Arsenal

MiG16

^and Diaby is injured again

No change thererolleyes.gif

To be honest it's the occasional glimpses when he's not injured that are unusual.

Never recovered from the carthorse tackle.

Thankfully the carthorse that did it is where he deserves to be.

It turns out that not only did Smith never play for Sunderland again, but the 23-year-old is no longer in football.

He drifted up to Scotland where he had a handful for games for a number of clubs as a triallist before returning to the north east with Conference side Gateshead last season, after which he was released.

Since then he has been working in a call centre and training to be a hairdresser.

I can only assume that Wenger will attempt to win the Prem by trying to reproduce his Invincibles team of 2004.

Problem is, the game has moved on. Arsenal have won nothing of significance since Mourinho came to England first time round, City got motoring and UNITED continued on their roll under Ferguson.

City, Liverpool, and UNITED under van Gaal will make it very difficult for Wenger.

Never mind Martinez and Mourinho.

As for Arsenal's chances in the Champions League... I wouldn't put money on it.

Wenger's method is too much old school French and not enough new German.

That's is 40th injury since he joined us apparently.

I can only assume Wenger is hoping that the new German quack can sort him out once and for all.

Had a good start then!thumbsup.gif

I don't think he'd started before this latest knack.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't just suggest euthanising him, it would be kinder.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

Uh oh. Looks like hard nosed Liverpool fan is getting sweetie pie with Southern shandy.

City to win the Community Shield.

Not sure what Rodgers will do at the Emirates or when the @rse visit Anfield.

I wouldn't put money on Arsenal though.

Our comedy sidekick defender Djourou has signed for Hamburg on a permanent basis.

No loss there.

I was surprised (nay astonished) that he played reasonably well for Switzerand in the couple of games I watched. Like you, thought he was a total bozo for Arsenal.

I was impressed with Debuchy, Chambers looked good at CB, and Sanogo, for a raw youngster, does well keeping the ball.

I like Sanogo, maybe won't be the deal this season, but I think he's going to be the bollicks when his brain matches his physique.

If they can keep free of the injuries, unlike last season, you would consider Arsenal to be right up there this season.Quite impressive and a willingness to fight for every ball.

Walcott and Ox still to come in will guarantee some competition for places...very healthy situation.

Need a replacement for Vermaelen, but Wenger says he's on it. Wonder what he has planned for Chambers, who looks a steal.

You must be pleased the way Sanchez seems to have slotted straight in.

If Falcao goes as i expect to Madrid then how about a double swoop for Khedira and Benzema? Both better than anything you currently have in those positions, and Benzema linked up well with Ozil before.

It would be depressing if you did intact sign those two but i suspect Wenger will balls it up and you will start off brightly, flat track bullies and then implode around mid march.

biggrin.png

Need a replacement for Vermaelen, but Wenger says he's on it. Wonder what he has planned for Chambers, who looks a steal.

If Falcao goes as i expect to Madrid then how about a double swoop for Khedira and Benzema? Both better than anything you currently have in those positions, and Benzema linked up well with Ozil before.

It would be depressing if you did intact sign those two but i suspect Wenger will balls it up and you will start off brightly, flat track bullies and then implode around mid march.

biggrin.png

Benzema has just signed a new deal so I doubt it. The Khedira stuff I suspect is all about his agent trying to up his new deal also. So I have no interest.

Besides which when Wenger goes for players, the press are rarely on the case until the last minute.

As for the implode, I hope our new American fitness guru, poached from the Jerries, can do something about the rack of injuries that almost always precipitate a drop in form.

If you had a player as good as Ramsey, you'd understand what it's like to lose him.

thumbsup.gif

However, our midfield pool is now much deeper, and if he replaces Vermaelen we have a good selection of defenders, too.

I'm still wondering if he's going to bite the bullet and buy a marquee striker and/or a monster DM. Still plenty of time in the window though.

Have you bought anyone yet?

biggrin.png

Benzema has just signed a new deal so I doubt it. The Khedira stuff I suspect is all about his agent trying to up his new deal also. So I have no interest.

Besides which when Wenger goes for players, the press are rarely on the case until the last minute.

As for the implode, I hope our new American fitness guru, poached from the Jerries, can do something about the rack of injuries that almost always precipitate a drop in form.

If you had a player as good as Ramsey, you'd understand what it's like to lose him.

thumbsup.gif

However, our midfield pool is now much deeper, and if he replaces Vermaelen we have a good selection of defenders, too.

I'm still wondering if he's going to bite the bullet and buy a marquee striker and/or a monster DM. Still plenty of time in the window though.

Have you bought anyone yet?

I'd have thought your absolute priority was as you say a monster DM.

As for us, in the argentine we trust!! However, Dawson hasn't an earthly in a Pochettino back four as well you know so saves the laughs and i'll save my obvious stress when the line goes high!!

• Like 1

Not going to go overboard given that Man City were playing with only 60% of their first team to our 75% and seemed to be not that interested in winning this one.

We clearly were (given our need to banish a few ghosts about big games and 5 or 6 goal losses to big teams last year). Chicog says it all about our good performances so all I'll add at this late stage of the day is that I was a little worried that Wenger chose Arteta as captain - surely he's not planning on running with him this season (ie no new DFM)?

Looks good in a Barcelona shirt.

Reckon he'll do well.

thumbsup.gif

'Bout as good as Alex Song I reckon. Barca seem to be competing with Citeh to claim us as their feeder club. Fine by me given the nice deals they do.