Pattaya residency certificate to buy a car ?

Hello,

I need a residency certificate to buy a car and to make a motorbike driving license.

The requierements are different depending on the immigration office and I'm not sure of which documents I need to bring with me to get this done.

Thanks

Best regards,

I last did this about 15 months ago in Jomtien, at that time no TM30 report receipt was required.

Documents that were required.

Filled out application form (as per UJ posted above)

Copy of passport photo page, extension of stay page (if applicable), latest entry stamp page & TM.6

2 Photos (I did mine at the shop next door on the soi)

Proof of address, in my case a mobile tel. bill.

Was completed whilst I waited and from memory they charged 300 THB.

Did it two weeks ago. Go with your passport and TM30 receipe (and little TM6) to an agent in they soi, they fill out everything, make the photos and the copies and sort everything in the right way. Including 2 leftover photos this was 170 thb. Inside Immigration got it after 1 hour, 270 thb. 

Edited by Donbot

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

At Pattaya/Jomtien immigration will certainly need a TM30 report receipt to get it. Download: TM30 Form Notification of aliens staying at a residence

And proof of your residence there.

Plus the normal copies of your passport pages.

Form download: Application For Certificate Of Residency

Joe, is a CoR required if I have a yellow tabian bann and a thai id card?

20 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

Depends on what for and where, I've seen some reports recently that certain DLT offices are not accepting the yellow books in lieu of a COR now.

27 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

Chonburi DLT don't accept yellow house books or Pink ID cards. They don't recognise them. From the 1st March you will also require the new country wide Medical form fully filled. Reports are suggesting Blood testing is required as part of the medical for new applicants and renewal of Licences.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/new-form-medical-certificates-introduced-march-1-driving-license-applications/

Edited by Lovethailandelite

This thread has changed my thoughts wrt renewing my 5 year licences in a few months time in Pattaya. It appears I may need a TM30 report receipt (something I have never had after living here 12 years on retirement extensions), and a new fangled medical form!

35 minutes ago, JohnnyBKK said:

They didn't ask for anything else than my lease agreement and 3 photos and 600 thb for 2 residence certificates done in 30 minutes. Arrived in Thailand only 20 days ago.

Which office as no TM30?

Are you on a visa or extension?

OP asks about COR for both Driving License and Car purchase.

At Chonburi, there are different requirements etc.

Driving License - as of 1/03/2018, you will need the new medical certificate etc, also a certificate of residence from Immigration, ( the DLT will not accept Yellow Book and ID for driving license. )

Car Purchase - you can  register a car/ change ownership etc at one of the car tax stations around the region, you will need a COR, but you CAN use a Yellow Book for this in lieu of COR. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyBKK said:

They didn't ask for anything else than my lease agreement and 3 photos and 600 thb for 2 residence certificates done in 30 minutes. Arrived in Thailand only 20 days ago.

Got a certificate yesterday at Jomtien. Just passport copies, TM6, 2 photos and copy of utility bill which is in wifes name.

Edited by Cyclone88
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyclone88 said:

Got a certificate yesterday at Jomtien. Just passport copies, TM6, 2 photos and copy of utility bill which is in wifes name.

Can we assume that you have not submitted a TM.30 report?

Certainly when I did mine late 2016 this was not an issue at all, in fact a good majority of those getting a COR were on 30 day visa exempt entries.

Jomtien is actually a COR friendly IO!!