Beach near Bkk

taiwanatoa

16 hours ago, taiwanatoa said:

Any suggestions for a beach with the cleanest water near Bangkok?

He said beach with cleanest water. For that you can skip all the beaches within 200km of Bangkok, trash or no trash. I looked at the pollution in satellite imagery a few years ago, there's nothing 'clean' near Bangkok. Where the clean (cleaner) water starts also depends on seasonal currents. Search Google for "free satellite imagery" for [near] real time imagery. So, clean water and no trash (human or plastic), Good Luck.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrY said:

He said beach with cleanest water. For that you can skip all the beaches within 200km of Bangkok, trash or no trash. I looked at the pollution in satellite imagery a few years ago, there's nothing 'clean' near Bangkok. Where the clean (cleaner) water starts also depends on seasonal currents. Search Google for "free satellite imagery" for [near] real time imagery. So, clean water and no trash (human or plastic), Good Luck.

Your getting clean and cleanest confused. He only wants the cleanest . I doubt there is a "clean beach" anywhere in Thailand.

35 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Your getting clean and cleanest confused. He only wants the cleanest . I doubt there is a "clean beach" anywhere in Thailand.

Confucised, yes. Confucius say, man who put pea in soup very unclean ...

As in acid dipping, pick the strength of the solution you want to dip into based on your own preferences. Personally I wouldn't dip into the water in Gulf of Thailand (EDIT: Bay of Bangkok), but then again I've got plenty of chances to swim in clean water on clean beaches elsewhere. If you must, then for the 'cleanest' beach just pick the distance you can tolerate, and go that far. East or West, doesn't matter. Then choose a beach with least trash, some of them were recommended here, but there are previous threads on the subject too. Again, Good Luck.

Edited by MrY
for geographical error

Jump on AirAsia for 700 baht and fly to Phuket, then a thousand baht down to Ao Yong Beach in a taxi, take the first Ao Yong Beach after Khao Khad. A nice clean beach which on a busy day has around 30 to 40 people. Lived there three years and usually swam every morning and evening. Nice clean warm water. The kids would stay in the sea for two hours or more.....now I take them to a swimming pool in Korat and the water is cold and the 11 year old is shivering. Miss that warm sea.

33 minutes ago, taiwanatoa said:

It doesn't show where it is or how clean the water is. You're not so bright.

Let me guess, you didn't click on the link, Sunshine.

Hint: It's not Thailand.

Edited by MrY

That's what I mean: Clean Water!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, wump said:

The closest really clean beach would be the rather small one in Koh Sichang. If you need more space you might as well go to Haad Tien on Koh Larn or to the military beach in Sattahip (Haad Sai Gaeow).

Water in Sattahip will most likely be significantly cleaner than at Koh Sichang [in front of Laem Chabang]. Either way, stop at one of the seafood huts on the Koh Sichang/ Koh Loy Pier (on the mainland side) for some fresh oysters. Tiny but tasty!

Edited by MrY

You need to go where there are less tourists and development. I like going to the southern end of Prachuap Khiri Kahn (Bang Saphan Noi). The beaches are as clean as I've seen, with very few people and development. I can go there at new near and still see very few people on the beach. Some of the offshore islands are quite clean too. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, DavisH said:

You need to go where there are less tourists and development. I like going to the southern end of Prachuap Khiri Kahn (Bang Saphan Noi). The beaches are as clean as I've seen, with very few people and development. I can go there at new near and still see very few people on the beach. Some of the offshore islands are quite clean too. 

We have gone there many times my wife has lots a family there.

Perfect for nice beaches the only drawback is kids get bored there its a shame as i am sure one day it will be another over populated area .

21 hours ago, Wake Up said:

It has three clean beaches and one crowded unclean beach. You been to all of the beaches? Two are beautiful and just a few Europeans and Great. One is pretty good and one is crowded with boats and Chinese and tourists. 

What is the name of the cleanest one? Can I find small houses for rent there?

2 hours ago, Muzarella said:

What is the name of the cleanest one? Can I find small houses for rent there?

I did not memorize the names of the beaches. I simply rent room for a few nights and take the motorbike left from the dock where the 30 baht ferry from Pattay let’s you off.    If you go right you head toward the main Chinese congested speed boat beach. Head left. You can easily circle the island on a motorbike. I book my hotels on Agoda. 

On 2/26/2018 at 11:20 PM, MrY said:

Water in Sattahip will most likely be significantly cleaner than at Koh Sichang [in front of Laem Chabang]. 

The water on the Koh Sichang beach is crystal clear. The only beach is on the Eastern side, the crap from Laem Chabang doesn't really come there. Lots of large ships passing by though.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, taiwanatoa said:

One or two days

:sad: Unfortunately then that limits your options pretty much to Koh Si Chang/ Sattahip Base to the east. On the other hand, one could take a berth in a night train south and treat it as a "guesthouse on wheels", then some beaches around Prachuap would become accessible.

EDIT: Just checked the train timetable, taking the afternoon train would work the best. You'd be downtown Prachuap around 9pm. (sleeper trains would be in Surat Thani at sunrise)

Edited by MrY