Arsenal

MiG16

:o

as I said elsewhere MrToadie

best team, best players, best Manager, best club, best stadium, best (beautiful) football, BUT the worse of luck

but yes, pressure must be building on Arsene

did I mention Ive met him? we had a nice chat. smart, sharp and very polite

ohh and yes, thanks TP. you've always been a good supporter for us. I remember the.. 'which team would you support if not your own' thread. Id love to say that it doesnt matter that we dont win trophies, and to me and a lot of fans Im sure thats the case. but for the club and the commercial interest, this cannot be the case. and well if we get the silverware, no one would say no we dont want them would we :D

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just saw on BBC Henry in interview talking about how if he leaves Barcelona he wants to return to Arsenal

Yeah, I understand he's actually signed a pre-contract agreement with Spurs. :o

Henry plays down England return

Barcelona striker Thierry Henry insists he has no regrets about swapping the Premier League for the Nou Camp but admits his former club Arsenal 'are the only team in my heart'.

Such sentiments could frustrate Newcastle, the latest club to be linked with a move for the France striker following what has been a largely disappointing season in Spain, as Henry also suggested that the Gunners were the only English side he would return to.

But even so, the 30-year-old does not plan on ending his time with Barca in the immediate future.

'I'm happy here at Barcelona. I still have three years of my contract left with Barcelona,' he told BBC's Football Focus.

'I don't regret stuff in my life. Stuff happens for a reason. You don't regret stuff that you thought about. I don't regret it.'

'I'm happy - I don't regret leaving Arsenal. But England...I watch every game that I see on TV. I will always miss it.

'There's only one team in England for me. Everybody knows the love and affection I have for Arsenal. I was so into it, I became a fan.

'There has been since I arrived here a lot of speculation from day one but, hey, go back where? There's only one team for me in my heart. It took me a while to understand what that club, Arsenal, meant.'

thanks Jock

thats the one I was watching

Henry, still out big advocate despite not being with us. his words speak volume about the team. well done you :o

and heres Arsene's response to his favorite protege

"I read the statement," said the manager. "He said he is happy at Barcelona but if he comes back he will only play at Arsenal. I find that a really very good statement.

"But although you can never say never, at the moment I do not think about [re-signing him].

"However I still think he has a lot to offer as a player. The whole team in Barcelona has not worked completely this year, they were never in the race for the championship. Every player has been a bit devalued. But I still think he has a lot there."

Wenger revealed that Arsenal do NOT have any first option on Henry should he wish to leave the Camp Nou but manager and player are still in close contact.

"I don't put buy-out clauses in the contract of the players that I find," he said. "At that level, I don't even ask to put the buy-out clause in because it's unfair.

"But I had a chat with him not a long time ago. He watches every Arsenal game and he can give me advice!

"When I can, I watch Barcelona because I'm always interested in how he looks, how his sharpness is, in what position he plays. I give him my view about his game.

"For me, Thierry is an efficient goalscorer. But Barca have two or three players [like that] there. What was a little bit damaging to his success at Barcelona is that Ronadinho has not turned up this season, so that the one who can play left wing is Thierry. And that's where he plays. But that's not his preferred position and that's not where he is most efficient."

source: my default start up website :o

ohh someone got in ahead of me with the result

but..will still say it

Derby 2 : 6 Arsenal

good game good game.

interestingly, from the Arsenal website, this is what they have to say. (Im an optimist and believe in and support my team all the way, but ermm...Im also a realist at some point, this would be one of those occasion.....) to me the below is rather wishful thinking than anything else

Arsenal kept alive their faint, faint chances of a title comeback with a crushing 6-2 victory at relegated Derby County on Monday night.

Goals from Nicklas Bendtner, Robin van Persie, Theo Walcott plus a second-half hat-trick from Emmanuel Adebayor were enough to see off Paul Jewell's side. The hosts had looked lively early on but strikes in either period from Jay McEveley and Robert Earnshaw were never enough.

Once they had roused themselves from a sluggish start, Arsenal took charge and could have many more goals than the half-dozen they registered. agree with this bit

Adebayor's treble, his second against Derby this season, will hog the headlines but Walcott's strike was the highlight of the night as the England international once again took the eye.

This victory puts Arsenal four points adrift of two leading teams. Only a rose-tinted optimist would fancy Wenger's men to lift the Premier League trophy at Sunderland on May 11. It would require both Chelsea and Manchester United to fail to register a win in either of their last two games.

Both [but?] where there is life there is hope. And Arsenal are still just about registering a pulse in this title race.

whoever has written this cant quite make up his mind about whether he wants to say there is or there isnt hope :o

I assume its a guy that wrote it...Richard Clarke sounds like a guy's name :D

source: Arsenal.com

text in blue within the quote is me

Arsene's prematch interview from arsenal.com

some of you will love what he has to say:

"The Premier League was very tight but we want to focus on finishing well now," the 58-year-old.

"We have played well the whole season and we don't think we have been rewarded for the efforts we have put in. We have been consistent, losing just three games, and nobody expected us to do that at the start of the year.

"I think Manchester United will win the title and they will be worthy winners. Chelsea have a disadvantage right now because of course they depend on the result of their opponents."

If Arsenal avoid defeat at Emirates Stadium they will complete an unbeaten season at home. It would also take their record at their new ground to 55 games with just one defeat - an enviable record. For Wenger, it is just another reason to be cheerful rather than fearful.

"The overall quality of the season has been absolutely outstanding," he said. "Because it is without a trophy - by that I mean the Champions League and the Premier League - people are very negative.

"We have to improve our killer instinct at the crucial stage of the season but you must believe in this team because I feel that they are very special.".

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi Migs

It's only a suggestion, but don't you think it's time to change your avatar again.

How about something more "new season", or even the "Kirribilli Look" in Green & Gold :o:D

Cheers Ken

Talking about Avatar's has Mr Toad gone colour blind :D or is he in mourning ..

BT

Hi Migs

It's only a suggestion, but don't you think it's time to change your avatar again.

How about something more "new season", or even the "Kirribilli Look" in Green & Gold :o:D

Cheers Ken

Im sticking with my Dutch support until Arsenal season starts again :D

as to the socceroos.....until they can get the name right...they wont be having a repeat of the world cup 2006 performance I think...

(did you see the 2010 qualifying against China! <<shakes her head>> )

Hi Migs

Cheers Ken

May I suggest the Tri-colour ??

• 2 weeks later...

more on that transfer here:

but it really doesnt worry me that he goes. Cesc Fabregas is currently my man of the moment :o

ohhh..... something to share preseason:

post-22734-1216013275_thumb.jpg

post-22734-1216013311_thumb.jpg

post-22734-1216013321_thumb.jpg

post-22734-1216013333_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

To Migs, congrats on your esteemed new position within the hierarchy & upper echelons of Thai Visa.

Warning to all the proles and plebs. "Be careful what you say about the Arsenal" one might get Yellow Carded for saying "Cesc Fabregas is a Wimp.". :o

Lovely stadium they have at the Emirates, Migs....... :D

To Migs, congrats on your esteemed new position within the hierarchy & upper echelons of Thai Visa.

Warning to all the proles and plebs. "Be careful what you say about the Arsenal" one might get Yellow Carded for saying "Cesc Fabregas is a Wimp.". :D

Lovely stadium they have at the Emirates, Migs....... :D

Congrats Mig, well deserved. :o

haha

they wont let me MOD the footie forum though

(perhaps for fear I will ban all ManU and Chelsea fans) :o

but I will really celebrate when Arsenal start our winning spree :D

bring on the next season!!! (im wilting in this winter cold without the footie games to look forward to!!)

EDIT: forgetting my spellings!!

• 2 weeks later...
WHERE

so where are the arsenal fans on this forum? :o

surely there must be more than me????? :D

You should be worried Miggsy, even Thierry Henry is considering moving to Manchester United........... :D

(That's if the reliable rumour mill is to be trusted)

Of course, it could be worse, you could have chosen to support Man City......... :D

WHERE

Why don't you try the footy prediction thread you might meet some there or again maybe not :D We have been keeping you a seat at our BKK footy nights now for a long time so great to see you again.

BT

WHERE

Probably not. :D

Thery all suffer from Wegners Syndrom, which means they wouldn't be able to see this thread. :D

Archived