Beach near Bkk

taiwanatoa

4 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

I know koh larn is an island -- I have been there a number of times, but I would not consider that island to be meeting his specifications.  The volume of beach goers there just is not conducive to staying clean.  

" I would not consider it a clean beach" what a strange thing to say about an island seriously doubt you been there if you think its just one beach

Edited by InMyShadow
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

I would not consider it a clean beach.

It has three clean beaches and one crowded unclean beach. You been to all of the beaches? Two are beautiful and just a few Europeans and Great. One is pretty good and one is crowded with boats and Chinese and tourists. 

Edited by Wake Up

12 hours ago, TommyTucker said:

In my humble opinion the nearest beach to Bangkok that I would actually swim in would be Pranburi.
Pranburi is approximately 3 x hours south of Bangkok, just below Hua Hin.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Was there for New Years with the family. Never will go again. Plastic bags hit you every 2-3 minutes in the water and the beaches are dirty. sorry, but that recommendation is not a good one. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

I love Koh Larn and it close to Bangkok. Don’t listen to the critics. They went to one crowded beach which is not reflective of Koh Larn. 

But my favorite clean beaches in Thailand are Koh Kood aka Koh Kut. 

Koh Larn later in afternoon gets some sort of gas oil chemical that was released from a factory. Won't go there again either. I rushed my kids out of the water. It came in from the N side. 

• Like 1

Sy Kao beach - no idea on the phonetic spelling but that's how it sounds.  Inside the Navy base at Bang Saray, several other beaches as you go further South towards Rayong.  Larn is a toilet, full of tiddly-winks, parasails, jetskis and, obviously turds.

Or, a bit further and you can do Koh Chang in about 3 - 4 hours from Bangkok, guaranteed great beaches and well worth the effort.

• Like 1

One person mentioned Nang Rung ((Rum) beach and I was just there last week. It probably is the cleanest water for swimming and the beach is also cleaned by the military since it's on a base. There will still be a few plastic bags on the beach but I did not see anything trash like when swimming there in the water in the last 10 times I've been there over a three year period.   There are several food options as well. When you drive in the second beach is always less crowded. It also only costs 20 baht for locals and for each foreigner in your car. It is about 2 1/2 hrs from BKK.  A little closer towards Pattaya is Sai kaew beach but it is more crowded at least this time of year and many Russian tourists come there in vans etc. it is only 15/20 minutes from Nang Rung beach. You have to park in a lot before this beach if you are not Thai and pay 100 baht,  50 baht for Thais.  Then you take a free shuttle to beach ( monkeys on the way lol ) if you are with a Thai you can drive directly to beach after paying.  The water is clean to swim in and military clean the beach and the Russians there do not smoke on the beach anymore, there are large no smoking signs.  I was there last week as well. A lot of the posts are sarcastic and most are from people who have not been to a beach recently ( and at Thai Visa forum that could mean 20 years) So no need to go to Cook Islands, Malaysia or Singapore ( Sentosa!! Please a fake beach ). Also as mentioned is Koh Kood which has a pier to take a boat to about 4 1/2 hours from Bangkok. The water is REALLY clean and clear but time may not allow a long drive plus ferry. 

I don't find Koh Samed very clean but did think the water was less clean in my last trip 2 years ago so  I stopped going after that trip. 

Edited by alex8912
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Catoni said:

Yes... Aitutaki in the Cook Islands has lovely,  clean beaches, with fantastic amazing dreamy sunsets.. certainly exotic.  Newer, longer airstrip. Quite an amazing place in the world. Anyone who goes there will be happy they went.

But it may be just a bit out of the way for our friend asking for a clean beach reasonably close to Bangkok I think. And you need more than just a bus or songtheaw to get there.   55555 :)

Ah yes..........the fantastic beaches and clean water in the Cook Islands must be amongst the best in the world.

BUT in Thailand they are spoilt by both Thais and tourists.

10 minutes ago, csabo said:

Define closer. Do you mean geographically or travel wise. A 1 hour flight beats a 3 hour drive if you want a clean beach "near" Bangkok. 

I'll define CLOSER on this thread to everyone including morons. It means driving from Bangkok to a beach that is in Thailand.  

6 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

" I would not consider it a clean beach" what a strange thing to say about an island seriously doubt you been there if you think its just one beach

And what physical geological boundaries make up one beach vs. many beaches?