Arsenal

MiG16

Not really Arsenal but I watched him play some blinders against us over the years, and I can't be arsed opening a separate thread.

Hope he recovers.

Pavel Srnicek: Ex-Newcastle keeper has cardiac arrest

Former Newcastle goalkeeper Pavel Srnicek is in a critical condition in hospital after suffering cardiac arrest in the Czech Republic.

According to information received by his agent Steve Wraith, the 47-year-old collapsed while out jogging in Ostrava on Sunday.

"I spoke to his family in the Czech Republic who said his heart had stopped," Wraith told BBC Sport.

"He is in a critical condition in hospital and remains unconscious."

Srnicek became a fans' favourite during his first spell with the Magpies between 1991 and 1998. He was signed by manager Jim Smith and played under Ossie Ardiles, Kevin Keegan and latterly Kenny Dalglish.

While Keegan was in charge, Srnicek helped Newcastle win promotion to the top flight during the 1992-93 season.

He was also an integral part of the squad that came close to winning the Premier League title in the 1995-96 campaign.

Srnicek, who had spells at Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth and West Ham, was brought back to the club on a season-long deal in September 2006 as cover for the injured Shay Given.

He made 49 appearances for his country and was in Tyneside in December to promote his autobiography.

Edited by Chicog

Great result. Have not seen match yet* and CTH schedule implies not re-run until 21:30 tonight (annoying that - probably will come up but could not wait to see result). Wenger vindicated in not running Sanchez then. In good shape at Christmas! Only Spurs let to beat of our top 5 rivals

*poor planning - had to stay in Ubon and go on bar crawl - goes with the territory of organising local hash house harriers. Too tight to pay for the one hotel in town that has full TV packages. Too pi$$ed to stay awake anyway!

impressive result, esp with wiltshire and sanichez still to come into the picture. Pc in goal makes a HUGE. difference to that defense . Unfortunatly Have to say make you bang on for the title. Good to see gibbs get game time perhaps off the bench for a while b4 he gets the lb spot , which he surely will? suits him and wallcott getting fit is great for england. Though thought that at the end was just a matter of time b4 man city got the equalizer.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Great result. Have not seen match yet* and CTH schedule implies not re-run until 21:30 tonight (annoying that - probably will come up but could not wait to see result). Wenger vindicated in not running Sanchez then. In good shape at Christmas! Only Spurs let to beat of our top 5 rivals

*poor planning - had to stay in Ubon and go on bar crawl - goes with the territory of organising local hash house harriers. Too tight to pay for the one hotel in town that has full TV packages. Too pi$$ed to stay awake anyway!

Santi - It was an excellent game, particularly after the 1st goal. Enjoy!

On On!

Have hashed all over the world. Never in the Middle East though; must say I always thought that yer Arab-land hashers must be a special breed to run in the blandness/heat of the desert. Yes - I've heard all the explanations of it's beauty, but give me the jungle or, even better, the coastal hills of Dorset, the Dales of Yorkshire or exploring the by-waters of interesting towns like London or Ubon (!) anytime.

It's all about the beer though, really. Getting excited about the exercise is not advocated.

Back to the knitting. I see Sanchez did risk training with the full team instead of with the U-21s as recommended. Result: Not back now until Feb. That boy is his own worst enemy!

• Like 1

Amazing what a bit of positive stroking can do for an old dog.

Arsene is purring like its 2004, back to his mischievous Man U baiting, claiming the LVG is being disrespected by not being given enough time. So Chic narrowly beat Arsene in being the first to call for a save our LVG campaign tongue.png

Imagine, there were Arsenal fans crying for Wenger to be axed not long ago.

Yeah they're ar$eholes. Bit quiet now though.

To be fair I really was hoping you'd be trailing Leicester at Christmas! biggrin.png

Poor tiny totts, once again looking for others to do what they themselves cannot: Finish a season above The Arsenal.

cheesy.gif

Woke up expecting 3-1 or even 3-2.

4-0????? How embarrassing is that! GD advantage shot to pieces as well. So now the title is Man City's to lose. Up next - it's Spurs turn.

Edited by SantiSuk