Can I enter Thailand with U.S. green card?

jayden32

I’m a Canadian-born citizen but three years ago I permanently migrated to the states for my career. I already have my green card but not I’m not an American citizen yet. My concern is that I might be required to present more papers when I go to Thailand during my visit.

It’s not going to be the first time visiting, though. I already flew there before for an asian singles tour before but I was still a Canadian citizen then. What happens now that I only have a green card? Do I still benefit from the no-visa entry thing? Is my green card status going to be an issue?

A US Green card is not official document outside of the US. This green card is only valid for US purpose.

As "tonray" wrote already you still have an Canadian passport... and you even will have the Canadien citizen ship in the future. Normaly you not lose the born citizen ship.

31 minutes ago, jayden32 said:

What happens now that I only have a green card? Do I still benefit from the no-visa entry thing? Is my green card status going to be an issue?

Nothing has changed since you got the green card other than when your return to the US as a resident instead of being a tourist.

You will still get a visa exempt as a Canadian citizen.

• Like 1

Since you have traveled at least 3 countries, have you ever seen a sign upon leaving or entering a country ""GREEN CARD CONTROL"", most of the signs I see are "Passport Control"

Good luck LEAVING many  countries by air legally without a passport.

• Haha 2