Arsenal

MiG16

Thing is Wenger will probably scrape them 4th spot this season and things will carry on as usual there....

not sure about that,the team is very poor,except the odd game,and why he didnt pick Geroud,heaven knows.Considering the money he has spent,very average players at best,unless his paranoia is spreading thru the team.

Thing is Wenger will probably scrape them 4th spot this season and things will carry on as usual there....

not sure about that,the team is very poor,except the odd game,and why he didnt pick Geroud,heaven knows.Considering the money he has spent,very average players at best,unless his paranoia is spreading thru the team.

Get with the programme...you're not allowed to criticise Arsene because he has been the manager a long time.blink.png

Why on earth he didn't start with Giroud, who's their best striker only he knows.

i think it is a case of taking the blinkers off because one thing is for sure...it has nothing to do with a lack of patience. Its just a case of times a changing and move on. Wenger has done a fantastic job but a change is obviously needed. He's been our nemisis for years and i never thought i'd say it but i hope he stays.

One of the reasons that makes ferguson so exeptional is the way he's always moving forward whereas Wenger seems delusional and locked in the past.

And now its official. Wenger does not shake the hand of the opposition manager when Arsenal lose. sick.gif

btw, where is everyone, its quieter than the old highbury north bank on this thread

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

I have to admit I got this wrong. I had it down for 0-2. But as all three goals came from Arsenal's left wing, the lack of a decent full back was very telling.

There will be no coming back in this tie, the obvious benefit being a clear run at the remaining league games and no distractions.

But frankly the prospect of getting 4th once more will not be enough even for the most patient (myself included).

With all the extra cash coming in, Wenger will have no excuses if he hangs onto shit like Squillaci and Arshavin and if he sticks with a "fair" wage cap that pays average players the same as the best ones.

People like Gazidis need to move on and someone else needs to start handling transfers.

Wenger's got way too much on his plate now, the once brown-nosing press are circling like bloody vultures and wanke_rs like Stuart Robson are sticking the knife in as revenge for Wenger shoving them out of the back door.

I suspect that if he doesn't get 4th, the predictable whoops and squeals from the redtops may lead him to the conclusion that coaching in England isn't worth the shit you have to put up with.

I wouldn't be surprised if speculative and tentative negotiations with The Special One have already been initiated.

Unless they want to do it on the cheap with Laudrup.

I wouldn't be surprised if speculative and tentative negotiations with The Special One have already been initiated.

really? mourinho to arsenal? that would surprise me immensely. he likes an unfettered chequebook.

think laudrup shows every indication of becoming a really top manager myself.

• Like 1

really? mourinho to arsenal? that would surprise me immensely. he likes an unfettered chequebook.

I think he likes a challenge. And frankly an extra 100 million a year at Arsenal shouldn't be too limiting in the transfer market.

Emphasis on "shouldn't". Wenger's reluctance to spend will be proven or disproven this summer.

well watched the game and enjoyed it, i never believe in gloating, i dont like the munchen mob too much.

munchen well organised, attacked well, showed some reat tactical nous, as you would expect.

home team booed off the field, warm chardonnay at half time, prawns smaller than last week, nowhere to park the lexus, a fish and chip shop too close to the ground.

the real reason is they cant figure out who whinger will blame for the defeat, the referee, the idiot officals on the goal line, the ball boy, the weather, the match commentators.

league cup ========== lost to Bradford

FA cup +++++++++ lost to Blackburn

Champions league ++++++++++ lost to Bayen Munich

League cup final +++++++ lost to Birmingham city

Whinger calls out for all teams beginning with B to get expelled from the league,they are a disgrace to football,how dare they hoof the ball and rely on goals from set play.

OOPSSSSSSSS Arsenal scored from a corner,bet he is livid with that

They've just got to be patient.

spoken like a man that knows and understands the true meaning of the word.

oh wait a minute Carms, you do, your a spud ! biggrin.png

somtampotter, where do i start with you ?

you know as much about football as............ well lets leave it as that.

i mean the only thing your manager and side know how to do is kick lumps of <deleted> out of the opposing side.

best stick to things that you may know something about like twiddly winks or even darts.

you know, a bunch of fat over weight beer swilling <deleted> that like to spend their time in holiday resorts where they actually think the women find them attractive. cheesy.gif

I think Laudrup would be very much in their sights. No chance of Mourinho unless he's suddenly decided to do it on the cheap.

Laudrup fits the bill. Tremendous name in the game as a player, eloquent, still relatively young, advocates stylish football as a coach without spending big.

I don't think he has much choice about spending at Swansea. However, it would be interesting to see what he did if he had a Platinum transfer card.

Having said that, remember Mourinho won the CL with Porto, hardly a massive club with monster resources. And they only lost one game in the whole competition that year (Madrid in the group stages).

Martin O'Neill ??

biggrin.pngcheesy.gif

Even Piers Morgan touted O'Neill's name yesterday

What a joyous moment that appointment would be but i'll tell you, if you have knobs like Piers Morgan calling the shots at your club you're in even bigger problems. he's a total A'hole.

Personally i think Arsenal deserve and hope they get Mark Hughes. he'd sort you out

Edited by carmine

Mourinho no for sure for reasons previously stated.

What makes you think Laurup wants to leave Swansea?

Benitez and Mancini will be out of work soon.....Arsenal could snap one of them up. wink.png

Edited by uptheos

Martin O'Neill ??

biggrin.pngcheesy.gif

Even Piers Morgan touted O'Neill's name yesterday

What a joyous moment that appointment would be but i'll tell you, if you have knobs like Piers Morgan calling the shots at your club you're in even bigger problems. he's a total A'hole.

Personally i think Arsenal deserve and hope they get Mark Hughes. he'd sort you out

He'd be about as effective as Steve Kean (who I think is still available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Benitez and Mancini will be out of work soon.....Arsenal could snap one of them up. wink.png

I think Laudrup would relish the chance to step up, and Arsenal could buy out his contract.

Wenger could then go to Swansea. He's normally better at the start of a tenure than the end.

whistling.gif

I think Laudrup would relish the chance to step up, and Arsenal could buy out his contract.

Wenger could then go to Swansea. He's normally better at the start of a tenure than the end.

whistling.gif

Apparently Wenger says that you will be playing the 2nd leg exactly as if you were playing at home!! that should put the minds of all Arse fansermm.gifunsure.png at ease.

Maybe he didn't see the result the other night. smile.png

Oh, and you can scotch the Fenian coming to Arsenal. Piers Morgan is a demented <deleted>.

I think you are letting that precocious <deleted> off rather lightly! He's been abusing Wenger on twitter for months. Long before any real criticism was warrented. A jumped up pillock with no real understanding of the game who was still talking about Arsenal's great rivalry with Utd despite finishing 20 points behind them.

Oh, and you can scotch the Fenian coming to Arsenal. Piers Morgan is a demented <deleted>.

I think you are letting that precocious <deleted> off rather lightly! He's been abusing Wenger on twitter for months. Long before any real criticism was warrented. A jumped up pillock with no real understanding of the game who was still talking about Arsenal's great rivalry with Utd despite finishing 20 points behind them.

I met him at a charity cricket match when he worked for the sun. He was a pretentious onanist even back then.

Piers Morgan is one of the guys that I really can't understand how he gets the jobs he does. Some celebs I don't like, but I can see what quality they are perceived to have. Piers just leaves me blank...