Arsenal

MiG16

Comfortably through to the knockout stages with a training game for the kids in Greece next week.

Wenger has taken the team to this stage every year since 2000.

Can't think of too many managers that have done that, especially on a budget compared to the oligarch and sheikh-owned clubs that have had hundreds of millions of pounds poured into them.

Citeh being a case in point.

<snigger>

Comfortably through to the knockout stages with a training game for the kids in Greece next week.

Can't think of too many managers that have done that, especially on a budget compared to the oligarch and sheikh-owned clubs that have had hundreds of millions of pounds poured into them.

<snigger>

Am i alone in finding your avatar very off putting? ermm.gif

<snigger>

Don't offer any encouragement...it'll be like Medusa when those curlers eventually come out! biggrin.png

<snigger>

You should see me without the war paint. Hideous. I've got a face like a bulldog licking piss off a stinging nettle.

Edited by Chicog

We're in the money... We're in the money....

23 November 2012 Last updated at 12:47 GMT Share this pageEmailPrint

Arsenal football club have signed a new £150m deal with Emirates airline, extending its shirt sponsorship to 2019.

The naming rights to the Emirates Stadium in north London were also extended to 2028 as part of the deal.

In total, the agreement brings in £30m a season for Arsenal in terms of shirt and stadium sponsorship.

The new contract is one of the biggest in football, eclipsing rivals such as Liverpool in terms of revenue earned.

(It's twice as much as Real Madrid and three times what the tiny tottering totts of tottingham get).

Arsenal football club have signed a new £150m deal with Emirates airline, extending its shirt sponsorship to 2019.

The naming rights to the Emirates Stadium in north London were also extended to 2028 as part of the deal.

In total, the agreement brings in £30m a season for Arsenal in terms of shirt and stadium sponsorship.

The new contract is one of the biggest in football, eclipsing rivals such as Liverpool in terms of revenue earned.

(It's twice as much as Real Madrid and three times what the tiny tottering totts of tottingham get).

But were still at 'white hart lane' though mate. some things money just cant buy.

But were still at 'white hart lane' though mate. some things money just cant buy.

Don't be silly, you'd be lucky to get Tesco to buy that cesspit.

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Yet still, everytime i watch any football at your new library i remind myself, "you can't polish a turd."

biggrin.png

Yet still, everytime i watch any football at your new library i remind myself, "you can't polish a turd."

I think Emirates Airlines just did!

I find it quite funny that in your attempts at being witty you neglect all those spies you've had out trying to get the Olympic stadium. Obviously you don't have the finances to build a better stadium than the tip you have now.

I hope you get it, North London will be a better place when you've moved out.

I find it quite funny that in your attempts at being witty you neglect all those spies you've had out trying to get the Olympic stadium. Obviously you don't have the finances to build a better stadium than the tip you have now.

Atleast we belong in north london as opposed to you se london pikeys.

Were only thinking of using the olympic stadium to speed up the build schedule for our new one btw

Bit behind the times Chicoq

The new hoardings along the High Road and Paxton Road mark the start of construction work on the site which will include a supermarket, commercial space, and a 56,000-seater stadium which is expected to be completed by 2016.

biggrin.png

Sorry i didnt make myself clear I meant through us not selling our grounds name it feels we've not thrown out our

heritagethumbsup.gif

That's disgusting. They are just trying to get around the FFP rules. Even we wouldn't do that laugh.pnglaugh.png

Bit behind the times Chicoq

The new hoardings along the High Road and Paxton Road mark the start of construction work on the site which will include a supermarket, commercial space, and a 56,000-seater stadium which is expected to be completed by 2016.

night_aeriel_view.jpg

Have a pint of bitter with your sour grapes...

The Nike shirt deal expires in 2013-4 and Adidas’s interest is set at least to double the £13 million a year Arsenal earn from it. Arsenal fans buy 800,000 shirts every year, making them the third-biggest draw in Nike’s portfolio after Manchester United and Barcelona.

That's disgusting. They are just trying to get around the FFP rules. Even we wouldn't do that laugh.pnglaugh.png

The Arsenal were already well within the Fair Play standards before we added this income.

With this and the new Premiership deals I reckon Arsenal will be GBP100 million a year better off.

And I bet Wenger still refuses to pay Citeh-style wages, and good on him for not doing it.

I said and I said and I said... don't sell RvP - come January whoever is second of Man Utd or City will still buy him for the title push. And if not he'll be important in keeping us in the hunt for third/fourth (acceptance of our highest likely finish!!)...

With the history of crazy January transfer amounts did Wenger really think he'd miss out on a sum for Persie from Chelsea or the Manchester clubs! No UECL but City have bombed out of that anyway and Chelsea look likely to - big bag of cash in January no problemo, hell he might even have stayed with Carzola et al feeding him.

Every time Wenger capitulates in final seasons he makes a rod for his back - first sign of these blackmail tactics he should get rid or stand strong not this wait until the final season because the player dictates so...

34 years I've supported this club and to see the disrespect from this new brand of player, pisses me right off!

Edited by 2unique

I said and I said and I said... don't sell RvP - come January whoever is second of Man Utd or City will still buy him for the title push. And if not he'll be important in keeping us in the hunt for third/fourth (acceptance of our highest likely finish!!)...

With the history of crazy January transfer amounts did Wenger really think he'd miss out on a sum for Persie from Chelsea or the Manchester clubs! No UECL but City have bombed out of that anyway and Chelsea look likely to - big bag of cash in January no problemo, hell he might even have stayed with Carzola et al feeding him.

Every time Wenger capitulates in final seasons he makes a rod for his back - first sign of these blackmail tactics he should get rid or stand strong not this wait until the final season because the player dictates so...

34 years I've supported this club and to see the disrespect from this new brand of player, pisses me right off!

The only loyal people in football nowadays are the supporters so you'd better get use to it, all the players think about is money and who can blame them, a short career and usually no alleigance to the team they are playing for, lets face the whole world is money orientated so why should they be any different !

Edited by alfieconn

You appear to be contradicting yourself. What's your point? Van Persie indicated he would be staying and then changed his mind after his agent had conducted discussions with other clubs. Once he said he wasn't staying, he was sold.

I can't see what else Wenger could do other than give in to his demands. And I'm glad he didn't.