Govt probes Pheu Thai over links to Yingluck and Thaksin

webfact

Just now, robblok said:

Yes I would love to see them all share a prison cell together. (we can dream)

It is true that you wont see many convictions on the "right" side but that does not mean IMHO that the other side should get away with its transgressions. That is like saying forget about it all they can all do what they want and nobody has ever have to look at the laws. I just can't accept that. 

but you might have to mate

30 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

yes

one side has total amnesty written into law

and the other side failed to get their amnesty

Its wrong that the other side got the amnesty written into law.. but that does not mean Thaksin should get his amnesty. Then there is no point to have any laws as nobody has to ever think about them. That would be totally giving up on all laws.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

but you might have to mate

I don't think I have to accept that certainly not because right now they still put people in jail for corruption. That a few escape justice should not mean they all should. Just imagine the chaos if we were to say because one murderer get off we let all murderers go. Then nobody will fear punishment for murder anymore. At least now some people still fear the law and are controlled by it.. otherwise nobody will.

Edited by robblok

Just now, robblok said:

Its wrong that the other side got the amnesty written into law.. but that does not mean Thaksin should get his amnesty. Then there is no point to have any laws as nobody has to ever think about them. That would be totally giving up on all laws.

i just want him and his sister to fly back if he's got the balls. what would they do? couple of weeks in jail and possibly an election soon after

Just now, robblok said:

I don't think I have to accept that certainly not because right now they still put people in jail for corruption. That a few escape justice should not mean they all should. Just imagine the chaos if we were to say because one murderer get off we let all murderers go. Then nobody will fear punishment for murder anymore. At least now some people still fear the law and are controlled by it.. otherwise nobody will.

i understand what you're saying mate but they've gone too far. people want an election. i can feel it. personally i quite liked the junta but their time is up

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

i understand what you're saying mate but they've gone too far. people want an election. i can feel it. personally i quite liked the junta but their time is up

The time of the junta is up.. no problem and we do need elections. 100% agree personally would really not like it if a junta party came to power. 

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

i just want him and his sister to fly back if he's got the balls. what would they do? couple of weeks in jail and possibly an election soon after

He shown many times before he hasn't; neither has she of course! They will never do any time. The loss of face to such an hiso elite would be unbearable for their egos. They don't mind any minions being jailed or worse, they're all expendable.

He's more worried about the pending very serious cases, like the Krungthai Bank fraud, which could draw serious jail time. He'll never return until the statute of limitations has expired on all those cases or he's wangled an amnesty.

Just now, Eric Loh said:

Managing a political party or giving advise. Don't seem like an intervention. 

Giving advice :cheesy:

What like - do as your told, or else? I'll pick the next leader and cabinet and decide when the times right for my next amnesty attempt?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Do you realize that you are describing a Cabinet meeting?

You might be right - it was always strongly alleged, never denied, and openly confirmed by some that a criminal used to Skype call into cabinet meetings, and openly appoint and dismiss ministers to suit his whims. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Baerboxer said:

Giving advice :cheesy:

What like - do as your told, or else? I'll pick the next leader and cabinet and decide when the times right for my next amnesty attempt?

He really did all that!!! Got to ask you to give some factual examples. Did he pick the next leader? He was qouted that he was non-committal and depends on party choice. All in print mate; not yours. I would say that was very democratic an approach. Right?

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

He really did all that!!! Got to ask you to give some factual examples. Did he pick the next leader? He was qouted that he was non-committal and depends on party choice. All in print mate; not yours. I would say that was very democratic an approach. Right?

since when have facts got in the way of bigotry?

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

That's right Eric, he a very democratic person. He's quite happy to anoint his chosen leader and then leave it "up to the party members" Of course they're free to elect whoever they wish :whistling:

Just like when the Red Shirt leaders were elected............................... oh hang on a minute..

Btw - you believe everything he says to media - like he's totally innocent, of everything, never done anything wrong, never ever too?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

since when have facts got in the way of bigotry?

That's right - anything Thaksin and YL say or are quoted as having said by some of their minions must be facts.

After all they wouldn't lie would they..........................................................

And you believe everything you read in a paper.........................

right oh.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

That's right Eric, he a very democratic person. He's quite happy to anoint his chosen leader and then leave it "up to the party members" Of course they're free to elect whoever they wish :whistling:

Just like when the Red Shirt leaders were elected............................... oh hang on a minute..

Btw - you believe everything he says to media - like he's totally innocent, of everything, never done anything wrong, never ever too?

Unfortunately we differ on facts and innuendo just because you hate and despise the man. I too despise the man for his corruption but I rather keep to facts. You can made all the assumptions you like but you losing your credibility without backing them up with facts. 

By the way, I think you meant the UDD, not the red shirts. By now I thought you know that the red shirts are a political movement not an association and include various groups with diverse political priorities. Some group even dislike Thaksin. Now you learn something factual mate.  . 

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

That's right - anything Thaksin and YL say or are quoted as having said by some of their minions must be facts.

After all they wouldn't lie would they..........................................................

And you believe everything you read in a paper.........................

right oh.

are you from Barcelona?

15 hours ago, Cadbury said:

And if it's not in line with the law I will change the law to fit the circumstances with my Article 44.

Different day, different issue, same approach. What is it about Thai politics that attracts the worst of the country's elite to run for office while the many qualified leaders choose to sit on the sidelines?

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, chama said:

Different day, different issue, same approach. What is it about Thai politics that attracts the worst of the country's elite to run for office while the many qualified leaders choose to sit on the sidelines?

Maybe the worst are the only kind that can deal with the worst. The good qualifiers are no match for the worst kind. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Maybe the worst are the only kind that can deal with the worst. The good qualifiers are no match for the worst kind. 

That is absolutely correct, a good hearted Thai coming to power would be torn to pieces by the powerful Thai families, various mafias, corruption etc

Which is why Prayut is as good as it gets for Thailand, so we should be careful not to wish him away so quickly.

This administration can do nothing about the Shinawatras continuing popularity in any guise. Free and fair elections will result in another win for Phua Thai. That's why they are dragging their feet on an election they can't possibly win fairly.

Therefore...seeing there is nothing they can do about this , despite all the power guns can buy, they would do a lot better trying to shore up their owni illegal position by at least dismissing Prawit from his placed position for not declaring his assets, thereby demonstrating their commitment to clean up Thai politics.

But Prayuth cannot stab a friend in the back no matter how disgraceful his behavior so on the one hand they scold the press for mentioning Thaksin and Yingluk whilst they themselves are the best publicity Thaksin could want.

The pathos is so thick you can't wade through it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Unfortunately we differ on facts and innuendo just because you hate and despise the man. I too despise the man for his corruption but I rather keep to facts. You can made all the assumptions you like but you losing your credibility without backing them up with facts. 

By the way, I think you meant the UDD, not the red shirts. By now I thought you know that the red shirts are a political movement not an association and include various groups with diverse political priorities. Some group even dislike Thaksin. Now you learn something factual mate.  . 

Think u are winning this one Eric  You just blew his remarks right out of the water  Go Eric