• Created
  • Last Reply

these are what the next games look like for 'me' :

Sunday, March 16

Arsenal vs Middlesbrough Emirates Stadium 4:15 am

Monday, March 24

Chelsea vs Arsenal Stamford Bridge 3:00 am

:o 4 and 3am start

no pubs open..me in country town. (read: chance of cable TV: zero) hard enough to watch while Im home with those crazy hours!

but....we shall work something out :D whats that web that gives up to the minute account of the games? assuming I will have internet access..... (wishful thinking)

Already scared eh :o :

WENGER: WE MUST STOP TORRES

110308-intermilan-torres-story2.jpgArsene Wenger has warned his players they must find a way to stop Fernando Torres – or face yet more Champions League heartache. The Gunners boss tried to appear upbeat after his side were paired with the 2005 European champions, but identified red hot Torres as the man to stop.

Wenger said: "He is going through a good spell. He had an indifferent spell at the start, but now he has adapted very quickly.

"He is quick, strong, brave and that's the kind of competition you want to keep quiet in the Champions League.

"You must be particularly careful when he is away from home. You do not want to give him any counterattacking chances. He and Steven Gerrard are both very quick on the break."

Despite competing in the Champions League for the first time this season, Torres has made quite an impact on Europe's premier club competition – not least his unstoppable hit in the San Siro.

The Spanish sensation now has 26 goals in all competitions.

"It's a very disappointing result today for us because we dropped eight points in the last four games." "A draw when you chase the championship is not good enough."

Arsene on the draw.....

:o

Arsène Wenger's side had been trailing since midway through the first half when Jeremie Alaidiere slotted home. However that strike had been contentious, as the former Gunner looked suspiciously offside in the build-up.

Emmanuel Adebayor had been controversially flagged in the opening minutes as Arsenal dominated early on. The Middlesbrough goal stung them and they reacted by piling on the pressure.

The second half was, quite simply, all Arsenal and the visitors resistance finally broke four minutes from time when Toure thundered in a header from a Fabregas corner.

Mido was then sent off for a head-high kick on Gael Clichy while substitutes Nicklas Bendtner and Theo Walcott had injury-time efforts blocked as the visitors endured a frantic finale.

This was Arsenal's fourth Premier League draw in a row and sees them off top spot for only the fourth week since September 2.

It was hardly what Arsène Wenger ordered but, for the second home game in succession, his side had shown the character to come back.

But now, more than ever, they need a Premier League win to put their title challenge back on track.

from Arsenal.com

Well played Arsenal, showing some good consistency in the league at present. Keep up the good work. :D

Too TRUE :o:D

BT

And they continue to be consistant :D:D

BT

I like the Arsenal thread, because it's as friendly as the team. :D

Kolo Toure has urged his team-mates not to give up hope in their pursuit of the title.

The Ivorian scored a late equaliser against Middlesbrough on Saturday but Arsenal had to settle for a fourth consecutive Premier League draw, a run which has seen them surrender a five-point lead and hand the initiative to new leaders Manchester United. Chelsea's resurgence has heaped more pressure on Arsène Wenger's men but Toure believes that Arsenal can regroup and bounce back with a victory at Stamford Bridge next weekend.

"Again we were chasing the game [on Saturday] after conceding a really silly goal," said Toure. "It is always difficult for the team to come back and we are lucky that we scored a late goal again. "Now we just need to keep going and win the big games. We are still in the title race and as long as we play like we did late on [against Middlesbrough] then in other games we might be more lucky. "We will try to go to Chelsea and get some points. We know that we can go anywhere and win - we have shown that in Milan. We need to repeat that kind of performance next week and then we can beat Chelsea.

"We do not have a match now in the week, so we will rest and when we come back, we will be full of energy and can give everything. The most important thing is to be confident and play your game, stay strong in your mind and believe that until the end it is not finished.

"It is going to be an exciting finish to the Premier League. Whichever team is more confident and consistent is going to win the title. At the moment it is hard because we have dropped two points in every game. But when we get back to winning, we can carry that on until the end of the season."

from Arsenal.com

Arsène Wenger is expecting his side to bounce back immediately from Saturday's disappointing draw against Middlesbrough.

It was Arsenal's fourth successive Premier League stalemate and saw them drop down to second place behind Manchester United. After the game, the Arsenal manager admitted the dressing room atmosphere was as "flat as he had seen". Despite Kolo Toure's 84th-minute equaliser and a frantic finale, this felt like a defeat. But although Arsenal may have chosen the wrong time to wobble, the manager knows there is still time to rectify the situation.

"It is very frustrating because both Chelsea and Manchester United won 1-0 and they did not have the greatest of games either," said Wenger.

[snip]

"There was a big disappointment in the dressing room. It was like a defeat. It is the flattest I have seen them after a game. "But I feel this team fights. We came back again against Boro and this team will go until the end. I believe we need to keep fighting and then [we can] turn things around."

edit to add source: as always... Arsenal.com

did u not see my :D face ???

dont you have other people to harass :D :D

NO :D

You Know Toady and I will buy you a drink the next time you are in BKK.... AND YOU LOVE US REALLY!!!! :o:D

bt

I will buy Mig more than one drink BT, but she doesn't drink Tiger :D

I'm in BKK in a couple of weeks, I really would love to meet Mr Toad and Camel Toe in person!! fancy having it boys???

Get in there boys! great result!

Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal

Didier Drogba's double kept Chelsea's title hopes alive while damaging Arsenal's with a win that saw them leapfrog their rivals to go second.

William Gallas hit the post from five yards in the first half but Bacary Sagna put Arsenal in front with a near-post header on 59 minutes.

Drogba equalised with a low drive after Juliano Belletti's long pass was laid off to him by Frank Lampard.

And on 82 minutes Drogba poked home the winner after a Nicolas Anelka flick-on.

With Manchester United's victory over Liverpool earlier in the day, which put them six points clear at the top of the table, both sides were eager to get more than a point from the match - but were also desperate not to lose.

Chelsea began in more cautious fashion, allowing Arsenal plenty of time on the ball, while laying in wait in their defensive third to snuff out the attacks.

With Robin van Persie and Emmanuel Eboue hugging the touchlines, Arsenal used the width to good effect but without really penetrating.

Dutchman Van Persie sliced one shot high and wide when well placed and drove in a volley that was comfortably saved by Carlo Cudicini.

But while Arsenal were on top with their short passing game in the first 20 minutes, Chelsea's more direct approach dictated the play in the second part of the first half.

A lively Drogba sparked the change and he should have scored when clean though on goal but he miscontrolled the ball.

As the game opened up, Chelsea scrambled clear after two goalwards toe-pokes from Emmanuel Adebayor and Eboue, and Gallas hit the upright from five yards after sliding in at the back post.

Back came Chelsea and Salomon Kalou seemed set to score but missed his kick in the penalty area before the ball was hacked away and Manuel Almunia just managed to divert Joe Cole's dangerous low cross.

The desire to win the game was obvious from both sides and straight after the interval Matthieu Flamini was prevented from giving Arsenal the advantage when his vicious volley was superbly stopped by Cudicini.

Chelsea continued with their route-one approach and Drogba was through again after a long pass by Claude Makelele but Gallas recovered to do enough to put him off.

And then Arsenal turned defence into attack, literally, as Sagna beat his marker at the near post to head in from a Fabregas corner to score his first goal for the club.

But the Frenchman's delight soon turned sour when he was forced off with an ankle injury - and suddenly Chelsea stepped up through the gears.

After a couple of wasted chances, most notably a scuffed shot from Michael Ballack, another long pass paid dividends as the ball eventually fell to Drogba, who lashed in a low drive from the edge of the box.

The impetus was now all with Chelsea and when substitute Anelka headed on another long ball, Drogba was there to flick the ball beyond Almunia, who could not get a strong enough hand to it.

It proved enough to secure three points for Chelsea and close the gap on United to five points, while inflicting only a second league defeat of the season on Arsenal.

Chelsea: Cudicini, Essien, Carvalho, Terry, Ashley Cole, Ballack (Belletti 70), Makelele (Anelka 70), Lampard, Joe Cole (Obi 88), Drogba, Kalou.

Subs Not Used: Hilario, Alex.

Booked: Joe Cole, Ballack, Drogba.

Goals: Drogba 73, 82.

Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna (Diaby 72), Toure, Gallas, Clichy, Eboue, Fabregas, Flamini (Bendtner 88), Hleb, Adebayor, Van Persie (Walcott 76).

Subs Not Used: Lehmann, Senderos.

Booked: Eboue.

Goals: Sagna 59.

Att: 41,824

Ref: Mark Clattenburg (Tyne & Wear).

I'm in BKK in a couple of weeks, I really would love to meet Mr Toad and Camel Toe in person!! fancy having it boys???

No problem, let us know when you're in town, although if it is Songkran I'll be in Hua Hin and then Phuket.

u lost seapok????

this is neither the Football and beer in bkk thread

and certainly isnt that 'other' thread

What do you mean I lost? we beat you yesterday! haha and I personally never lose! ( hear that Toad and Camel Toe)

u lost seapok????

this is neither the Football and beer in bkk thread

and certainly isnt that 'other' thread

What do you mean I lost? we beat you yesterday! haha and I personally never lose! ( hear that Toad and Camel Toe)

Whats your problem? :o Is this some kind of threat? As I really don't understand where you are coming from.

Archived