Former Trump campaign aide pleads guilty in Russia probe

rooster59

16 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

An explanation of what I'm missing would be appreciated - rather than a simple put-down.

The investigation includes (it has to include) anything that may be uncovered during said investigation of Russian efforts to influence the 2016 Presidential election. Imagine if during the investigation it was found that someone had murdered somebody but it was ignored due to being 'outside the scope of the works'. 

Unrelated to my reply: I sometimes wonder if people actually read things or if they are able to follow a path of reason. I does actually remind me of WMDs because we see the same thing here over a much longer period. At least ever couple of days I see someone, on some platform, state that Saddam never had WMDs as though the U.S. (and UK) were never forced to admit a couple of years later that they had sold WMDs to him. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Wrong. The Russian accomplished 3 of their primary goals:

>>>   get Putin-loving boot lickers in top spots in the US

>>>   debilitate the US.  Note, lots of money went back and forth between Russian agents and the NRA.  Have you read recent news?  It's paying dividends for the Russians:  the more torn the US fabric, the better for Russia.  Also, Russian bots deepened rifts between blacks and whites.  

>>>  Getting the anti-American Trumps into the WH accomplished way more than the Russians could have hoped for.  Now, most Republican congresspeople are either standing alongside Trump, hailing Putin - or on the sidelines dumbfounded with their hands in their pockets with their shorts down around their ankles.

Not also to forget that Putin and Kremlin made shady deals with the current president of the USA and his close circle. This way Putin is easily able to blackmail the President of USA for not allowing new sanctions towards Russia to be implemented. 

Well played Russia, well played. 

44 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Not also to forget that Putin and Kremlin made shady deals with the current president of the USA and his close circle. This way Putin is easily able to blackmail the President of USA for not allowing new sanctions towards Russia to be implemented. 

Well played Russia, well played. 

If I may.

It's hard to believe that they wouldn't (argument from ignorance?) have something on Trump, given what a buffoon he is. But, or even and, it does not mean that Putin has had to play that card or that Trump knows or has even thought about it. Said a few times that he believes Putin's claim of not meddling though later the WH put out a statement that what he meant was 'I believe he believes'.... he had basically contradicted the entire intelligence community. Sure has a boner for Putin for some reason no question because not imposing the sanctions (98:2?) is a really huge non move. 

To mention Mueller (on topic post). It appears to me that he is playing a very fine game of chess indeed. Calls of 'it's taking too long' have been made but with regular additions to the so far not been proven guilty it cannot be said that the investigation is stagnant. Instant sacking of the fella who sent a couple of texts etc. etc. . He is untarnished, much loved by the Republicans and in general regarded as an upstanding person. Given Trumps picks for other posts, it is quite surprising that he would have picked someone who would fulfil the obligations of their employment.

Mid-terms will be interesting.

• Thanks 1

I keep saying this, and it's still true....  Mueller's team members are just scratching the surface.  Manafort and Gates are small fish.   Mueller's team are working their way up to the rotten fish heads at the top.  No mention yet of Gucifer2/Roger Stone involvement.  ...or Felix Sater or dozens of other mafia-wannabe buddies of Trump.   

Anyone wanting to get a sneak preview of some of what Mueller's team will be announcing, should check out interviews with Malcolm Nance.   He has consistently been several steps ahead of news outlets.  He has sources and can see several layers deeper into what the FBI and Mueller's team are looking at ....than media talking heads.   

I don't put down the media.  Except for Fox and other Right-Wing propaganda outlets,  mainstream media are doing a stellar job of news and analysis.  Joy Reed is great, as is Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnel and others.  I'm heartened that free speech is still allowed in the US - even though Trump and his cabal are trying to stifle it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

I keep saying this, and it's still true....  Mueller's team members are just scratching the surface.

Yes.

How far though because it could be someone who has not paid a parking ticket. I used the example of murder earlier but there does have to be a limit. Federal crime since it is a federal investigation?

3 hours ago, notmyself said:

The investigation includes (it has to include) anything that may be uncovered during said investigation of Russian efforts to influence the 2016 Presidential election. Imagine if during the investigation it was found that someone had murdered somebody but it was ignored due to being 'outside the scope of the works'. 

Unrelated to my reply: I sometimes wonder if people actually read things or if they are able to follow a path of reason. I does actually remind me of WMDs because we see the same thing here over a much longer period. At least ever couple of days I see someone, on some platform, state that Saddam never had WMDs as though the U.S. (and UK) were never forced to admit a couple of years later that they had sold WMDs to him. 

To go astray...mostly the contention wasn't the Saddam never had WMD's, but rather, he didn't have them at the time of the US invasion. I don't recall any evidence that the US or the UK sold Saddam chemical or biological weapons. They're not that difficult to make. The George H.W. Bush administration did defend Saddam from the accusation that he used them. Remember the letter from Alan Simpson to Saddam that sympathized with Saddam as being a fellow victim of the Media.

1 hour ago, notmyself said:

Yes. How far though because it could be someone who has not paid a parking ticket. I used the example of murder earlier but there does have to be a limit. Federal crime since it is a federal investigation?

A major part of Mueller's investigation indicates at this point; HE DOESN'T LIKE BEING LIED TO.

Manafort, Kushners, Trumps and all the other buttplugs have been lying their butts off since grammar school, - and getting away with it.  Indeed, it's made them very rich and politically powerful.   Mueller is making it clear:  You can lie to your sniveling corrupt mafia and Russian comrades, but you don't lie to me and the FBI. 

He's still at the bottom rungs of the ladder.  Much more to come.  Even if Mueller gets bumped off (killed or fired) the investigation will continue.  He's got some amazingly adept staff, and they're amassing a pile of evidence that we can only imagine.  Watergate put over 50 people in prison.  Russia-Trump will plausibly put two or three times that many behind bars.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

A major part of Mueller's investigation indicates at this point; HE DOESN'T LIKE BEING LIED TO.

Manafort, Kushners, Trumps and all the other buttplugs have been lying their butts off since grammar school, - and getting away with it.  Indeed, it's made them very rich and politically powerful.   Mueller is making it clear:  You can lie to your sniveling corrupt mafia and Russian comrades, but you don't lie to me and the FBI. 

He's still at the bottom rungs of the ladder.  Much more to come.  Even if Mueller gets bumped off (killed or fired) the investigation will continue.  He's got some amazingly adept staff, and they're amassing a pile of evidence that we can only imagine.  Watergate put over 50 people in prison.  Russia-Trump will plausibly put two or three times that many behind bars.

Bless Mr. Mueller. I agree with the idea a lot of 45's cabal are destined for jail. Here's an interesting interview insinuating just that.

• Thanks 2