Pattaya a world class resort? There should be lifeguards say Thais as Russian man drowns

snoop1130

8 hours ago, Geoffbrit said:

I see them every day, going to Surf Kitchen restaurant for their food. I have never seen any of them in the sea.. Usually in their office or chatting on the pavement... I'm not sure that any of them would know what to do in the event of an emergency

Perhaps the Pattaya lifeguards do not know how to swim so one could understand them staying in the sois and  gulping down their six pack's !!:biggrin:

I have been in Pattaya, staying in Jomtien beach, and since I arrived until yesterday I would call

both places, garbage dumps. All along beach street and in the small sois in Jomtien there was garbage piled everywhere. Finally today,I see that  beach street has finally been cleaned up, but not any of the sois, I was

told by an expat in the Pattay side, conditions are very similar. If this is the case the garbage division, should all be fired, from the top down. A head or two should roll as well in city hall for not doing their jobs.

Maybe even the Mayors head.

Geezer

On 2/20/2018 at 1:18 PM, fakename said:

A symbol of Thailand, build life guard towers and not use them. Put up lights for pedestrians, and not use them! Traffic lights, and not use them, east side. All good ideas, then scrape off the money. 

Put up thousands of CCTV and not activate, maintain or use them

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

Put up thousands of CCTV and not activate, maintain or use them

Same same with Tsunami warning system?

They seem incapable of learning!

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment

15 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Same same with Tsunami warning system?

They seem incapable of learning!

It is not that they can't learn, it is just that they are lazy as a country and will not commit to things.  Future jobs and budgets are uncertain.  Leadership, officials, government... well, they change when the next military guy wants to take over.  So the budgets and economy are controlled or influenced by a very few.

2 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

It is not that they can't learn, it is just that they are lazy as a country and will not commit to things.  Future jobs and budgets are uncertain.  Leadership, officials, government... well, they change when the next military guy wants to take over.  So the budgets and economy are controlled or influenced by a very few.

:thumbsup:

16 hours ago, lanista said:

Everyone knows Pattaya is no1 sex tourism capital of Asia. Why try to make it out to be something it  isnt?

Or maybe only you know that and everyone else knows the capital is actually Bangkok. Then question is why is it you think you "know" that.  

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

They're Kidding right?  World class resort it definately isn't.  The beaches are disgusting sewage ponds and swallowing any of the water will kill you.  Pattaya doesnt tick a single box when it comes to resorts

This thread has turned into quite a lovely little bash fest. Fortunately we have all the Pattaya whinges collected now and if you have anything new you can just add it in. Here's the cheese:

On 2/21/2018 at 10:26 AM, phitsanulokjohn said:

You're so right manhood.

World class resort?Do me a favour.Glad I made the move up to Phitsanulok 15 years ago.Pattaya was bad enough then,hence the move North,and a move I've never regretted.

15 years in Phitsanoluk. You don't get that much for murder.

• Haha 2