Video: Tourist has just two words (repeatedly) for cabby who won't turn on the meter

webfact

3 minutes ago, hellohello123 said:

Well in my mind. Regardless of which country i do it.

If i lie to customers or rip them off or take advantahe of them. I expect one day to get my head punched in or stabbed or shot

And it would suck but id say to me "you deserved it"

I am not keen on any of your options

6 hours ago, wealthychef said:

Is it cowardice to prefer not to have a macheti pulled on me?  It would be foolish to confront a lawless punk.  So yes, I prefer to foul him sneaky, without apologies to pompous internet trolls.  

Read what Matt99 wrote. Eat crow.

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

tourists come for a holiday, why risk ending up in hospital for a few weeks because of a 5 dollar rip off. Me, me, me, I am right and he is wrong, Ok, is it really worth the hassle, pay the fare take his number and report it to the tourist police, end of story.

As I have already stated, of course I forgot to take into consideration the drama queens

A bit of hot news for you not all Thais are the same

10 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

yeah, come to S.E. Asia get gobby and risk getting a beating because cabbie doesn’t want to turn the meter on.... or could’ve just walked away...... these knobs bring it on themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Maybe get beaten up but it's good to take the fight to the enemy don't let them get away with it every time

if i am wrong it does not mean that sombody get a right to offend me. brave enough to do this? face tough repercussions.

only those who want to offend people with impunity cant agree with this
You sound like a man looking for a fight. In Thailand, especially, oftentimes the brave man end up dead or in the hospital. You should be careful.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 minutes ago, hellohello123 said:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

Behave badly and one day it will catch up eith you.

Not a case of if. But when.

You need to know something which you seemed to have missed

I am not a THAI taxi driver who refuses to use the meter and lies to and cheats potential customers

My reply to you was tongue in cheek as you seemed to be a little more than confused facts wise

And you still are by the looks of it

Edited by oldlakey

10 hours ago, Matt96 said:

if I were this taxi driver and a cocky farang would say "<deleted> you" to me - i would beat the shit out of him regardless on any repercussion.

but he thought "thais are polite, they tend to forgive. so I can get away with this"

the moral obligation of any decent man is to prove him how wrong he is.

in my whole life i never ever let anyone who said "<deleted> you" to me run away without repercussions. and I never regretted for punishing them

"Moral obligation.... decent man"??

Never heard the expression "sticks and stones may break my bones but calling (words) can never hurt me"!

It would appear the taxi driver was of a normal balanced nature, not an aggressive a...e hole!

2 hours ago, lvr181 said:

It doesn't matter how 'tough' the little guy is (and this guy is bigger than your average Asian), likely he is going to lose................... :coffee1:

bouncer.gif.4b0404e91b0761e9517929fe609f1ab9.gif

The 'haymaker' didn't work against the 'short jab'. He's gotta lot to learn.

Great defensive shoulder roll and counterpunch...saw a bit of Mayweather in that!

Edited by norrska

31 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

tourists come for a holiday, why risk ending up in hospital for a few weeks because of a 5 dollar rip off. Me, me, me, I am right and he is wrong, Ok, is it really worth the hassle, pay the fare take his number and report it to the tourist police, end of story.

Why would you even report it when on a holiday? Aren't there other things way more important than looking for problems? 

I want to shake this man's hand; buy the lad a beer. Fn annoying some of these pricks are driving taxis. I've waited in queues specifically marked meter only to have 500 baht demanded. Of course I get out. 

On Silom they try to triple my fare instead of using the meter. What I know is 80 bht by meter is 200 bht. The driver gets my middle finger. 

1 minute ago, falangjim said:

I want to shake this man's hand; buy the lad a beer. Fn annoying some of these pricks are driving taxis. I've waited in queues specifically marked meter only to have 500 baht demanded. Of course I get out. 

On Silom they try to triple my fare instead of using the meter. What I know is 80 bht by meter is 200 bht. The driver gets my middle finger. 

Be warned. One day you'll pay the bill. All you've got to do is to find a taxi driver who's willing to use the meter. 

Edited by jenny2017

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Hmm, you misunderstand the purpose of asking a question...

Knew it, KNEW IT, you dont know the answer

Oh dear that quote backfired

We can't keep meeting like this so you can have the last word, because like the last encounter this is going nowhere

Goodnight

• Like 2

11 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Another British chav in Bangkok.

Holding the traffic and making everyone wait in line because his sorry behind was offended.

There are better ways to deal with this.

What an epic loser.

'Another British' chav? he sounded like an Ozzy to me (not that it matters) makes you look a tad stupid as regards epic loser when you do not even have the correct nationality 555, and you hail from where...?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Knew it, KNEW IT, you dont know the answer

Oh dear that quote backfired

We can't keep meeting like this so you can have the last word, because like the last encounter this is going nowhere

Goodnight

As usual, no idea what you are rabbiting about.

I asked a question.

You cannot and could not answer it so you resorted to your usual nonsense.

However, perhaps you should have considered this quote

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.” 
― Maurice Switzer

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Lokie said:

'Another British' chav? he sounded like an Ozzy to me (not that it matters) makes you look a tad stupid as regards epic loser when you do not even have the correct nationality 555, and you hail from where...?

Dont ask, just settle for another forum

• Like 1