More than 60 lawmakers demand UK PM May delivers Brexit with full autonomy - BBC

webfact

1 minute ago, pagallim said:

So, based on the figures (100,000 more Europeans employed, 130,000 Europeans left), 30,000 unemployed Europeans left the UK.

We can go on and on with some pissing contest based on statistics and forecasts, but fact remains that for those Europeans who seek to work and have attractive skills and experience, the UK has a great deal to offer.

Long way to go yet and you are right, statistics mean nothing at this stage.  pointless either of us quoting them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dunroaming said:

The pertinent thing about the 62 is that that is enough to launch a leadership challenge.  It is simply a ransom note to May threatening to oust her if she doesn't do what they want.  That is why she is having another cabinet meeting today to try to "reassure" her critics.  "Try" being the operative word.

My choice of reading described the cabinet get together at chequers

as a lock in until they they can agree on a joint way forward, possibly tantrums,drama queen's and resignations.

On 22/02/2018 at 9:27 AM, pagallim said:

What bit of my comment "What the Government cannot give clarity on is the eventual outcome of the negotiations with the EU." do you not understand?   How can they say exactly what Brexit will look like or when it will happen until the negotiations are concluded?

The part of your comment I don't understand is where you say its unfair to say the government are not giving clarity on Brexit ...then you go on to detail how the government are not saying what the outcome/implications of Brexit will be or even when Brexit will happen.

On 21/02/2018 at 9:31 AM, pagallim said:

Absolutely.   I keep hearing calls for clarity on Brexit from the Government, though those making such calls must be deaf, as for more than a year, I've heard May constantly repeat that ...

Edited by Air Smiles

2 hours ago, Air Smiles said:

The part of your comment I don't understand is where you say its unfair to say the government are not giving clarity on Brexit ...then you go on to detail how the government are not saying what the outcome/implications of Brexit will be or even when Brexit will happen.

Go back and look at my post #20 re negotiation.   Clarity has been given in a.   The UK is leaving the EU.   b.   This means the UK is leaving the single market.   c.   This also means the UK is leaving the Customs Union.   d.   Rights of existing EU immigrants in the UK are to be preserved.

Outcome and implications are on the table.   This again at the risk of repeating myself, is subject to negotiation.

• Like 1

UK knows it will have a huge problem is it makes a clean cut. There is no British industry to speak of that is owned by the British, and therefore the country is at the mercy of non-Brits, who I'm sure will take a dim view of not being part of the EU. Only one outcome is going to happen, a lot of companies will relocate. Mass unemployment, and a serious decline in their economy.

Relying on the Americans is a false hope, and the fading commonwealth will also not save the country in trying to forge new trade-deals.

EU members are leaving in drones, and public services are buckling, and bringing the whole system to it's knees. How long will the NHS be able to cope, without the whole thing being dismantled and privatized?

UK will be wondering in the wilderness of isolation, not being part of a huge economy means it will not have a voice, nor will it be taken seriously. 

The UK will effectively become 'little Britain' the poor man of Europe !

21 minutes ago, the guest said:

UK knows it will have a huge problem is it makes a clean cut. There is no British industry to speak of that is owned by the British, and therefore the country is at the mercy of non-Brits, who I'm sure will take a dim view of not being part of the EU. Only one outcome is going to happen, a lot of companies will relocate. Mass unemployment, and a serious decline in their economy.

Relying on the Americans is a false hope, and the fading commonwealth will also not save the country in trying to forge new trade-deals.

EU members are leaving in drones, and public services are buckling, and bringing the whole system to it's knees. How long will the NHS be able to cope, without the whole thing being dismantled and privatized?

UK will be wondering in the wilderness of isolation, not being part of a huge economy means it will not have a voice, nor will it be taken seriously. 

The UK will effectively become 'little Britain' the poor man of Europe !

?