Arsenal

MiG16

Walcott 2 out of 10 (Wenger has Thai loss of face moment finally having to sub his new captain 55 minutes too late). Ramsey 3 out of 10. Flam 3 out of 10. Can't expect points with performances like that

Edited by SantiSuk

This team have an Indian sign over us. We played like rabbits in headlights until the red card (and it was a red).

Then Chelski didn't really have to do too much to contain us.

Apparently Ollie is carrying an injury and Wenger decided it would not have been prudent for him to carry the can up front for that long. No arguments there.

Still had chances. <deleted> them up.

Bad day at the office.

Move on.

21% of Chelski's points this season have come from us.

blink.png

until the red card (and it was a red).

Agreed. But why doesn't Wenger know the rules? Blaming Costa for being "clever" makes Wenger look stupid. The rules are quite clear:-

"Kicks or attempts to kick an opponent"

"Trips or attempts to trip an opponent"

So whether or not Mertesakker made contact makes no difference, the offence was punishable with a free kick but then coupled with the following, it makes it a straight red:-

"Denies an obvious goal scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or penalty kick"

If you have Arsene's e-mail addy could you forward this onto him biggrin.png

I keep harping on about it but our shocking current (2 out of 9 points, one of which was lucky at Liverpool) is down to poor defensive mid.

Fans all banged on about that area needing strengthening in Summer but Wenger did nothing. Now he has bought cover for Coq but he is still relying on Flam and Ramsey. Note how many times in the first half that Ramsey and Flam are in the Chelsea 18 yard box. There is one crazy moment where both are together within 4 yards of a defending corner flag. Poor discipline/poor coaching IMO.

I wonder how bad Giroud's carried injury is. Potential to kiss goodbye to a late run of establishing lasting legacy for Arsene if he goes unfit for more than a couple of games.

Coquelin back for selection after two full weeks in training according to Wenger's press conference. Praise the Lord!

Plus Rosicky, who is still a very useful squad bench player. Plus Welbeck, who needs some match fitness.

Terrible January - started with a miserable win against Newcastle and deteriorated from there with 2 points out of 9. Amazing that we are only 2 points off the top after all that. Have a real chance now with Sanchez and Coq back!

Err .. provided Giroud stays fit! Wellbeck was a justified panic buy at the time, but it looks v unlikely he will ever be a title-winning CF.

PS I noticed reports that Ozil cost significantly less than the originally highlighted headline number. We would have to win every possible title til he retires at 1million euros (or pounds?) a pop to work up to the original number. He seemed to be another that was intimidated by Chelsea but fully expect him to be crucial in the run-in.

Edited by SantiSuk

Mo is Elneney the new guy?

It would be odd if he didn't get at least some off-the-bench time. Southampton at home on Tuesday, so need to give a few a chance to catch breath. Maybe we'll see Debuchy as well if he is not being sold or going on loan. Curious how he has just disappeared off the radar (accepting that Bellerin would of course keep him out of anything vital/difficult) - did he fall out with Arsene?

Wenger made nine changes.

Never really got out of 2nd gear.

Never really had to.

Into the hat we go....

Still a pretty strong line-up at the sharp end!

Just kept an eye on the live ticker - must organise myself an internet TV, now that I've finally been able to dispense with TOT in favour of sarmB here in the sticks.

In fairness , he ain't the only one you have, wiltshire and gibbs spring immediately to mind. And I'm pretty sure there are others.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nah - Gibbs (nor any others) aren't in the same league as these top 3 (off the top of my head) in recent history:

No 1 - Diaby (master sick-note himself; such a criminal waste - could have been another Viera)

No 2 - Wilshere (glass ankles for 3 seasons; unlikely to fulfill his potential)

No 3 - Rosicky (seems to have spent the last 3 seasons missing half a season, but don't recall him being an issue in his prime - tended to miss odd games.

Walcott, Ramsey and Cazorla seem to have a month or two out every season, but again not in the same league as those 3.

Same old sub-par back of midfield/same old lack of control over games. The title looks like getting away from us at this rate.

Surely our feted manager can do something different, rather than just plugging away with the Flam/Ramsey failed pairing? February is turning into January