Arsenal

MiG16

You sound like you know that this is the end of your champions league era. Wenger should <deleted> off back to Paris and open that poodle pampering palour he was destined for.

Yes, we've been listening to that drivel for thirteen years. It's often accompanied by "Tottenham will finish above us this year!". Yawn.

biggrin.png

In the past that one liner would have irked me but these days it just brings a smile to my face because at the end of the despite, despite Mr Levy's obvious failings were a better side than you are and i'm pretty sure you know it too. smile.png

You sound like you know that this is the end of your champions league era. Wenger should <deleted> off back to Paris and open that poodle pampering palour he was destined for.

Yes, we've been listening to that drivel for thirteen years. It's often accompanied by "Tottenham will finish above us this year!". Yawn.

biggrin.png

In the past that one liner would have irked me but these days it just brings a smile to my face because at the end of the despite, despite Mr Levy's obvious failings were a better side than you are and i'm pretty sure you know it too. smile.png

although it pains me to say it. i have to agree !

time to take the blinkers off Chicog and smell the coffee.

i think it is a case of taking the blinkers off because one thing is for sure...it has nothing to do with a lack of patience. Its just a case of times a changing and move on. Wenger has done a fantastic job but a change is obviously needed. He's been our nemisis for years and i never thought i'd say it but i hope he stays.

One of the reasons that makes ferguson so exeptional is the way he's always moving forward whereas Wenger seems delusional and locked in the past.

*OK - I'll admit I'm a wuss - I'll go to bed at my normal Issaan bedtime of 11pm and set the alarm!

Normal? In the wifes village about 9pm and they are all tucked up. That's why I can't see me ever settling there full time.

Too true - wife and kids are usually tucked up by 9pm,(unless ..., ) and I enjoy the quiet to tend to my vast financial empire for a couple of hours!

Tongue in Cheek, Kantharalak

Typical TV member debating skills on display here, Chicog.

What is there to debate? I support the Arsenal and Wenger, you don't.

Not much wiggle room there, I've been a Gooner since the sixties, you aren't going to educate me about anything Arsenal.

I've stood on the North Bank when the crowds were less than 10,000. I've followed The Arsenal all over Europe.

I've earned my right to criticise.

You're just another disappointed glory hunter n00b as far as I'm concerned.

i think it is a case of taking the blinkers off because one thing is for sure...it has nothing to do with a lack of patience. Its just a case of times a changing and move on. Wenger has done a fantastic job but a change is obviously needed. He's been our nemisis for years and i never thought i'd say it but i hope he stays.

One of the reasons that makes ferguson so exeptional is the way he's always moving forward whereas Wenger seems delusional and locked in the past.

He still is your nemesis, innit?

5-2 5-2.

I don't dispute your Arsenal credentials (have always admitted I'm a Johhny-come-lately), nor your right to criticise, Chicog. I strongly object to the bladdy rudeness with which you deliver it though. I guess we are destined to keep rubbing each other up the wrong way. Not unusual on web-sites like this.

I don't dispute your Arsenal credentials (have always admitted I'm a Johhny-come-lately), nor your right to criticise, Chicog. I strongly object to the bladdy rudeness with which you deliver it though. I guess we are destined to keep rubbing each other up the wrong way. Not unusual on web-sites like this.

Where did you get the idea you are "rubbing me up the wrong way"? I couldn't care less what the "Wenger Out" brigade think, neither do most Arsenal fans.

Liverpool looking menacingly mobile. 24 hours to get another left back Arsene?

What a cracker this one is turning out to be. Enrique coming on for Sturridge? Surely Brendon's not playing for a draw? Mistake if he is.

Terrible defense. More obvious when we gave away the second goal. Five arsenal players against one.....

Better second half and shoulda won it. But well.... 2:2 at full time

Terrible defense. More obvious when we gave away the second goal. Five arsenal players against one.....

Better second half and shoulda won it. But well.... 2:2 at full time

Yeah - happy with a point in the end Miggsy. Still in with a shout for the CL and nice to see Giroud looking more confident. Willshere awseome in first half, but still fades a bit in the last quarter.

Where did you get the idea you are "rubbing me up the wrong way"? I couldn't care less what the "Wenger Out" brigade think, neither do most Arsenal fans.

Thats the closest the Library gets to an atmosphere when the Wenger Out chants begincheesy.gif

Thats the closest the Library gets to an atmosphere when the Wenger Out chants begincheesy.gif

They don't normally last very long, as the 15 year olds that start them usually get a clip round the ear.

They don't normally last very long, as the 15 year olds that start them usually get a clip round the ear.

Yes i can just see. Can you lot pipe down, i'm trying to enjoy my prawn sandwich. Plastic club, plastic fans and a club in declinebiggrin.png

Yes i can just see. Can you lot pipe down, i'm trying to enjoy my prawn sandwich. Plastic club, plastic fans and a club in declinebiggrin.png

So talk me through how Levy plans to avoid the traps of the prawn sandwich brigade, bums paid but not on seats, lukewarm atmosphere et al when you get your shiny new stadium 10 years later than Arsenal and 15 years later than Manyou?

Your life-long dinosaurs true fans are gonna be just as diluted if you aim for a 60,000 seater or thereabouts. Come to think of it you'll probably fill it with all the glory hunters moving on from Arsenal - whores like mecheesy.gif

Always in our shadow. And always whinging. And always clinging on to 1961. Were you even born when the Tiny Totts last won the league?

cheesy.gif

So talk me through how Levy plans to avoid the traps of the prawn sandwich brigade, bums paid but not on seats, lukewarm atmosphere et al when you get your shiny new stadium 10 years later than Arsenal and 15 years later than Manyou?

Your life-long dinosaurs true fans are gonna be just as diluted if you aim for a 60,000 seater or thereabouts. Come to think of it you'll probably fill it with all the glory hunters moving on from Arsenal - whores like mecheesy.gif

I must say I thought our away support was superb last night.

Also we have more than enough fans to fill a 60000 seater stadium.

Getting hold of tickets for the Lane right now is bloody difficult!

Perhaps you'll forgive me but i'm really not in the mood to talk about Levy at this time

I must say I thought our away support was superb last night.

Also we have more than enough fans to fill a 60000 seater stadium.

Getting hold of tickets for the Lane right now is bloody difficult!

Yes current season ticket holders plus the waiting list would account for 57000. That a lot of prawn sandwiches Santi, or in our case cheese bagels

Expensive injury to Gibbs on Wednesday night. 10 million quid paid to Malaga for Nacho Monreal to avoid having to play Santos for a month.

The <deleted> lazy Brazilian was bought from Fernabache for around 6 million in August 11 and is now worthless, unless someone fancies reinventing him as a left sided midfielder - he certainly has zero technical capability at defending and seemed not to care less if attackers got behind him. He had an ok'ish game off the bench against Liverpool (bar one execrable moment) but Suarez was too tired by the time Santos came on. Surely a misfire of legendary proportions in the future Gunner annals w00t.gif

Lets hope Giroud and/or Theo don't get injured and I don't blame Arsene for not buying another striker. I don't see any other strikers that were bought in the window that I would have wanted at Arsenal and a few teams were around that probably would have bought one even if the price was a bit OTT, so I'm pretty sure the Wenger answer would be 'wanted one, but nobody selling'. Maybe Arsene can borrow Bent (of the Darren variety)laugh.png .

Kroenke and Gazidis must be happy with the spare money (there was reportedly at one stage 30 million available of needed) safely tucked back in the club's wallet!

This team is still capable of CL qualification, but the mere fact that there are 4-5 other teams out there (Chelsea, Spurs, Everton, Liverpool, Swansea) who are equally capable of picking up as many points as we are based on current form, I give it a 30-40% probability at this stage.

Edited by SantiSuk

This team is still capable of CL qualification, but the mere fact that there are 4-5 other teams out there (Chelsea, Spurs, Everton, Liverpool, Swansea) who are equally capable of picking up as many points as we are based on current form, I give it a 30-40% probability at this stage.

Give me f**king strength. Go and support one of those then <deleted>.