Out for the country during and after Marriage extension under consideration period

Hi

as per usual it's marriage extension time... but this year I will be out of Thailand when the consideration period matures, 2 weeks before and 4 weeks after...  ready to go this week to do it, but just realized it might be very complicated... Has anyone else here experience of this situation? I shall be applying in Chaing Mai...

You can get a re-entry permit for the under consideration period that that will be valid for entry up to the report back date. You would have to enter the country on or before the report back date.

I think Chiang Mai immigration starts the 30 days on the date you apply for the extension. Can you do the extension earlier or later so that you will be here by the report back date.

One option would be to get a 60 day extension to visit your wife and do the one year extension near the end of it. You would need to get a re-entry permit before leaving the country.

1 minute ago, DavidOxon said:

60 day extension issued in the UK?

No

You apply for it at immigration to extend your current one year extension of stay.

From the police order for extensions.

2.24 In the case of visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality:
Permission shall be granted for one time and no more than 60 days.
(1) There must be proof of relationship.
(2) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto.

7 minutes ago, DavidOxon said:

My current one runs out March 1st... 60 days from then is Apr 30th, but absent period is mid March to May 1st... if I got 60 days from March 2nd that would take me to april 31st, still not enough by one day

To late now but you could of applied for your extension up to 30 days early or even earlier with proof of your intended trip.

You only choice may be to get a single entry non-o visa while in the UK and and then apply for the one year extension.

Money wouldn't have been seasoned any earlier and I gather they go by the date of the end of the current extension, not the date you apply for it...

Trip was booked after the seasoning period opened... just bad timing, but there must be a workaround... is it not possible to apply for a multi O in the UK anymore?

21 minutes ago, DavidOxon said:

Money wouldn't have been seasoned any earlier and I gather they go by the date of the end of the current extension, not the date you apply for it...

For the 2 months in the bank it is on the date you apply. Not sure when the start 30 days but I can recall others saying from the date you apply.

21 minutes ago, DavidOxon said:

Trip was booked after the seasoning period opened... just bad timing, but there must be a workaround... is it not possible to apply for a multi O in the UK anymore?

You can apply for one at the embassy in London.

11 minutes ago, DavidOxon said:

ok ... apparently if I go tomorrow they will try to fast track it through the BKK office process...

It does not go to Bangkok. It will be sent to immigration division 5 headquarters in Chiang Mai for approval.