Arsenal

MiG16

Arsenal vs. West Ham:

I am not a gunners supporter but they play the best football in the premiership and therefore I always try to view their games on UBC or on the s. african channel.

Now please tell me, am I correct ot not:

The TV play backs confirm that Vermaelen did NOT commit a foul; it was NOT a penalty; and he ought NOT to have been sent off.

The one who needs to be punished is the trigger happy linesman who gave the penalty decision which with the benefit of the camera's looks an appallingly bad and wrong one.

Surely Arsenal must appeal the decision as the video evidence is clear?

Edited by Zodiac

I replayed that bit about 5 times, and still could not see a foul was committed

we did go on to win

but, yes having him for other games would certainly be handy!

We can beat Barcelona. They are a footballing side, not a 'kick em off the park outfit' like many of the mid-table EPL mobs and we generally play well against footballing sides. Yes I know - here comes the nancy boy Gunners fans again.

What's your issue with nancy boys anyway Somtampet? :)

We can beat Barcelona. They are a footballing side, not a 'kick em off the park outfit' like many of the mid-table EPL mobs and we generally play well against footballing sides. Yes I know - here comes the nancy boy Gunners fans again.

Most of your players are in awe of Henry and Wenger knows it. This is the worse draw you could have got. They are also a far more rounded side, physical and skilful.

PS The FA is sending a letter to Sepp demanding that no physical contact is allowed for your two Barca matches :D:D:D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

still no news on fabregas!

prediction for tonights game, honestly dont know. 1-0 would be good, 2-0 even better, but cant see barcelona not scoring. its that all important away goal thats going to be the problem tonight.

going out on a limb, a one all or two all draw.

just feel that barcelona are going to be to hard to handle, thus its going to be difficult for the arsenal to put their own stamp on the game.even more so if they cant boss the midfield, which is inevitably going to cause problems at the back. especially with so many options to feed off down the wings and up front.

Edited by tigerfish

prediction for tonights game, honestly dont know. 1-0 would be good, 2-0 even better, but cant see barcelona not scoring. its that all important away goal thats going to be the problem tonight.

just feel that barcelona are going to be to hard to handle, thus its going to be difficult for the arsenal to put their own stamp on the game.even more so if they cant boss the midfield, which is inevitably going to cause problems at the back. especially with so many options to feed off down the wings and up front.

Quick half time prediction 2-0 to Barcelona. Fabregas took nearly 20 mins to get a touch of the ball!! :)

how the hel_l did barca not win that match? never seen such a dominant away performance in europe. amazing that arsenal are still in the tie.

Theo Walcott was outstanding and without his influence Arsenal would have been sunk without trace. But two away goals and a trip to the Nou Camp without Fabregas looks a daunting task for them.

So how you folks feel about your big match with Porto tonight - confident?

This will be the first time i have not supported a BRITISH team in Europe,as i still disgusted by WEngers drunken statement about Stoke city FC.The man should be sued and banned from football.He is DISGRACE with his horrid mouth and will never change until football becomes a nancy boy sport.

The danger of his comments are that,refs will start looking for fouls that arent there and his mind games will continue.

WENGER YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO FOOTBALL AND SHOULD SHUT YOUR BIG FAT MOUTH FOR EVER

5-0 ROUT!

nasris goal, CLASS! nancy boy football, non contact sport! no-one could get near him, they were to slow.

dont know about shutting wenger up, but that should shut you up for a while.

ay bangkok boy,thats getting personal,and you will never shut me up as Arsenal are a disgrace to football.Now what happened to football last night,oops i forgot Barcelona played the football and Arsenal committed many fouls.A miracle you got a point,a miracle you got a penalty and a miracle the ref sent the barc player off.Maybe the 5-0 rout is to come at Barcelona,even though they have 2 central defenders missing.Oops i forgot,Shame about Fabregas injury,couldnt have happened to a nicer man.

Maybe we will not speak again as your comment is flaming and could get a ban if the mods are fair.I havent flamed as Wenger doesnt ocme onto this site.

Most of your players are in awe of Henry and Wenger knows it. This is the worse draw you could have got. They are also a far more rounded side, physical and skilful.

PS The FA is sending a letter to Sepp demanding that no physical contact is allowed for your two Barca matches :D:D:D:D:D

Why should i have an issue with nancy boys,does the truth hurt.No physical play,i think Arsenal were the ones putting the boot in.total football???,you never touched the ball except a 10 minute spell

So how you folks feel about your big match with Porto tonight - confident?

This will be the first time i have not supported a BRITISH team in Europe,as i still disgusted by WEngers drunken statement about Stoke city FC.The man should be sued and banned from football.He is DISGRACE with his horrid mouth and will never change until football becomes a nancy boy sport.

The danger of his comments are that,refs will start looking for fouls that arent there and his mind games will continue.

WENGER YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO FOOTBALL AND SHOULD SHUT YOUR BIG FAT MOUTH FOR EVER

5-0 ROUT!

nasris goal, CLASS! nancy boy football, non contact sport! no-one could get near him, they were to slow.

dont know about shutting wenger up, but that should shut you up for a while.

ay bangkok boy,thats getting personal,and you will never shut me up as Arsenal are a disgrace to football.Now what happened to football last night,oops i forgot Barcelona played the football and Arsenal committed many fouls.A miracle you got a point,a miracle you got a penalty and a miracle the ref sent the barc player off.Maybe the 5-0 rout is to come at Barcelona,even though they have 2 central defenders missing.Oops i forgot,Shame about Fabregas injury,couldnt have happened to a nicer man.

Maybe we will not speak again as your comment is flaming and could get a ban if the mods are fair.I havent flamed as Wenger doesnt ocme onto this site.

yep barcelona should have been 4-0 up within ten minutes, had it not been for a lot of luck and a good bit of keeping. totally outplayed us for the first 65 minutes!

fabregas out, arshavin suspended for the away tie and gallas injured to.

lucky to get back in it with a little help from walcott. if you think that wasnt a penalty, well maybe you need your eyes tested. didnt warrant a red card though.

where you got the bit about the 1 point from i dont know. last time i looked when you play in the last 16, quarter and semi final stages its played over two legs.

but hey being a stoke supporter i doubt youll ever see the day when your team get that far in a competition.

oh and if you read my post prior to kick off, which you obviously didnt. you will see i got it SPOT ON.

no looking through rainbow coloured spectacles on my part.

Why should i have an issue with nancy boys,does the truth hurt.No physical play,i think Arsenal were the ones putting the boot in.total football???,you never touched the ball except a 10 minute spell

oh and i think you will find carmine is a spurs fan!

oh and i think you will find carmine is a spurs fan!

I would have thought Mr somtampet would have remembered this following his similar ranting on the Tottenham thread after we beat them the other week. :D

blah at that draw!!

:)

and yes have to admit Barca were much stronger, especially in the early part of the first half. (I almost had multiple heart attacks - may have to give up watching football - not good for my weak heart :D)

Arsene's candid view on the games

(from Arsenal.com)

and in case any one wants to ask - yes of course I still think we will go through :D

any sign of mr somtam- inept

no april fool this one.

fabregas is out for the rest of the season with a broken right leg. following a scan, arsenal f.c. announced that the midfielder has sustainted a small break in his right fibula. follwing the challenge made on him by the barca defender(puyol), in the 1st leg quarter final match of the champions league.

What a classic game it was. The opening 25 minutes by Barcelona was mesmerising. Several blocks and saves by Almunia incredibly got Arsenal to HT at 0-0. He was badly at fault for Barcelona's 1st goal. Arsenal looked dead and buried at 0-2 but Walcott's introduction gave them a new lease of life. Getting back to 2-2 was a fitting conclusion to a marvellous game.

You have to fancy Barcelona to go through especially as Arsenal will not have Fabregas (out for the season) or Arshavin. Both teams especially Barca provided sensational entertainment. :)

Not a rant about Arsenal as a team because G-od knows you have some great players and watching my team Wolves play you guys, must have been like being a Davy Crockett fan at the Alamo.

However YOU ARE a bunch of whinging girls from the manager down. Karl Henry may have committed a foul ( he got the ball lads, admittedly from the side/back ish but he clearly got the dam_n ball ) but the dying swan act and the rest of the team demanding and getting a red card, was pathetic and demeaning to a team with such a great and noble history of having some hard men at the back yourselves. Where have they gone ? When did the girls arrive ?

Rant over.

Not a rant about Arsenal as a team because G-od knows you have some great players and watching my team Wolves play you guys, must have been like being a Davy Crockett fan at the Alamo.

However YOU ARE a bunch of whinging girls from the manager down. Karl Henry may have committed a foul ( he got the ball lads, admittedly from the side/back ish but he clearly got the dam_n ball ) but the dying swan act and the rest of the team demanding and getting a red card, was pathetic and demeaning to a team with such a great and noble history of having some hard men at the back yourselves. Where have they gone ? When did the girls arrive ?

Rant over.

I felt very sorry for Wolves. You played hard and fair. They cheated the ref and then surrounded him to get your guy sent off. Even AW has gone on the back foot over this one :)

Rant over.

I felt very sorry for Wolves. You played hard and fair. They cheated the ref and then surrounded him to get your guy sent off. Even AW has gone on the back foot over this one :)

Very quickly,Arsenal have lost many football fans due to their playacting,baby attitude,and a total nutcase manager.The only trophy you will win is the most hated team in the Premiership

Rant over.

Very quickly,Arsenal have lost many football fans due to their playacting,baby attitude,and a total nutcase manager.The only trophy you will win is the most hated team in the Premiership

I thought that was Tottenham :D

I am heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere

I find it amazing you can see your monitor due to the smog and pollution in Bangkok.May be those rose tinted glasses.Arsenal ARE losing many many appreciate fans due to this cry baby attitude,must rub off on the supporters too

I am heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere

I find it amazing you can see your monitor due to the smog and pollution in Bangkok.May be those rose tinted glasses.Arsenal ARE losing many many appreciate fans due to this cry baby attitude,must rub off on the supporters too

never mind , arsenal could cut their losses , and perhaps even make a marginall effort at the fa cup , next time,

yep got what we deserved, totally outplayed.

defence an <deleted> disgrace!

messi mesmerising and unstoppable.

as for bentner, dont know why wenger didnt play eduardo from the start, hes got skill, pace and can cause all sorts of problems running with the ball at his feet. especially as barca were without puyol and piquet tonight.