"We can't stand it any longer!" Three aunties hold press conference on sidewalk outside house at center of illegal parking drama

webfact

It doesn't matter whether you need to get someone to the hospital, or need to go buy beer, you don't park in front of someone's driveway and block them in. Of course you don't need to take an axe to someone's car either. If it's that big a problem, station a tow truck in the area and remove the cars and levy a fine plus towing fees.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Thian said:

Well those owners of that estate are also lowlife's, look at all the foreclosure signs at that hi-so front gate. They have a huge house it seems so why don't they pay the bills like all decent people?

Here in a moobaan where many thai lawyers and tv=stars live they drive the latest model German cars, several at one house but they have no money to paint the wall around their house which looks totally crap....

Many of them bought the landplot at both sides of their estate and leave it as a grassfield so they won't get any neighbours.

Even hi-so expensive moobaans can have lowclass thai with barking dogs or nasty kids screaming all day. And there's nothing you can do about it.

They appear to have got their priorities in the correct order, apart from the dogs and bin lids

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

They have this arrangement where you can dob in people ride on the footpath by taking their

photos and reporting to the relevant authorities, isn't there something similar to this when it

comes to illegal parking? and if not, there should be....

Yes, and there should be another 24 hour crackdown.:cheesy:

2 hours ago, Thian said:

The ladies are absolutely right, the Thai just park anywhere near a market, causing huge congestion and dangerous situations.

It's time for Thailand 4.0 where people's rights, health and properties get respected. The police has to start doing their work and write serious fines.

At the market near us they park everywhere, causing huge congestion on the mainroad 1 km down the road...when the police is standing there they don't dare to park but as soon as they are gone they all park there again. So we had police standing there every day for weeks, what a solution hahaha.

That will be the ones in an inactive post for being naughty.

This is a problem everywhere in Thailand.  Shop owners where I live strategically park motorcycles, use orange cones, chairs; and, a variety of other things to keep cars from parking in front of their establishments. If that is too much of a hassle, open your own gov't approved towing service and turn this into a money maker.  Another idea, get an electronic monitor that automatically plays an obnoxiously loud message shouting "NO PARKING" (in Thai) every time someone parks there.  At the end of the day these ladies need to be asked "what have YOU done to fix the problem"? Complaining to someone else isn't the answer.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Thian said:

Thailand needs more parkinglots for motocycles and less for cars...give motocycles the best spots right in front of the entrance of shops/markets and let carowners walk more....this will force cardrivers to use their motocy so there's less pollution, less congestion, faster shopping (more time for the kids), less work for the police

Also give motocy's a special lane on the road where cars are not allowed to drive. BKK has too many cars, they need more clean efficient motocycles.

If only they weren't 20-40x as dangerous as 4 wheel vehicles.

4 hours ago, z42 said:

So according to this the reports of illegal parking being the cause of not getting their dying relative to hospital on time are BS, and aside from inconvenience i fail to see how they are claiming the moral high ground after smashing that motor up.

The pickup owner should get a standard ticket, and these morons a VERY hefty fine for criminal damage

Wrong, they should have discreetly keyed the car not letting anyone see them and not made a fuss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Birdbrain said:

The aunties should buy a forklift and move any car out the way and dump the car in the middle of the road.

Problem solved.

No, it would be better if they did what the security guys do in the Shopping Mall parking lots, just put a jack under the wheels, then pull it out off the way. 

2 minutes ago, kensisaket said:

This is a problem everywhere in Thailand.  Shop owners where I live strategically park motorcycles, use orange cones, chairs; and, a variety of other things to keep cars from parking in front of their establishments. If that is too much of a hassle, open your own gov't approved towing service and turn this into a money maker.  Another idea, get an electronic monitor that automatically plays an obnoxiously loud message shouting "NO PARKING" (in Thai) every time someone parks there.  At the end of the day these ladies need to be asked "what have YOU done to fix the problem"? Complaining to someone else isn't the answer.  

Come on now they were obviously at the end of their tether 

They have my full sympathy 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

That doesn't solve the problem.  The publicity they're getting by going full cowabunga seems to be getting some attention...

The trouble with what they have done is the possible consequences 

I personally would go for the key job which as you say would not solve the problem apart from a one at a time situation

But take it from me it helps my mood no end

• Like 1

4 hours ago, z42 said:

So according to this the reports of illegal parking being the cause of not getting their dying relative to hospital on time are BS, and aside from inconvenience i fail to see how they are claiming the moral high ground after smashing that motor up.

The pickup owner should get a standard ticket, and these morons a VERY hefty fine for criminal damage

And you would be happy and walk instead I presume.lol

OK, she goes a bit to fare, would be better call the police and sort it out that way,

Sad she did not think before the act. But I understand her frustration.    

12 minutes ago, impulse said:

That doesn't solve the problem.  For every car you can key, there's 1000 oblivious owners eager to take their place.

The publicity they're getting by going full cowabunga seems to be getting some attention...

"That doesn't solve the problem".  You are right, it doesn't, but getting revenge on these scum would make me happy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

The trouble with what they have done is the possible consequences 

I personally would go for the key job which as you say would not solve the problem apart from a one at a time situation

But take it from me it helps my mood no end

I'm not one who can take satisfaction doing damage to others' property and slinking off to shirk my responsibility.  Apparently, neither are these ladies.

Edited by impulse