your wife, then she goes to the Amphoe with the Tabian Baan and the rental contract and get's her name in the Tabian Baan.

And if the Condo owner is a foreigner............?

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You need the head of household (aka house master) shown in the tabian bann permission to be registered in it. A person can be head of household without being the owner.

Edit: If I recall correctly there is also a form that has to completed by head of household.

Absolutely correct Joe.

Theoretically you need the consent and co-operation of all parties concerned.

Edited by Tanoshi

12 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The foreigner bought the Condo as an investment to rent out, he lives in the US.

Next suggestion ..........

This doesn't change anything? You still need the same stuff

And in your theoretical case there should be a management company or something like that, who should then be registered as the House Master, as UbonJoe mentioned already, and is thus able to give the required ID card / signature.

32 minutes ago, jackdd said:

This doesn't change anything? You still need the same stuff

And in your theoretical case there should be a management company or something like that, who should then be registered as the House Master, as UbonJoe mentioned already, and is thus able to give the required ID card / signature.

It's not happening in the real world Jack.

Far to many complications for the foreign Condo owner.

I just checked what the law says, it's a bit difficult because it seems that nobody translated the whole law to english, because it's only relevant to Thais, so i don't know if i understood it 100% correctly, anybody who is able to understand laws in Thai better than me is free to correct me (The law is called พระราชบัญญัติ  การทะเบียนราษฎร)

It says something like: When somebody moves in at your home you have to inform the Amphoe within 15 days, if you fail to do so you can be fined 1000THB. I assume that notifying the Amphoe about somebody moving in at your place would also mean that they update the Tabian Baan.

As i said, normally nobody cares about this, but if i would need the Tabian Baan for my Visa and the owner refuses to move his ass, i would inform the Amphoe / Police about it which would then fine him, and i wouldn't care if he is oversees or not, that's obviously his problem.

Edited by jackdd

7 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I just checked what the law says, it's a bit difficult because it seems that nobody translated the whole law to english, because it's only relevant to Thais, so i don't know if i understood it 100% correctly, anybody who is able to understand laws in Thai better than me is free to correct me (The law is called พระราชบัญญัติ  การทะเบียนราษฎร)

It says something like: When somebody moves in at your home you have to inform the Amphoe within 15 days, if you fail to do so you can be fined 1000THB. I assume that notifying the Amphoe about somebody moving in at your place would also mean that they update the Tabian Baan.

As i said, normally nobody cares about this, but if i would need the Tabian Baan for my Visa and the owner refuses to move his ass, i would inform the Amphoe / Police about it which would then fine him, and i wouldn't care if he is oversees or not, that's obviously his problem.

Your misinterpreting the law.

If a Thai removes themselves from a Tabien Baan, they must register on a new one within 15 days or face penalties for late filing.

When a Thai has a child, they have x days to add the child to a Tabien Baan or face fines.

Registration of Thais in a Blue book is merely a running census of the population.

There inclusion in a blue book does not mean they own the house, nor that they actual live there.

25 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Getting back on topic.

The OP needs a copy of his wife's Tabien Baan in order to obtain an extension based on marriage.

His wife's recourse, if her brother continues to be defiant, is to either obtain copies from the Amphoe where the TB was issued, or to notify Immigration of the problem. I know someone who had a similar problem when the landlord refused to supply a copy of his TB and ID card.

Immigration were extremely helpful, contacted the landlord and read him the riot act. It worked.

35 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Your misinterpreting the law.

If a Thai removes themselves from a Tabien Baan, they must register on a new one within 15 days or face penalties for late filing.

When a Thai has a child, they have x days to add the child to a Tabien Baan or face fines.

Registration of Thais in a Blue book is merely a running census of the population.

There inclusion in a blue book does not mean they own the house, nor that they actual live there.

I was referring to this:

มาตรา ๓๐  ให้เจ้าบ้านแจ้งการย้ายที่อยู่ต่อนายทะเบียนผู้รับแจ้ง ดังต่อไปนี้

(๒) เมื่อมีผู้ย้ายที่อยู่เข้าอยู่ในบ้าน ให้แจ้งการย้ายเข้าภายในสิบห้าวัน นับแต่วันที่ย้ายเข้าอยู่ในบ้าน

Which imho says the home owner / house master has to notify (ให้เจ้าบ้านแจ้ง) when somebody moves in (เมื่อมีผู้ย้ายที่อยู่เข้าอยู่ในบ้าน).

21 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I was referring to this:

(๒) เมื่อมีผู้ย้ายที่อยู่เข้าอยู่ในบ้าน ให้แจ้งการย้ายเข้าภายในสิบห้าวัน นับแต่วันที่ย้ายเข้าอยู่ในบ้าน

Which imho says the home owner / house master has to notify (ให้เจ้าบ้านแจ้ง) when somebody moves in (เมื่อมีผู้ย้ายที่อยู่เข้าอยู่ในบ้าน).

Why don't they have to notify someone when they move out as well? The whole system seems crazy to me and open to abuse. We just kicked 2 people off our tabian baan who have not lived here for at least 8 years and they started bleating about it as it caused them problems.

23 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I was referring to this:

As I quoted in post 14 Jack.

That refers to the procedure for a Thai to follow if they want to change their registered address.

They firstly have to be removed from the existing Tabien Baan in which their registered. They then have a 15 day period to register on a different Tabien Baan, or face a fine for late filing.

Unlike foreigners, Thais are not enforced to notify their actual place of residence. As long as they are registered in a TB somewhere.

7 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

Why don't they have to notify someone when they move out as well? The whole system seems crazy to me and open to abuse. We just kicked 2 people off our tabian baan who have not lived here for at least 8 years and they started bleating about it as it caused them problems.

Because they don't have to!

The house registration system is a running census of population.

A Blue book is assigned to a house.

There may be 20 million private residences in Thailand but a population of 80 million.

Quite often family members who live and are registered in a family book in xxxxxx may move to Bangkok for work opportunities.

They rent accommodation, they have no family or friends in Bangkok.

Their landlord/ home owner is hardly likely to agree tenants be registered on their book.

Multiple this example by millions of Thai renters who do not possess  a TB and have to register on someone who is a home owner and does possess a TB.

It's to a Thais advantage to be registered within the Province their living, but not always possible unless someone in another Province is willing to allow them to be registered in their book. 

58 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

Actually the law also covers this (again, my translation, might be wrong, but i think it's about right or i wouldn't post it)

(๑) เมื่อผู้อยู่ในบ้านย้ายที่อยู่ออกจากบ้าน ให้แจ้งการย้ายออกภายในสิบห้าวันนับแต่วันที่ผู้อยู่ในบ้านย้ายออก

The home owner / house master has to notify (ให้เจ้าบ้านแจ้ง) (that's the same first part as the other one, it's the start of this section, but this time it's subsection 1 instead of 2)

When somebody moves out (เมื่อผู้อยู่ในบ้านย้ายที่อยู่ออกจากบ้าน) within 15 days.

The fine of up to 1000THB also applies here, so you (or your wife) could have been fined up to 1000THB for not doing so.

A bit further down in this section it says that you have to provide evidence that the person moved out (whatever that means) or if it's been more than 180 days ago and you don't know where the person moved the person can be removed just like that.

52 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

As I quoted in post 14 Jack.

That refers to the procedure for a Thai to follow if they want to change their registered address.

They firstly have to be removed from the existing Tabien Baan in which their registered. They then have a 15 day period to register on a different Tabien Baan, or face a fine for late filing.

Unlike foreigners, Thais are not enforced to notify their actual place of residence. As long as they are registered in a TB somewhere.

You didn't quote any part of the law, you just made a statement, which is imho wrong (As i said, feel free to correct me, but by quoting the law, not just by writing something that you think)

So can you quote the section of the law that states they only have to do so if they want to? (Doesn't make any sense, because they say "within 15 days" and that you can even be fined if you don't do it)

12 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Actually the law also covers this (again, my translation, might be wrong, but i think it's about right or i wouldn't post it)

(๑) เมื่อผู้อยู่ในบ้านย้ายที่อยู่ออกจากบ้าน ให้แจ้งการย้ายออกภายในสิบห้าวันนับแต่วันที่ผู้อยู่ในบ้านย้ายออก

The home owner / house master has to notify (ให้เจ้าบ้านแจ้ง) (that's the same first part as the other one, it's the start of this section, but this time it's subsection 1 instead of 2)

When somebody moves out (เมื่อผู้อยู่ในบ้านย้ายที่อยู่ออกจากบ้าน) within 15 days.

The fine of up to 1000THB also applies here, so you (or your wife) could have been fined up to 1000THB for not doing so.

A bit further down in this section it says that you have to provide evidence that the person moved out (whatever that means) or if it's been more than 180 days ago and you don't know where the person moved the person can be removed just like that.

You didn't quote any part of the law, you just made a statement, which is imho wrong (As i said, feel free to correct me, but by quoting the law, not just by writing something that you think)

So can you quote the section of the law that states they only have to do so if they want to? (Doesn't make any sense, because they say "within 15 days" and that you can even be fined if you don't do it)

Yes, I agree with your translation but that's not how they deal with it at the Amphur or whatever you want to call it. They actually thought my wife was being a little heartless and didn't want to comply with her request to remove them. I don't think she could have been fined though as she only bought the house 4 years ago and they moved out 8-9 years ago. She also told them six months ago to sort it out and they didn't. A rather nasty family who have lots of outstanding debts that they are obviously trying to evade.

17 minutes ago, jackdd said:

No, I read it in English (translated)

It's the DOPA (Department of Provincial Administration) guidance for Thais to follow in order to change their address from one TB to another.

That's as an in a permanent change, not to somewhere they rent.

To move the address

• Print

Details

To inform ...

Main criteria
When people move into their homes, a move into the home notified within fifteen days from the date of moving into their homes.

The system causes lots of complications for Thais.

As in Mark1066 case above. His wife bought a house that Thais were previously registered as living.

The house may have been repossessed, they moved into rented accommodation, but by law have to be registered in a TB.

If they have no family or friends locally who are prepared to allow them on their book, then they have little choice to stay on the existing book.

Thailand's provinces are like autonomous regions. You can only obtain free or subsidised services, 30 baht scheme, schools, social service benefits within the Province your address is registered. If the Thais who have now been forcibly removed from Mark's wife TB and have been forced to register on another family members TB in a different Province, then that can cause them numerous problems.

This is really a separate topic.

8 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

No, I read it in English (translated)

It's the DOPA (Department of Provincial Administration) guidance for Thais to follow in order to change their address from one TB to another.

That's as an in a permanent change, not to somewhere they rent.

To move the address

• Print

Details

To inform ...

Main criteria
When people move into their homes, a move into the home notified within fifteen days from the date of moving into their homes.

The system causes lots of complications for Thais.

As in Mark1066 case above. His wife bought a house that Thais were previously registered as living.

The house may have been repossessed, they moved into rented accommodation, but by law have to be registered in a TB.

If they have no family or friends locally who are prepared to allow them on their book, then they have little choice to stay on the existing book.

Thailand's provinces are like autonomous regions. You can only obtain free or subsidised services, 30 baht scheme, schools, social service benefits within the Province your address is registered. If the Thais who have now been forcibly removed from Mark's wife TB and have been forced to register on another family members TB in a different Province, then that can cause them numerous problems.

This is really a separate topic.

Yes, a separate topic and not something I care about but in case you have any sympathy for them, the people who were forcibly removed had 8 or 9 years to sort their own lives out and register somewhere else (and six months grace from my wife as she went to the effort of obtaining their phone numbers from the old owner of the house and contacting them to let them know first). They have bought two cars on hire purchase agreements using this address, which they have defaulted on, now owing 1.4 million baht to the seller and that's just one of their debts. Now, while having them on the TB in no way made my wife liable for their debts, it did result in having a bailiff's notice pinned to our front gate on one occasion, which is something I can live without.

Edited by Mark1066

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your advice.  Have decided due to wife's health to get Thai Visa Services to get me a 12 month extension of stay on my current Non Imm O visa with one re-entry permit and a replacement for the departure slip which I have lost.  They will also do 90 day reporting for me and mail me the confirmation slips.  Has anyone knowledge of the company I am using,

https://thaivisacentre.com/

Miss. Gracrsirintra Kiratikanyarut
THE PRETIUM BANGNA
91/11 Moo.15 Bangna-trat Rd. Tambon Bang Kaeo, Amphoe Bang Phli Chang Wat Samut Prakan 10540, Tambon Bang Kaeo, Amphoe Bang Phli, Chang Wat Samut Prakan 10540

She has sent me a copy of her bank passbook for me to pay after the visa has been extended.  Urgent comments please as courier booked to pick up my passport and photos at 1500hrs.

To all who gave me advice and helped clarify my situation.

I am pleased to advise I went through an agency.  They picked up my passport and two photographs (THAT IS ALL FOLKS) from my condo at 1600 hrs Friday 9th February.  Received today (Tuesday 13th March) my passport with 12 month extension of stay plus single re-entry permit also valid for 12 months.   My risk was that it was a fly by nite rip-off.  But after applying risk management to the cost of my time in preparing all the documentation, having it verified, certified, translated and sworn.  And the fact I'll probably have to provide band new documents next time to a different IO who may well accept or from the gist of this forum - will probably not accept my extensive copies upon copies of this, that and the other, all in quadruplicate (JUST IN CASE ANOTHER IO HAPPENS TO STICK HIS NOSE IN)  sworn certified, validated, translated etc etc.

Anyway 4 days done and dusted.  At an all up cost of 17200.

I value my time,  especially since that time is being spent doing what I want.  Caring for my wife in her time of need, watching TV/Movies or just chilling in the pool.  I worked for that, I deserved that.  I got that.  Well for 12 months anyway as 90-day reporting is also done free of charge.

Further and hopefully to put closure on this moving topic.

There is no one-way or the highway, - only the way the IO perceives your predicament.

Thailand is overflowing with farung living the dream.  If you cannot show you meet the marriage or retirement visa, cannot bear to deal with reams of real in your face genuine  A4 paperwork and value your own time at nothing.  Take the easy road.  It's safe, its sure and it works for the THAI's.

It's their country we are only visiting.  In my case for 40 years.  Accept the flexible rules and interpretations of the rules.  Thaiand Immigration are not a franchise but independent border controllers who may or may not, been fully informed of their own risk an siruatio