Standing Desk Where In Chiang Mai Or reasonable online

krey

I got a terrible lower back so I often do not sit.  I have made a max shift standing desk but I am looking for something a little better

I am really looking for something like in these photos, adjustable be nice

Any place in Chiang Mai or online that would send at a reasonable cost?

Also I am totally open for suggestions on someone to make this desk, a craftsman that you might suggest I would be fine with that as welll

Thoughts and Thank you

desk2.jpg

desk.jpg

9 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Vivistand sounds like something you should take a look at.

Finding companies that have the desk is not usually a problem, its finding companies that will send to Thailand that wont cost an arm and a leg.  Visistand has no info on shipping on their site except to say they will ship anywhere in the USA for free.  I will email them but I have sent to companies like this before, usually a straight up no or the cost of shipping cost more than the desk itself

Sorry I don't have a contact but if I was after something like this I'd look locally.  Find a welding/metal merchant/guy and show them your photo of what you want.

It's not that difficult to build. Box section steel for the frame.  Uprights are box section too but you have one that will fit inside the other that allows you to adjust the height.

A simple hole drilled into the outer 'sleeve' with a nut welded onto this hole.  Them a bolt can be screwed into the nut to hold tension at the desired height.  You could even go so far as to drill holes in the inner sleeve to make a better 'slot' for height positioning.

The Polish on the whole project would be to get yhe whole frame powder coated. And that can be done in Chiang Mai....do a search within this forum (Chiang Mai).

The only other thing you would need to do is source the table top.  A simple flat ply door from Global house should do the trick. You will need the dimensions of this for the metal guy to work with.

Sounds to easy huh?  I think is very doable.

Gd luck

21 hours ago, Mahseer said:

Carpenter that I have used on 3 occasions and recommended here several times is Khun Kan 053 218 394. He has an office on the superhighway 100mts east of where it crosses 107.

Does he have English skills?

Thanks all for the suggestions

2 minutes ago, krey said:

Does he have English skills?

Thanks all for the suggestions

Yes he does. If you use him be specific with both dimensions and material requirements and he will give you a written quote and projected timeframe.

His shop is on the north side of the highway with numerous spirit houses out front.

6 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

Yes he does. If you use him be specific with both dimensions and material requirements and he will give you a written quote and projected timeframe.

His shop is on the north side of the highway with numerous spirit houses out front.

thanks so much

Archived