Arsenal

MiG16

Not sure about this 'penalty goal' thing. Seems to me the only people putting the ball in the net should be players, not refs.

They already influence the game too much as it is.

Meanwhile, the Bundesliga resist goal line technology.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26720142

Odd in a country of 'vorsprung durch technik'.

I agree with jellydog. Too much fiddling about will bring other problems we didn't have before.

More harmony between interpretation of the rules across Europe would be a step forward.

eg; PL ref allows play to continue, Spanish ref gives a foul.

Tricky for players in the CL.

Not sure about this 'penalty goal' thing. Seems to me the only people putting the ball in the net should be players, not refs.

They already influence the game too much as it is.

Meanwhile, the Bundesliga resist goal line technology.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26720142

Odd in a country of 'vorsprung durch technik'.

I agree with jellydog. Too much fiddling about will bring other problems we didn't have before.

More harmony between interpretation of the rules across Europe would be a step forward.

eg; PL ref allows play to continue, Spanish ref gives a foul.

Tricky for players in the CL.

Just play their best and play to the whistle.

How often must we see a player kicking the ball into touch, only for the opposing player who screamed in agony moments before, running like a greyhound after a few gargles of water. I'd call a halt on all this silly pc niceness stuff.

Same old Arsenal,pretty football for most of the season then fade away/capitulate when pressure comes into play-too many foreigners who are over here just for the dosh and cannot/do not want to battle when the going gets tough? Tony Adams/Lee Dixon would have relished these matches-but that,s when Arsenal LAST had a good side thumbsup.gif

just sayin wai2.gif

ah yes, those big foreign pansies like vieira, petit, bergkamp, henry, pires, ljungberg, gilberto, fabregas. they didn't like it up 'em did they?

Not ONE defender among them whistling.gif

Campbell, Lauren, Cole, Toure.... coffee1.gif

Were you pissed when Arsenal went 49 games unbeaten or are you just stupid?

No-still in my cot,it was that long ago cheesy.gif

Dunno why some of you are worried about refs having the power to award penalty goals for denying a goal scoring opportunity in the box (which is all I am talking about). Seems much more innocuous than their present power to decide that a goal scoring opportunity was denied, penalty awarded, man sent off, game f**cked!!

As for don't mess with our traditional game - well the denial rule is not part of the traditional game is it? Don't remeber it being around when I was a ref.

Inspiration found, but the Swans deservedly get a point.

Dire performance. Slim title hopes confirmed as disolved. Could not help thinking Oh no, Sunday football! for much of this match. A real fight on our hands to avoid that now.

facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Dire performance. Slim title hopes confirmed as disolved. Could not help thinking Oh no, Sunday football! for much of this match. A real fight on our hands to avoid that now.

facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

They could have won it at the end had the ref not blown the whistle so early. Can't believe he did that.

facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

They could have won it at the end had the ref not blown the whistle so early. Can't believe he did that.

Absolute codswallop. The ref added 4 minutes. There was no reason to add any more time in that 4 minute period. Arsenal had the ball until 4:28 minutes and Swansea got the ball and started an attack from their own line. The ref moved out, looked at his watch and blew the whistle just as the ball was flying towards a forward in a good position.

It would have been a travesty if the Swans had been allowed to complete that move. You were conned by the, as usual, useless Sky commentary team who look for controversy not truth. OK - the ref could and should have blown up about 2 seconds earlier than he did.

Must be looking over your shoulder now, bitters are heavy breathing on your neck

Yes i'm sure they are. Everton going smoothly under the radar and City at the Library this weekend. Touchline tantrums methinks!

Just something to consider. You have a penalty try in egg chasing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

well as may be but egg chasing is one of the stupidest sports known to man.

Yes - on form Everton should now nick 4th spot from us. We both have Man City and each other to play. They also have Man U and Southampton to ,as against our lower half fixtures, but they are playing with much more conviction than us.

Wake up Arsene - your analysis of the game post match (we were unlucky to lose as we dominated) is pure fantasy. Worrying loss of perspective and reflects an odd complacency and entitlement detectable in Arsenal players and management over recent months.

Yes - on form Everton should now nick 4th spot from us. We both have Man City and each other to play. They also have Man U and Southampton to ,as against our lower half fixtures, but they are playing with much more conviction than us.

Wake up Arsene - your analysis of the game post match (we were unlucky to lose as we dominated) is pure fantasy. Worrying loss of perspective and reflects an odd complacency and entitlement detectable in Arsenal players and management over recent months.

I'd certainly expect Everton to beat United and Soton.

You might find it quite disturbing if you check out the respective run ins of Arsenal, Everton and Spurs though. If we were to surprise everyone including ourselves and get a win at Anfield we are not out of it.

Problem is we'll probably lose!!biggrin.png

I am not confident about Arsenal getting anything from the City game.

Apart from a thrashing like they got at the Etihad maybe.

Slipped badly in recent weeks.

Top 3 moving clear.

Joy for some, tears for others.

Martinez doing well.

Spurs still hunting.

Brutal.

I'd certainly expect Everton to beat United and Soton.

You might find it quite disturbing if you check out the respective run ins of Arsenal, Everton and Spurs though. If we were to surprise everyone including ourselves and get a win at Anfield we are not out of it.

Problem is we'll probably lose!!biggrin.png

Mate - if we can't get to fourth I would rather have sixth anyway, even if that meant coming behind Spurs for once.

The old Arsenal problem again last night - lots of posession and pretty-pity-patty football but everything was sideways or backwards. Too many scared to take a direct approach. Two excellent direct goals out of the blue and then back to the p-p-p.

So there could be how many Europa League places?

5th and Europa League qualification is guaranteed.

Now Manchester City have won the League Cup final then the sixth in the Premier League will also qualify, is that right?

What if Arsenal win the FA Cup?

Do the fair play league winners get a place, currently Fulham, Sunderland and someone else low down?

This silly league has me a bit lost