British Marriage Certificate Certified/notorised

pwllgrgn

Hi

I should have asked on here first. I have sent numerous emails and not got any replies back. Being totally thick you do mean the British Consulate? I have read that the Marriage Certificate had to go to the MFA once it had been translated and certified.Is this not correct?

Hi

I should have asked on here first. I have sent numerous emails and not got any replies back. Being totally thick you do mean the British Consulate? I have read that the Marriage Certificate had to go to the MFA once it had been translated and certified.Is this not correct?

As noted by the poster above, if it's for Thai immigration there's absolutely no need for it to be translated into Thai. However, if you need to provide for some other Thai government department it will more than likely need to be in Thai and certified by MFA. There's any number of translation shops in Chiangmai that can organize the whole process for (i.e. translate it and send it to MFA in Bangkok for certification).

One that comes to mind is at the river end of Tapae road opposite the temple, but there's many more. Make sure you haggle with them on the price though - last time I had this done it cost 2000B for memory, but that was few years ago now.

Not so long back I had to get some documents (including marriage cert)translated and certified (for a court hearing)

This was done by a Thai translator and stamped as being a certified copy. There was no requirement to send it anywhere and it was accepted by the court "no worries"